Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

NFC Divisional Round-49ers vs Panthers

Should be a great game, I have the 49ers edging out the Panthers 20-19 on a last second Phil Dawson field goal.
    Who do you guys have?

Re: NFC Divisional Round-49ers vs Panthers

I like the panthers in this one. I think the D gets it done against the SF offense.

The Panthers O vs SF D is where I think this one gets won or lost

I'm rooting for the home team. Mainly because I can't stand seeing Squidward kissing his biceps. I don't like the 49ers or their coach either.

Go Panthers!!!
    I want a Flacco jersey! Johnny Bench wore #5

Niners. Carolina has not seen that kind of swarming, physical D yet this year and this is going to be a wake up call.

Last time they played Aldon Smith, Crabtree and Davis were all out. Not so much this time around.

Too many weapons.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Blog Entries

That rendition of the national anthem was beautiful!

Damn, an injury on the first play from scrimmage, I hope he's okay.

Big Boys knee got caught up

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

That last play reminded me of a Pollard tackle.

Seattle will have their hands full with either of these teams. They won't fold like the Saints.

LOL...what a terrible call
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

That's the other thing I noticed this year about why our deep ball success was so low. Every deep ball Joe threw this year was a timing sensitive, predictive throw that requires throwing before the receiver even comes open, anticipating where he will be in a couple seconds after you have already let the ball out and often having no idea what kind of separation, if any, the receiver will have by the time the ball comes down to earth. Watching all these other teams, often their deep passes are to a receiver who has already gotten massive separation, come wide open, and is just waiting for the ball to be thrown to him. Like Kaep a few plays ago, he doesn't have to anticipate the future location or guess the separation his receiver will get, he threw it to an open and waiting receiver, no calculations for stride, speed, etc to worry about. Flacco never had easy deep throws to ready and waiting receivers like that. The kind of deep balls he was throwing were significantly lower percentage timing and anticipation type throws, and there just wasn't enough consistency in how much separation and speed our receivers were getting on those routes this year for Flacco to be able to predict them correctly consistently, so they were just incredibly low percentage plays and we had them dialed up way too often. I would love if Flacco could throw to a ready and waiting wide open receiver from time to time!

Blog Entries

Look...a delayed blitz...I didn't even know they existed!