Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Re: Who might we pick in round 2 (and round 3)?

Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Jack Mewhart, OT, OSU
    Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    I think he might turn out to be a lot better than where people rank him. He could be a sleeper in this draft and end up outplaying guys picked ahead of him. Just a hunch.
    Agreed. Mewhort and also Hurst are sort of flying under the radar.

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    Dan Kadar has USC Center Marcus Martin listed at 72? and he was sitting in the green room all night? something doesn't ring right here....

I think there are at least a half a dozen players still in the green room. I have no idea why someone like Martin would go to NYC other then they don't mind sitting around an extra day. I would hate it if the NFL suits told him he might get taken in round 1 as no one had him mocked there.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    I actually like Mike Davis quite a bit and no, I wouldn't be surprised or disappointed by this. He would be a good value pick if available at those spots.

The luxury selection of Mosley in the 1st makes the actual needs at OL and FS far more glaring. The Ravens can't really afford to get out of the draft without adding a free safety and offensive lineman who can each compete to start from day 1. They need a WR as well, but it wouldn't be unreasonable to wait on that if the board works out that way.
    It will be quite easy to add one or two OL. Safeties are another matter....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    I think there are at least a half a dozen players still in the green room. I have no idea why someone like Martin would go to NYC other then they don't mind sitting around an extra day. I would hate it if the NFL suits told him he might get taken in round 1 as no one had him mocked there.
    Yep, but what you just said now has me starting to think "Was it deliberate?"

Did the NFL so much enjoy the hype/drama of being able to milk the emotion for all it is worth ($$$$$) that they are guaranteeing people will sit there for day two like Jim Carrey's The Truman Show. I wouldn't put it past the National Financial League to profit over peoples emotional duress.

Last year we were "treated" to Geno Smith, and Matt Barkley (a "sure" first rounder) I don't remember it Te'o was there
    I remember Quinn dropping
    Maybe the seeds were started with Aaron Rogers in 2005 (wasn't it only 6 people back then?)
    Now the NFL paraded out so many people that you knew the green room would not be empty after day 1
    Who knows maybe they are secretly homing to show somebody's stupidity/embarassment then they are left in the green room after day 2.

This is smelling like made-for-TV soap opera
    Heinz Field Ketchup official ketchup of the Ravens?

A defensive player has been BPA for our first pick 5 years in a row? Hmm....

FWIW.........

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet · 15m
    The expectation from the #Texans is that someone will want to move up to 33, but not to take a QB. The thought is a run on D-linemen.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    FWIW.........

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet · 15m
    The expectation from the #Texans is that someone will want to move up to 33, but not to take a QB. The thought is a run on D-linemen.
    that makes a lot of sense there are a couple of big bodies still there IIRC Nix, Hageman, Tuitt, Easley, Jernigan
    Heinz Field Ketchup official ketchup of the Ravens?

I'm hoping for one of these with our 2nd pick: Mathews, Hyde, Moses, Mewhort, Adams, Latimer, ASJ

Players I would love:

Joel Bitonio
    Bruce Ellington
    Pierre Desir
    Bishop Sankey

In the next round the players for whom I love the value are

Louis Nix, Stephon Tuitt
    Cyrus Kuandijo, Morgan Moses

But honestly, just reach and grab whatever safety fits best... Probably Brooks... who cares about value... this is why I hate BPA. Our backs are literally against the wall. Just grab the GIGANTIC ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM NEED, and move on with life and look to value later.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    In the next round the players for whom I love the value are

Louis Nix, Stephon Tuitt
    Cyrus Kuandijo, Morgan Moses

But honestly, just reach and grab whatever safety fits best... Probably Brooks... who cares about value... this is why I hate BPA. Our backs are literally against the wall. Just grab the GIGANTIC ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM NEED, and move on with life and look to value later.
    You are really big on this. I just don't see it. We have to replace James Ihedigbo. I just don't see that as an overwhelming task. I certainly don't want them to pass up some really good football players in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    we HAVE to address DB in the 2nd or 3rd round in some fashion. Big needs at both FS and CB, one of our Day 2 picks needs to be those spots.

I have my eyes on Keith McGill (could be another CB/S hybrid), Lamarcus Joyner (CB/S), Dion Bailey, Ed Reynolds, Terrence Brooks, Phillip Gaines, Walt Aikens.

Brock Vereen is a guy who we might take on Day 3. Has a high ceiling, good leadership, but will need seasoning before starting.

One name that I just realized never got called in the 1st...Cody Latimer! As much as there was a WR run in the 1st, still a lot of good prospects up and down. I still think we wait on WR for a bit to address RT, FS, CB, maybe RB, TE, DL
    I agree, the Raven will need to address DB, but if Cody Latimer is BPA when the Ravens are on the board, I would love to see them pick him up.