Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 25 to 36 of 44
  1. #25

    Re: What did we pay for again?



    No, I think what has "bugged" you most is Billick and Ozzie got McNair instead of upgrading the OL, which confirmed you were totally wrong about the OL being the main problem. The Raven's main problem as I and other had tried to point out to you repeatedly on the other site was the QB. Ozzie and even Billick finally was smart enough to realize it. McNair has shown this to be the case beyond dispute and you cannot bear it. Admit it, that is what has bugged you, the obvious fact you were wrong. Even now you can't bear to admit it can you?
    This argument is about to get slapped down. Hard.

    So McNair is the only reason we've given up fewer sacks per attempt?

    Let's see here.
    This year under Fassell McNair was getting sacked every 16.5 attempts (10 sacks, 165 attempts).
    Boller got sacked twice in 31 attempts, or every 15.5 attempts.

    Now under Billick, McNair has been sacked every 56.5 attempts (4 sacks, 227 attempts)
    Boller has been sacked once in 24 attempts.

    So under Fassell McNair got sacked every 16 times he dropped back while Boller got sacked every 15 times. Man alive that McNair made our offensive line look great didn't he.

    Change in the OC and we see a much improved line for both QBs. I realize Tex can't watch the games (and that is still very funny to me) but that sack on Boller Sunday really shouldn't count as a sack against the offensive line.

    Now Tex, I don't want you to read this and think, "Well Darb's reading my post, so I'll have someone to talk to." The only reason we're having a conversation now is happening is because T quoted you. After this it's back to the ignore list for you.
    This is a novel I was asked to proofread. The author is giving 10% of the profits to kidney research, which is a big deal in the Darb household. Fair warning; it's a fantasy novel, and the main characters are lesbians. It's three bucks on kindle from Amazon.http://www.amazon.com/WINDOWS-BROKEN...ken+fairy+tale




  2. #26

    Re: What did we pay for again?

    The reason people put me on ignore is they simply can't handle the truth.


    I can think of plenty of reasons why people ignore you, but that sure isn't one of them.




  3. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    In your head
    Posts
    444

    Re: What did we pay for again?

    Good Lord, I come back from Xmas vacation and see this guy has bumped my thread from OCTOBER? In all seriousness Tex, you have a real problem. Please seek counseling immediately.




  4. #28

    Re: What did we pay for again?

    I can think of plenty of reasons why people ignore you, but that sure isn't one of them.
    The dude had to cry to a mod to get him off mass ignore because no one wanted to talk to him. So pretty much anything you say to him is going to go in one ear and out the other.

    And in between that he'll keep on the same old tired broken record of crap he's probably spewing in every post I don't have to read anymore.




  5. #29

    Re: What did we pay for again?

    Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    The dude had to cry to a mod to get him off mass ignore because no one wanted to talk to him. So pretty much anything you say to him is going to go in one ear and out the other.

    And in between that he'll keep on the same old tired broken record of crap he's probably spewing in every post I don't have to read anymore.
    Not that it matters, but Tex isn't the only poster here who has "cried" to the mods. You ...people... should lighten up.





  6. #30

    Re: What did we pay for again?

    Mobby mobby mobby. No one else here has picked up the phone and called the mods have they?

    If you're seriously going to defend that, you will lose any respect I have for you.




  7. #31

    Re: What did we pay for again?

    Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Mobby mobby mobby. No one else here has picked up the phone and called the mods have they?

    If you're seriously going to defend that, you will lose any respect I have for you.
    Method of communication makes little difference to me. The point of my post is that Tex is not the only person to have moaned to the Mods and that implying that he has done something "beneath" the rest of the posters here is at least a little disingeuous.




  8. #32

    Re: What did we pay for again?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tex Ritter View Post
    I only used the phone because no Mod could see my emails to respond to me!!!! Geesh, wouldn't any of you have done the same? It appeared to be some sort of technical glitch and if they can't read my emails how in the hell else would I reach them to get it corrected?:

    Thanks Mob, but don't get yourself in trouble over this. Its not worth it.

    They DO have a point, you are a broken record when it comes to Boller.




  9. #33

    Re: What did we pay for again?

    Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    I have NEVER called for Brian Billick's head before. But I am starting to really believe it's time for a system change. We're now at what, 9 quarterbacks? We've been through new OC's, new receivers, new QB's, new line coaches. The offense has not played as advertised. And I truely believe in the process of these last 7 years Billick may have ruined 2 potentially good QB's in Boller AND Redman. And McNair is here getting run all over the field and pressured so hard he's making Boller-type mistakes. We've beaten up and for all intents and purposes likely run Boller out of town when all is said and done on the promise that McNair changes the dynamic of the offense. And all of a sudden an 11 year, co-MVP, SUPER BOWL QB is putting up a 67 rating and can't even finish off drives in the endzone?
    Wow. This was written back in October. How prophetic it looks now.

    GO RAVENS!!!




  10. #34

    Re: What did we pay for again?

    Quote Originally Posted by skaybaltimore View Post
    Wow. This was written back in October. How prophetic it looks now.

    GO RAVENS!!!

    Let's see. Billick took over the playcalling in New Orleans on October 29.

    Nice try though.

    PP




  11. #35

    Re: What did we pay for again?

    Wow. This was written back in October. How prophetic it looks now.
    What's your point? Or is it simply the same point you make in every single post?




  12. #36
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Denver, Colorado (via Gaithersburg, MD)
    Posts
    588
    Blog Entries
    1

    Talking Re: What did we pay for again?

    Quote Originally Posted by FHRaven View Post
    Last year:

    Boller @ DEN, 10 points scored, 1 TDs, 2 INTs, rating of 65.2.

    This year:

    McNair @ DEN, 3 pts scored, 0 TDs, 3 INTs, rating of 34.6.

    And this tidbit from the Scum Paper:

    "In fact, it's worth noting that both Kyle Boller and Anthony Wright had better passer ratings last season than McNair has now."

    How long until the "he needs to learn the offense" excuse is no longer valid?

    I thought I saw some improvement against SD but Monday night was clearly a huge step backwards. I'd expect someone of McNair's pedigree to get better each week.

    FHRaven
    Well, seeing as how the team didn't miss the playoffs and the defense didn't quit due to a lack of confidence in their quarterback and offense in general, I'd say the investment is working out pretty damn well so far.

    Sincerely,
    13-4




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland