Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Re: RSR 2014 NFL Mock Draft Take 2 - Draft Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Great pick. I did the exact same thing for the Raiders the first time around. Watkins is the perfect fit for ANY team.
    fixed it?
    -JAB

Jonboy inboxed me his pick. With the 6th pick of the 2014 NFL Draft, the Atlanta Falcons select Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M

"I've always been told that I'm too small, i'm not big enough, i'm not fast enough, i don't have what it takes, I prepare so no one can take what is mine. No one can replace my mind, my heart."

"Leave your mark to endure forever."

Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    Jonboy inboxed me his pick. With the 6th pick of the 2014 NFL Draft, the Atlanta Falcons select Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M
    The Falcon's couldn't dream up a better situation then having the safest pick in the entire draft, who happens to play the position they need most to be available at their pick. they flirt with trading up for Clowney, but at the end of the day, the three players they have listed after Clowney on their big Board are Greg Robinson, Jake Matthews and Taylor Lewan. The need for an athletic blindside protector to keep Matt Ryan upright couldn't be more obvious. One thing Atlanta has shown us in the past few years, is that similar to Jimmie Johnson in the early 90's... They don't want to take the BPA at their pick, they want to be in the right place to take THE GUY THEY WANT. IN this case however, that happens to be the same thing.

With the 7th pick in the 2014 NFL draft, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select

Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M

Lovie looks to replicate the two towers in Chicago (Alshon and Brandon Marshall) with a guy in Mike Evans who's a carbon copy of Vincent Jackson and/or Brandon Marshall. Whether it's McCown or Glennon, they'll have plenty to work with with a combo of Jackson/Evans.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    The Falcon's couldn't dream up a better situation then having the safest pick in the entire draft, who happens to play the position they need most to be available at their pick. they flirt with trading up for Clowney, but at the end of the day, the three players they have listed after Clowney on their big Board are Greg Robinson, Jake Matthews and Taylor Lewan. The need for an athletic blindside protector to keep Matt Ryan upright couldn't be more obvious. One thing Atlanta has shown us in the past few years, is that similar to Jimmie Johnson in the early 90's... They don't want to take the BPA at their pick, they want to be in the right place to take THE GUY THEY WANT. IN this case however, that happens to be the same thing.
    Don't agree. Khalil Mack falling to them would be a better scenario in my opinion. Given that he didn't in this mock...Matthews is the next best thing.

If im the Vikings im probably highly considering trading down at this point.

I dont feel any of the QBs available are worth a top 10 selection, personally.

I could look at Gilbert and he may be BPA. Munnerlyn was just signed but is undersized. Rhodes is showing promise but theres other DBs i feel I can get later, theres not as many pass rushers. so with that said...

The Minnesota Vikings select, Anthony Barr OLB UCLA

probably a little early for Barr but I think he gives them a good pass rusher regardless what defense theyre going to run this year.
    Last edited by JAB1985; 05-01-2014 at 10:16 AM.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by Money227 View Post
    Don't agree. Khalil Mack falling to them would be a better scenario in my opinion. Given that he didn't in this mock...Matthews is the next best thing.
    The 4 name list I sent to RRR27 included both Mack and Barr as well so I agree to a point, but IMO LT is arguably more important to them and the manner in which they choose to play. their Defense has made quite the transformation already this off season, that should only continue in the draft.

There are really only 3 players Buffalo is looking at here (who could feasibly be available). Mike Evans and Jake Matthews have already been selected.

With the 9th pick in the 2014 NFL draft, the Buffalo Bills select:

Taylor Lewan, OT, Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by Money227 View Post
    There are really only 3 players Buffalo is looking at here (who could feasibly be available). Mike Evans and Jake Matthews have already been selected.

With the 9th pick in the 2014 NFL draft, the Buffalo Bills select:

Taylor Lewan, OT, Michigan
    Ebron is constantly mocked there but I agree completely, Lewan is a whole order of magnitude better player then Ebronics...

Ebron is constantly mocked there but I agree completely, Lewan is a whole order of magnitude better player then Ebronics...
    Yeah...I probably should have said 4 players. I'm seeing Ebron less and less though. It's usually either Matthews (if he falls) or Lewan. Evans used to be popular for them, but now almost everyone has him going to TB.

Blog Entries

Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com

Lewan>Ebron but i think the bills could go the other way on draft day. They value players a certain way and arent afraid to draft them early if they feel like it.
    -JAB