Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 25 to 36 of 135
  1. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    12,278
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Who might we pick in round 2 (and round 3)?



    Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    I honestly thought the Ravens would jump on Louis Nix in the first. I thought it even more once Martin went off the board.

    Surely between us and Pitt I thought one would do it. Unless they hate his knee trouble, they'd have to run to the board to get him. So maybe the knee is worse than advertised?
    The Steelers draft the same way the Ravens do. I have to believe that the MLBs these teams took were higher on their boards than Nix was. We know that Mosley was #10 on the Ravens board. Shazier was probably a top 10 player for the Steelers. Getting a top 10 player is going to trump need for the Ravens and Steelers.
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  2. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Wilmington, North Carolina
    Posts
    2,323
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Who might we pick in round 2 (and round 3)?

    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I think we go OL in round 2 and hopefully somebody at WR falls to round 3 but i think thats doubtful as theyre some of the best talent available.

    I had a dream last night that dri archer was wearing a Ravens hat. Not sure why. Some project that he could be a slot wr rather than RB, so maybe theres some value there later in the draft.
    Never know what Kubiak might be up to, so that'd be interesting. And I don't want to start a "hate on Flacco" thing because I love the guy, but his tendency to throw high might not mesh well with a short receiver. Rice gets overthrown a lot and often has to go up one handed to reel in short passes. I don't know that's something Kubiak's going to want to develop a lot, but we'll see. It'd be cool if we could make use of the Harvin/Austin/Archer types, but it's hard to envision moving to that from what's been run in the past.
    No one likes us, and we don't care.




  3. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    1,210

    Re: Who might we pick in round 2 (and round 3)?

    A few round 2 mock drafts are out....before I get to them let me say this-in every pick here my first reaction is, "No way that player lasts until the Ravens pick." But then you look at the players taken earlier in the round and you have to conclude the picks are fairly plausible. This is one deep draft. The other thing to note is that only one mocker remembers how thin the Ravens' secondary is.

    Walter football has the Ravens taking Jordan Matthews. He3's been on the Ravens to take a big WR the whole offseason. ASJ is the next pick.

    Walter's friend Charlie Campbell has us taking Cody Latimer. The next two picks are Landry and S'ua Filo.

    Alpha Football has us with Demarcus Lawrence. ASJ again is the next pick. Gabe Jackson is the pick after that.

    Fanspeak has two drafts out:
    - Willy says round 2 the Ravens pick Jordan Matthews. Willy's round three sees the Ravens taking CB Jaylen Watkins then OT Billy Turner. Plausible, though I see Turner being picked earlier.

    - Fanspeak Steve sees the Ravens picking Marquise Lee in round 2. Wow.

    Dane Brugler at CBS has a round 2 mock out. Ravens take Xavier Su'a-Filo. I can give a knee jerk response in saying that the guard will be picked before the Ravens are on the clock but just looking at the players picked before in this mock...damn this is a deep draft. Which I already said.




  4. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Wilmington, North Carolina
    Posts
    2,323
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Who might we pick in round 2 (and round 3)?

    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The Steelers draft the same way the Ravens do. I have to believe that the MLBs these teams took were higher on their boards than Nix was. We know that Mosley was #10 on the Ravens board. Shazier was probably a top 10 player for the Steelers. Getting a top 10 player is going to trump need for the Ravens and Steelers.
    That's true, and the Steelers definitely need a 3-4 NT so there's no question they rated Shazier over Nix. It'll be interesting to see where he ends up, because he has all the upside you want at the position, but the combo of weight gain and knee trouble is an ugly combo, and I am curious to see where he falls. If he gets past Pitt somehow in the 2nd I'd say it's a major red flag.

    My one "oddball draft scenario" was the Ravens trading up to get Nix ahead of the Steelers in Round one. Shows what I know!
    No one likes us, and we don't care.




  5. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Middle River
    Posts
    2,894
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Who might we pick in round 2 (and round 3)?

    Dan Kadar has USC Center Marcus Martin listed at 72? and he was sitting in the green room all night? something doesn't ring right here....
    Heinz Field Ketchup official ketchup of the Ravens?




  6. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    San Dimas, CA
    Posts
    5,357

    Re: Who might we pick in round 2 (and round 3)?

    A lot of posters are going to be disappointed when the Ravens don't take a WR until #134 or #138 and it's Mike Davis out of Texas. I have no basis for this opinion other than two things: DeCosta has stated the there are draftable WRs in every round, and the Ravens met with him privately from my understanding.




  7. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    13,689
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Who might we pick in round 2 (and round 3)?

    Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    A few round 2 mock drafts are out....before I get to them let me say this-in every pick here my first reaction is, "No way that player lasts until the Ravens pick." But then you look at the players taken earlier in the round and you have to conclude the picks are fairly plausible. This is one deep draft. The other thing to note is that only one mocker remembers how thin the Ravens' secondary is.

    Walter football has the Ravens taking Jordan Matthews. He3's been on the Ravens to take a big WR the whole offseason. ASJ is the next pick.

    Walter's friend Charlie Campbell has us taking Cody Latimer. The next two picks are Landry and S'ua Filo.

    Alpha Football has us with Demarcus Lawrence. ASJ again is the next pick. Gabe Jackson is the pick after that.

    Fanspeak has two drafts out:
    - Willy says round 2 the Ravens pick Jordan Matthews. Willy's round three sees the Ravens taking CB Jaylen Watkins then OT Billy Turner. Plausible, though I see Turner being picked earlier.

    - Fanspeak Steve sees the Ravens picking Marquise Lee in round 2. Wow.

    Dane Brugler at CBS has a round 2 mock out. Ravens take Xavier Su'a-Filo. I can give a knee jerk response in saying that the guard will be picked before the Ravens are on the clock but just looking at the players picked before in this mock...damn this is a deep draft. Which I already said.
    Thanks for posting those mocks. Seems like most feel the Ravens will take a WR in the 2nd. I wouldn't be surprised.

    Overall, I still expect them to draft OL, WR, DB, RB, TE (probably need in that order) if the right guy is available when they pick
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




  8. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Kent Island
    Posts
    974

    Re: Who might we pick in round 2 (and round 3)?

    Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    offense.

    But hey knowing Ozzie we will draft DT/DE with pick 48. Because....defense.
    They've got big needs at DE, but looking at what's left they could be looking at a really good deal on an offensive lineman.




  9. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Westminster - Raventown, MD!
    Posts
    12,951
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Who might we pick in round 2 (and round 3)?

    Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    A lot of posters are going to be disappointed when the Ravens don't take a WR until #134 or #138 and it's Mike Davis out of Texas. I have no basis for this opinion other than two things: DeCosta has stated the there are draftable WRs in every round, and the Ravens met with him privately from my understanding.
    I'm actually starting to buy into this plan. Given the WR depth and that Steve Smith placates the need slightly...

    We need FS HUGE
    We need RT HUGE
    We need CB pretty big
    We need RB pretty big
    We need DL pretty big
    We need WR big

    5 positions I could see us looking to address before WR. But then again, ILB was probably sandwiched between RB and DL for me, but Mosley's talent caused FO to fall in love with him
    .
    .
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.


    Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!




  10. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    San Dimas, CA
    Posts
    5,357

    Re: Who might we pick in round 2 (and round 3)?

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    The Ravens as GOTA said, will go BPA regardless of whether or not it's a RT or a safety. IF Jeremy Hill or Louis Nix are available, they're probably taking one of them. Personally I'm hoping for Antonio Richardson.
    This board will implode if the Ravens take a RB with the 48th pick. Posters will be tearing their garments and covering themselves in sackcloth and ashes, crying out, "Oh, why didn't we take an OL or WR? Why?" So much weeping and gnashing of teeth. It will be epic.




  11. #35

    Re: Who might we pick in round 2 (and round 3)?

    Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    This board will implode if the Ravens take a RB with the 48th pick. Posters will be tearing their garments and covering themselves in sackcloth and ashes, crying out, "Oh, why didn't we take an OL or WR? Why?" So much weeping and gnashing of teeth. It will be epic.
    3rd ILB followed by a 3rd RB, yeah I wouldnt be ecstatic about that.

    I think Hill is the best RB in this draft, but i wouldnt take him at 48.
    -JAB




  12. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Cockeysville, MD
    Posts
    3,225

    Re: Who might we pick in round 2 (and round 3)?

    Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    This board will implode if the Ravens take a RB with the 48th pick. Posters will be tearing their garments and covering themselves in sackcloth and ashes, crying out, "Oh, why didn't we take an OL or WR? Why?" So much weeping and gnashing of teeth. It will be epic.
    Lol. Post of the day.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland