Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 49 to 58 of 58

Thread: POS McKinnie

  1. #49

    Re: POS McKinnie



    Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Money, I'm in your camp. BTW, Monroe was signed to a reasonable contract IMO... Bc
    Absolutely! I was willing to throw $10mil / yr. of Biscuit's money at Monroe




  2. #50
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Eastern Shore
    Posts
    2,138

    Re: POS McKinnie

    Quote Originally Posted by Money227 View Post
    The Ravens committed to having McKinnie be their LT for the whole season. He completely let the team down. You don't give the guy credit because after 15 games he was ready to actually do his job. Here's my credit to McKinnie...he wasn't a fat, lazy SOB for the entire season, just the majority of it.

    I prefer to give the actual credit to guys like KO and Oher who were there for this team and gave their all playing out of position for most of the season. Yes, the line play was subpar during the season. I just won't blame the guys who were out there doing the best they could in a rotten situation. I'll blame the guy who should have been out there, but wasn't.
    I completely get your disdain for McKinney. I was just as pissed as anyone when he could not get on the field during the regular season. However, you cannot say with a straight face, that he did not play well during the PO and SB run. Certainly better than Oher. For that much he gets credit.

    And yes, we were all spoiled with JO, but players like him don't come along that often.
    "Screw it, let's ride"!




  3. #51
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,435
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: POS McKinnie

    Quote Originally Posted by DrUnk View Post
    Glad we got rid of this asshole. His car was repossessed. What a turd.

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...yant-mckinnie/
    I can't agree with this. How Bryant McKinnie spends his money is his business.

    With or without McKinnie the Ravens were a flawed team in 2013. In 2012, McKinnie was one of the reasons the Ravens won. I'm thankful for that.




  4. #52

    Re: POS McKinnie

    Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    I completely get your disdain for McKinney. I was just as pissed as anyone when he could not get on the field during the regular season. However, you cannot say with a straight face, that he did not play well during the PO and SB run. Certainly better than Oher. For that much he gets credit.

    And yes, we were all spoiled with JO, but players like him don't come along that often.
    He definitely seemed fresh after his 15-game respite. As was pointed out earlier in the thread...Osemele's play at LG was a much bigger reason for the improved play of the OL. You can bash Oher for his play at LT (and I totally get that), but you also have to take into account that Oher didn't have the luxury of Osemele lining up next to him. Instead, he played next to a rotation of misfits. Also...Oher played just as well at RT as McKinnie did at LT during the playoff run. People also seem to forget that McKinnie was used and abused the entire 2nd half of the Super Bowl.




  5. #53
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Eastern Shore
    Posts
    2,138

    Re: POS McKinnie

    Quote Originally Posted by Money227 View Post
    He definitely seemed fresh after his 15-game respite. As was pointed out earlier in the thread...Osemele's play at LG was a much bigger reason for the improved play of the OL. You can bash Oher for his play at LT (and I totally get that), but you also have to take into account that Oher didn't have the luxury of Osemele lining up next to him. Instead, he played next to a rotation of misfits. Also...Oher played just as well at RT as McKinnie did at LT during the playoff run. People also to forget that McKinnie was used and abused the entire 2nd half of the Super Bowl.
    I'm not sure what your argument is here. It is well known that our best O line in the past few years was McKinney (LT), KO (LG), Birk (C), Yanda (RG), and Oher (RT). There's no debate about that. That was the O line that we took into the 2012 playoffs, and they performed very well. Is McKinney a turd? Yes, but he was part of the best O line we've put on the field over the past few years. Albeit for only 4 games.
    "Screw it, let's ride"!




  6. #54

    Re: POS McKinnie

    When McKinnie played to his talent level he was a good player. But his addiction to chicken, beer, and blowing racks at girls who were busy shaming their family names was/is his weakness.




  7. #55

    Re: POS McKinnie

    Mckinnie just like's to spend his money on some white trash stripper Ho's, no big deal. At least he doesn't punch them out in a elevator.




  8. #56

    Re: POS McKinnie

    I think that this is why there is such a big wealth gap in this country, has always been throughout human civilization, and will be as long as the government doesn't turn us all into peasants living in a third world country. Some people and some cultures can't hang out for a dollar long than a few days. You give them everything and they'll waste on and self-destruct. You give people who were born into the money some more and they save it, and try to make even more with it. Then later when the first person is broke, and the second person is living comfortably, the 99%ers complain about how the responsible guy is destroying the country.




  9. #57

    Re: POS McKinnie

    Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    I'm not sure what your argument is here. It is well known that our best O line in the past few years was McKinney (LT), KO (LG), Birk (C), Yanda (RG), and Oher (RT). There's no debate about that. That was the O line that we took into the 2012 playoffs, and they performed very well. Is McKinney a turd? Yes, but he was part of the best O line we've put on the field over the past few years. Albeit for only 4 games.
    My "argument" is that I don't ever see any threads / posts giving credit to any of the other members of the OL for the Ravens' Super Bowl run. You do see them with McKinnie like he was some sort of hero that came to the rescue riding a ginormous horse. It's like people completely forget that he really put the team in a bad position and actually almost cost them making the playoffs to begin with.




  10. #58

    Re: POS McKinnie

    Quote Originally Posted by Money227 View Post
    My "argument" is that I don't ever see any threads / posts giving credit to any of the other members of the OL for the Ravens' Super Bowl run. You do see them with McKinnie like he was some sort of hero that came to the rescue riding a ginormous horse. It's like people completely forget that he really put the team in a bad position and actually almost cost them making the playoffs to begin with.
    you only see them with McKinnie because people start threads calling him a "fat pos" and go on about how he did nothing for us.
    -JAB




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland