Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: how messed up is florida?

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I think he'll get a relatively easy conviction on murder 2...and that should have probably been the goal for the prosecution from the start.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Thats probably the real issue i have then. The DA seems to be going for higher than the prosecution can prove. I thought it was a 2nd degree that he was charged with to begin with.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    The white shooter/black teen narrative wasnt blown out in this one either,
    I have to disagree with this.

I haven't followed this one at all, reading this thread is the most I know about the case (summed up quite nicely by Haloti) but all I heard during and after the verdict on GMA or what ever show was on the TV was how a white man shot an unarmed black teenager - just like the GZ case.
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I have to disagree with this.

I haven't followed this one at all, reading this thread is the most I know about the case (summed up quite nicely by Haloti) but all I heard during and after the verdict on GMA or what ever show was on the TV was how a white man shot an unarmed black teenager - just like the GZ case.
    and thats the point. Are you telling me if you didnt look into GZ case you wouldnt have heard about it? This one wasnt blown out and made into a race issue the way that case was.
    -JAB

and thats the point. Are you telling me if you didnt look into GZ case you wouldnt have heard about it? This one wasnt blown out and made into a race issue the way that case was.
    Not many trials reach the level of notoriety like the GZ trial. But that doesn't mean the media isn't making this a race issue.

This very morning on GMA, they said it over and over again.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

I don't see how the most I know about the case from is from the thread, doesn't mean it wasn't a race issue. The only thing I know from TV is a white man shot a black unarmed teenager. The specifics I know about it were from reading this thread.
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin