Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
Results 73 to 84 of 136
  1. #73

    Re: TMZ says Kaepernick is under investigation for sexual assault



    Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    Have you not been around guys who go to each other's apartments, pour shots, then someone invents some sort of "requirement" that first everybody has to do a bong hit? Or some other dumb stunt? That's pretty standard party behavior everywhere.

    People over-do it and pass out. Happens a lot. Girls, and guys. In college, many a poor fellow has woken up with magic marker on his face, or perhaps even a missing eyebrow.

    Even if she had, as you say, "planned on putting out", plans do change. If she felt sick and had to lie down, and didn't want to "put out" anymore, what right does anyone have to unilaterally decide to go ahead with it anyway?

    Seriously, some of you guys have me hoping my daughters grow up to be lesbians. No fricking way I want them mixing with your offspring if that's all the wisdom you have to offer.
    And for the record, you wouldn't want your daughter up in some random apartment smoking a bong with three guys in the first place. And you sure as heck wouldn't want her laying down in one of their rooms.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  2. #74

    Re: TMZ says Kaepernick is under investigation for sexual assault

    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    this thread has a lot of pro-rape sentiment. No wonders woman are usually afraid to come forward after such instances. Immediately its her fault and a money grab... despite her being blacked out and fondled. that makes sense.

    What girl goes to a house of a guy shes already banged and not expect to fuck him again?...seriously?

    So every girl ive ever had sex with is just suppose to assume if were in the same room that shes going to fuck me again? That is one of the most bizarre thought processes ive ever heard. it might be assumed by the men in question, but its not about them. why does her hanging out with them mean that was her intent from the start? Its as if were talking about men as unstoppable sexual predators when you say a woman cant expect to hang out with men without expecting sex. We may think about sex all the time as men, but that doesnt mean we should be expected to not have self control.

    consent isnt about past or future its about present. in this moment does she consent. Being passed out kind of makes that difficult.

    As far as the story goes, im not sure what went down. more i hear the more it sounds like its more out of fear of what could have than necessarily what did as far as the investigation, because she literally doesnt know what happened. If she did just pass out and he groped her, thats still sexual assault, but if he did stop at that, im not sure thats classified as rape, im not entirely sure of where rape starts.
    Oh for the love of God, nobody's saying Rape is okay. We're saying common sense doesn't equate to her showing up there, doing what she does, then not wanting to play ball yelling for everybody to get out, but not leaving the house or even attempting to leave the house, FROM JUMPSTREET, like common sense would dictate.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  3. #75

    Re: TMZ says Kaepernick is under investigation for sexual assault

    Quote Originally Posted by Jayc00 View Post
    Understood, however either there's more to this story, and then it becomes serious, or there's nothing more to it and you all are protecting a women who put herself in a stupid situation to begin with.
    And could be a lying for all we know, which is all we're trying to say. We're not saying Rape is okay. We're saying we don't quite believe the story.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  4. #76

    Re: TMZ says Kaepernick is under investigation for sexual assault

    Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    +1

    Seriously, Excellector and Jayc00: Why did that have to be explained? Despite what my alma mater seems to think, you can't give consent if you're blacked out/chemically incapacitated.

    The details aren't all there yet, and honestly maybe nothing damning will come out. If it's found her body didn't sustain sexual trauma then those three boneheads are in the clear. But if such evidence is found, they are in for a world of legal and PR hurt, as they should be.
    If they end up in the clear, why would they be boneheads? Why wouldn't she be a bonehead in that case too? Why not four boneheads?
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  5. #77

    Re: TMZ says Kaepernick is under investigation for sexual assault

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    The high school kid who was released from jail after she admitted she lied. Brian Banks maybe?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I thought he was talking about the guy that did about five years in prison for being convicted of raping a girl in high school or college. After those five years, the young woman FINALLY came out and said that she lied about it, because she didn't want her family to know that she was sexually involved with a man of a different ethnicity. The young man's chances at the career of his dreams were pretty much ruined. She never had to do any time for lying about it. Five years he'll never get back. And the stigma will always follow him. Once the accusation gets out there, there will always be some out there who wonder.

    Because guess what folks, in this unfortunately unideal world we live in, where wouldn't think that anyone would dare lie about one of the worst things that could ever happen to a person, there are actually evil women out there who will......get this.....lie about being raped. And quite frankly, based on the story as it was originally described, I smell a rat.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  6. #78
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    22,036

    Re: TMZ says Kaepernick is under investigation for sexual assault

    Sportscenter has been running an interesting twist to this all morning.

    So apparently the accuser was taken to the hospital on the night in question. She didn't remember a thing that happened that night so they did a rape kit.

    The police have the results of that rape kit but are refusing to disclose the results.

    I think it's a good bet that the rape kit is showing someone did have intercourse with her the night in question. I'd also be willing to bet they took her blood to see if she did have some sort of date rape drug in her system.

    This story is starting to grow legs.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  7. #79
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,118
    Blog Entries
    4
    What's the charge in America if you're found guilty of rape, even if you're rich and famous?




  8. #80
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Posts
    6,854

    Re: TMZ says Kaepernick is under investigation for sexual assault

    Whole lot of blame the victim in this thread. SMH. Yes she shouldn't had put herself in that situation, but that doesn't anything that may have happened to her is her own fault. How about holding the rapist accountable. Just because there is a female in your apartment getting high with you, doesn't give you free reign to do whatever you want. As far as her "common sense", I am willing to give a young person (assuming her age) a pass largely. How many things did each of us do in our youth that, knowing better now, we wish we hadn't done or are lucky things didn't end up bad.

    Also I believe she isn't the one crying rape. She woke up in a hospital with no memory of the previous night. She's probably confused and freighted, and looking for answers. Instead of jumping to conclusions, how about we wait for further information (like the majority wanted to do with Rice) before we blame anyone.
    "I got this." - Justin Tucker




  9. #81
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    22,036

    Re: TMZ says Kaepernick is under investigation for sexual assault

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Then they shouldn't care about Deonte or any other play that is arrested for pot. As long as they don't test positive. Frankly I agree with this but not sure the league is consistent with this approach
    Well sure, there's some duplicity here. But that's often the case in an employee / employer relationship, especially when collective bargaining is involved.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  10. #82

    Re: TMZ says Kaepernick is under investigation for sexual assault

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Sportscenter has been running an interesting twist to this all morning.

    So apparently the accuser was taken to the hospital on the night in question. She didn't remember a thing that happened that night so they did a rape kit.

    The police have the results of that rape kit but are refusing to disclose the results.

    I think it's a good bet that the rape kit is showing someone did have intercourse with her the night in question. I'd also be willing to bet they took her blood to see if she did have some sort of date rape drug in her system.

    This story is starting to grow legs.
    Now, if new evidence arises, I'll admit that I was wrong about the story being B.S. I won't do so gladly, because unfortunately recanting would mean she actually did go through something, which is terrible.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  11. #83

    Re: TMZ says Kaepernick is under investigation for sexual assault

    Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    Whole lot of blame the victim in this thread. SMH. Yes she shouldn't had put herself in that situation, but that doesn't anything that may have happened to her is her own fault. How about holding the rapist accountable. Just because there is a female in your apartment getting high with you, doesn't give you free reign to do whatever you want. As far as her "common sense", I am willing to give a young person (assuming her age) a pass largely. How many things did each of us do in our youth that, knowing better now, we wish we hadn't done or are lucky things didn't end up bad.

    Also I believe she isn't the one crying rape. She woke up in a hospital with no memory of the previous night. She's probably confused and freighted, and looking for answers. Instead of jumping to conclusions, how about we wait for further information (like the majority wanted to do with Rice) before we blame anyone.
    How many times do we have to say this....

    We are not condoning rape. We don't believe one occurred. We believe the story, with its implication that a rape took place, is false.....furthermore...I'll put it like this...

    When you go into the jungle, you know the danger that is there. Technically, no, it's not your fault that the lion ate you, but common sense wouldn't lead you to think that you are going to walk into the jungle, or a lion's den and not be eaten. Hence, why people don't just go waltzing into Lion's dens. If you enter a warzone and you get shot, it's the fault of the person who pulls the trigger, but that doesn't mean you go into the warzone thinking you won't get shot. Hence, why people tend to stay away from warzones. When you're teammates with Tony Romo, you are going to lose in heartbreaking fashion. It's Romo's fault that you do so, but that doesn't mean it's common sense to become a member of the Cowboys and expect Romo to lead you to a Super Bowl. Hence why any sane player would abandon the Dallas Cowboys as quickly as possible. So, while we are indeed criticizing the young women and the legitimacy of the story, considering she entered a guy's apartment (Not even Kaepernick's), started voluntarily POURING THEM shots, then agreed to hit a bong, then voluntarily went to lay down in a guy's room she might not have even known that well, instead of calling for a cab or a friend and leaving once she felt light headed, and either did not want to put out to them or did not expect them to want some, we are not condoning the actions of these men if they indeed raped her.

    And might I add that for the record, this is nothing new, this is what we do. A guy finds himself the victim of a robbery. We don't condone the robbery, but we heavily criticize the guy for having $50,000 cash in his car. We don't condone that the guy got mixed up in a fight and we don't condone those who assaulted him, but we are quick to criticize him for strutting to the club with his guyfriends, with all the money and jewelry. We don't condone the guy who injured/killed himself and his friend because he decided to get behind the wheel of a car while heavily intoxicated. But we will criticize his friend for making the decision to even be in the car with him in the first place.

    I thought that we could have a conversation where we can actually differentiate between the two, but obviously we can't with this particular type of accusation. Which is partly why you end up with cases such as the guy I eluded to earlier. Five years in jail, football dreams shattered, has to pretty much start all over, with zero repercussions for the woman who lied about the whole thing, with nobody having shit to say to him after the pitchforks were out for him when he was first convicted.
    Last edited by The Excellector; 04-13-2014 at 10:42 AM.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  12. #84
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Arlington, Virginia
    Posts
    520

    Re: TMZ says Kaepernick is under investigation for sexual assault

    Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    Whole lot of blame the victim in this thread. SMH. Yes she shouldn't had put herself in that situation, but that doesn't anything that may have happened to her is her own fault. How about holding the rapist accountable. Just because there is a female in your apartment getting high with you, doesn't give you free reign to do whatever you want. As far as her "common sense", I am willing to give a young person (assuming her age) a pass largely. How many things did each of us do in our youth that, knowing better now, we wish we hadn't done or are lucky things didn't end up bad.

    Also I believe she isn't the one crying rape. She woke up in a hospital with no memory of the previous night. She's probably confused and freighted, and looking for answers. Instead of jumping to conclusions, how about we wait for further information (like the majority wanted to do with Rice) before we blame anyone.
    As a female who made my share of questionable decisions in my early 20s, couldn't have said it better myself

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland