• Beckham

26 60.47%
  • Cooks

6 13.95%
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Re: Gun to your head WR scenario

Ricky Proehl!

I take Lee, I guess. Before the injuries he was great. Even dealing with the injuries (which are the main reason drafting him worries me) he played very well.

Sort of a downer at 17 though.
    This is a novel I was asked to proofread. The author is giving 10% of the profits to kidney research, which is a big deal in the Darb household. Fair warning; it's a fantasy novel, and the main characters are lesbians. It's three bucks on kindle from Amazon.http://www.amazon.com/WINDOWS-BROKEN...ken+fairy+tale

I don't really see where Beckham dominated a good team. I am purely looking at boxscores without context....but where did he light up a top program?

Blog Entries

You left the most important option out of the poll:
    o Just shoot me!
    Tutto dentro lo Stato, niente fuori lo Stato, niente contro lo Stato. (Benito Mussolini, 9.XII.1928)

Everything according to The Plan, nothing that isn't in The Plan, nothing that contradicts The Plan. (Bisciotti/Oz/Harbs--the Natty BOH Troika: )

Quote Originally Posted by JCroUSAF View Post
    A lot of people are down on beckham because he ran slow at the combine. 4.6? But watching his tape, he definetly plays a lot faster. I do not hold much stock in the 40 anyway. So much of it is based off of learning how to come out of a sprinters stance. Proper technique can shave hundreds of seconds off which people fall in love with. Beckham is a playmaker with great hands above average game speed and good quick twitch to him. I would take him at 17 in this scenario. Personally I think he's going to end up being the best reciever from this draft class
    Might be thinking abut Landry here.

Speaking of WRs, we have maintained a ton of interest in Martavis Bryant since the Combine. Bryant was the "other" Clemson wide receiver. Good size/speed combo.
    Last edited by JoeCool5; 04-20-2014 at 09:58 AM.

Any interest in Wisconsin's Jared Abbrederis? He's only 6'1" and 195lbs, but he's a crisp route runner that torched Bradley Roby last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbirds80 View Post
    Might be thinking abut Landry here.
    Ahh your right! Even still beckham is a good reciever lol

If the Ravens had to take one of these three WRs, I wouldn't be disappointed landing any of them. I've been a big Lee guy for a long time, but can understand why so many posters like Beckham. Cooks is a Steve Smith clone to my eyes, and that's not a bad thing. If I had to rank them, I would go Lee, Beckham, Cooks, but would probably just shrug if the Ravens see it differently.

What about that kid Benjamin? Think we'll have a shot at him in the 2nd round? That the kid I like if/when we don't get Mike Evans.

Blog Entries

If this was a "Gun to your head TE scenario" then I'd be compelled to choose Aaron Hernandez... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    If this was a "Gun to your head TE scenario" then I'd be compelled to choose Aaron Hernandez... Bc
    Why are we not surprised? If half (hell, even a quarter) of what you've posted re your SiL is true, you'd hafta go with someone you'd be pretty sure wouldn't screw up the execution...
    Tutto dentro lo Stato, niente fuori lo Stato, niente contro lo Stato. (Benito Mussolini, 9.XII.1928)

Everything according to The Plan, nothing that isn't in The Plan, nothing that contradicts The Plan. (Bisciotti/Oz/Harbs--the Natty BOH Troika: )