Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    25,787
    Blog Entries
    3

    OT - Top 20 "Freaks" In College Football 2014



    http://msn.foxsports.com/college-foo...eseason-070714

    Pretty good read.


    After reading that, I could definitely see Bryce Petty garnering serious interest as the #1 overall player taken next year. If those numbers are true, that's sick for a 240lb QB.

    In addition, I'm not a big proponent of taking a RB in round 1, but if Rice and Pierce falter again this year, Todd Gurley would be really hard to pass up.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  2. #2

    Re: OT - Top 20 "Freaks" In College Football 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

    In addition, I'm not a big proponent of taking a RB in round 1, but if Rice and Pierce falter again this year, Todd Gurley would be really hard to pass up.
    That's a possibility, but I think that the Ravens would lean toward a freak pass-rusher before drafting RB.




  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    San Dimas, CA
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: OT - Top 20 "Freaks" In College Football 2014

    There are only 20 guys on that list. The Ravens will be picking 12 spots later.




  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    25,787
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: OT - Top 20 "Freaks" In College Football 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    There are only 20 guys on that list. The Ravens will be picking 12 spots later.
    Haha.

    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Middle River
    Posts
    2,939
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: OT - Top 20 "Freaks" In College Football 2014

    Happy Happy Joy Joy we can draft a McKinney

    1
    1. Benardrick McKinney, LB, Mississippi State Bulldogs
    A former high school QB, McKinney has morphed into a star SEC linebacker, piling up 173 tackles the past two seasons.
    Now measuring in at an imposing 6-5, 250, he still has the wheels to go sideline to sideline, clocking a 4.5 40. McKinney's vertical jump also is 34 inches.
    Heinz Field Ketchup official ketchup of the Ravens?




  6. #6

    Re: OT - Top 20 "Freaks" In College Football 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    http://msn.foxsports.com/college-foo...eseason-070714

    Pretty good read.


    After reading that, I could definitely see Bryce Petty garnering serious interest as the #1 overall player taken next year. If those numbers are true, that's sick for a 240lb QB.

    In addition, I'm not a big proponent of taking a RB in round 1, but if Rice and Pierce falter again this year, Todd Gurley would be really hard to pass up.
    We will have to revisit this in about 10 months, but I don't thing it will be a matter of passing on Gurley, but more like trading up to get him. If he goes injury free this season, he's gonna have a monster year. He's going to be the top back taken next year and will be a top ten pick, mark my words.




  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    25,787
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: OT - Top 20 "Freaks" In College Football 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Tottenham Raven View Post
    We will have to revisit this in about 10 months, but I don't thing it will be a matter of passing on Gurley, but more like trading up to get him. If he goes injury free this season, he's gonna have a monster year. He's going to be the top back taken next year and will be a top ten pick, mark my words.
    His running style is very similar (IMO) to Willis McGahee. Same body type. Same fluidness and short area burst.

    I could totally see Gurley being a top-20 pick.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    25,787
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: OT - Top 20 "Freaks" In College Football 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    Happy Happy Joy Joy we can draft a McKinney

    1
    He's a heck of a player too. I watched them play Ole'Miss last year and he was just everywhere. He could be an excellent SAM linebacker in a 3-4, but I also think he moves well enough to be a MIKE.

    Ravens don't need a MIKE assuming that will be Mosley and Brown will be the WILL in the future, but man...McKinney might be hard to pass up in the 2nd or 3rd rounds.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  9. #9

    Re: OT - Top 20 "Freaks" In College Football 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    His running style is very similar (IMO) to Willis McGahee. Same body type. Same fluidness and short area burst.

    I could totally see Gurley being a top-20 pick.
    I like the comparison. His backup Keith Marshall is no slouch either. He would easily be a top back in half the SEC teams IMO. Kinda reminds me of the tandum Auburn had with Cadillac Williams and Ronnie Brown. Might we see two 1st round running backs come out of Georgia next year?




  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    25,787
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: OT - Top 20 "Freaks" In College Football 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Tottenham Raven View Post
    I like the comparison. His backup Keith Marshall is no slouch either. He would easily be a top back in half the SEC teams IMO. Kinda reminds me of the tandum Auburn had with Cadillac Williams and Ronnie Brown. Might we see two 1st round running backs come out of Georgia next year?
    Interesting thought! Gurley is going to get most of the carries though.

    Speaking of Cadillac Williams and Ronnie Brown, I definitely didn't think Brown would have the better career of the two. Shame Williams got hurt like he did and never recovered. He looked like an absolute stud before getting hurt.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland