Fun With The Denver Post

Someone emailed this to me and I thought you all might have a little fun with this:

You know Denver is pulling for their home team... Unfortunately for the Bronco's there's no protection outside our house.

Spread the word. Shake up the Bronco fans.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos
    Follow me on Twitter @ russellstreport

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

Re: Fun With The Denver Post

The message board is quite lively,

kicking off with Broncolingus

Time to get this going...

I don't like this game already for a number of reasons, the biggest of which is that Denver generally seems to have problems with teams that have big, physical, powerful, ‘bull-ish’ (not Bull$hit) offensive & defensive lines.

The Ravens always seem to be ‘up’ for playing the Bronc’s. While I wouldn’t necessarily say the Ravens have Denver’s number, they certainly seem to have the upper hand recently…thank God they’re playing at the diaphragm.

However, the Ravens, after that (somewhat) lucky win against the Chargers (I know, with Marty Schottenheimer as coach, no win is ever safe) seem somewhat ‘ripe’ to be beat, plus I'm not sold they're as good as everyone makes them out to be anyway.

If they beat the Bronc's in a well played game (got that Jakey), well....then I'll still say f@ck-em. Like a lot of people, I just friggin hate that team for some reason - and it goes beyond Ray Lewis (although he's enough).

This is one of the few times I’ll throw objectivity out the window, and while I think Denver is going to win the game, I won’t be satisfied with that. I want Denver to friggin destroy the Ravens, esp. since the game is on national TV.

Embarrass, hurt, beat them bad – plus there would be a nice little ancillary benefit in sending that (now) age-old message to the East/West coast idiots who think the world revolves around them that there's more than just farms and minor league teams between LA and New York - a point that so many people still can't seem to grasp.

The key to this game is simple and everyone knows it – the winner will control the line of scrimmage thus O-line and D-line play are the key.

Are we doing scores on this thread?

I also sincerely hope some Raven's fans come here and start talking smack - I'd be surprised if they didn't. That team and the idiots on it are the poster-children for that kind of $hit.

and replying jdwilde1,
    Here is some Baltimore smack for you're angry a$$.

First, I am surprised that you have had enough time away from milking the cows and plowing the fields to learn how to read and write. Congratulations!

Second, by now you should realize that the Bronco's offensive scheme doesn't work against teams like the Ravens. The linebackers are too quick for the Broncos to run to the outside, and the defensive line is too big and athletic to try and play smashmouth.

Finally, you've got to admit that Brian Billick just has "Leatherface" Shannahan's number. Dude needs to spend less time w/ his melon under the tanning lamp and more time preparing his team. That way he wouldn't have teams returing missed field-goals for 108 yard touchdowns.

P.S. Do you remember when Jamal Lewis ran over Al Wilson in the play-offs? Sure you do, Jamal's foot print is imprinted right b/w the 5 and the 6.

Good luck and relax. The Nuggets season is right around the corner!

Interesting.
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

Here is a funny quote from one of the articles there:

These days, McNair isn't going to pound a team into submission as much as gum it to death.
    http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_4438646
    Section 106 from start to finish!

That is hilarious, Hurting.. That does about describe it though.

I have a hard time being scared of the Broncos when their QB is Jake Plummer, and their RB's are Mike Bell, Tatum Bell, and Cedric Cobbs.
    Last edited by esmd; 10-07-2006 at 11:02 AM.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    I have a hard time being scared of the Broncos when they're QB is Jake Plummer, and their RB's are Mike Bell, Tatum Bell, and Cedric Cobbs.

Prepare to be happy, I think Cedric Cobbs is injured.