Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: One Year Anniversary...

Watch a replay of this game and see how well our o-line played only a year ago. Man...I really under-appreciated Birk. Gave up only one sack to Von, Elvis, and crew I believe.

I agree...this one has to go down as one of the greatest in NFL History. A huge underdog, on the road, down by 7 with less than a minute to go. A 70 yard hail mary touchdown to send it to not 1 overtime but DOUBLE OVERTIME! I don't think anything can ever top that for me.

I can't believe they didn't just try throwing once to get a first down. They just needed one first down and they could have moved on. Lets hope lighting strikes twice again today. GO CHARGERS GO!

Re: One Year Anniversary...

It was NOT a "Hail Mary!" A "Hail Mary" pass is a desperate pass on the final play of the first or second half, on which the offense hopes the ball somehow gets to a receiver in the end zone (as we saw the Bengals pull off against the Ravens in Baltimore this season.) The "F-Bomb" play began with with well over 30 seconds left in the game, against a prevent victory defense. Flacco evaded the rush, stepped up, saw Jacoby beyond the deepest defender, and launched a deep pass to him, which was caught and run in for the TD.

After our score, there were 30 seconds left in the game. IMO, it was enough time for Peyton who had timeouts, to his team into field goal range. Fortunately for the Ravens and we fans, John Fox was too chicken to try.
    Al