Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Rolle and CMac Out? Ouch

Quote Originally Posted by Rayvens52 View Post
    I wonder if any of this is to just throw off Pitt, like the Pats do every weekend. Just a thought.
    I don't think Billick is smart enough to do that.
    "I got this." - Justin Tucker

Look Folks let's face it we lose this game we are done for the playoffs. This would be our third division loss and put us two games behind the Steelers.
    Don't know what Rolle's problem but our secondary isn't as great as everyone wants to say it is.

No to mention we don't play well at night away.

The problem will flow to the pass rush, too. The blitzing packages will be severely limited by the fact that the backup cornerback(s) can't be left alone on an island, so safeties who might have been used to rush the passer or cover for LB's who are rushing, now must stay back in coverage.

All that said, Pittsburgh is *not* a team that throws a lot normally, and tends not to do well when they *are*. So the game is not actually over, yet.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    All that said, Pittsburgh is *not* a team that throws a lot normally, and tends not to do well when they *are*. So the game is not actually over, yet.
    While they are a run first team, Pitt will take a few shots downfield, especially to Holmes. If we are not getting pressure on Ben, I do expect them to try a bomb or two.

5. Re: Rolle and CMac Out? Ouch

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    The problem will flow to the pass rush, too. The blitzing packages will be severely limited by the fact that the backup cornerback(s) can't be left alone on an island, so safeties who might have been used to rush the passer or cover for LB's who are rushing, now must stay back in coverage.

Lemme tell you something.

I don't care what Pittsburgh does or doesn't normally do.
    If we come struttin' out there without C-mac, Rolle and a limited Trevor Pryce, I expect Pittsburgh to come out bombs away.

It don't take a rocket scientist to figure out that our strength is stopping the run, and weakness is pass coverage.
    Now that our pass defense is even more hampered, I'd consider their coaches bigger idiots then some of ours come off as if they aren't throwing first trying to set up some running abilitys for themselves.

You attack the oppositions weaknesses regardless of what your normal way of doing things are.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

My prayers are with Rolle. Obviously this illness is quite serious. As for Monday's game, I will root for my guys, but without CMAC and Rolle at CB positions, this is going to be a tough stretch.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post

I'm not even going to get into the Heap thing.

Dude seems to get hurt every year, and then can't seem to get on the field until he's 100% healthy (or damn close) which nobody ever is by this time in the season.

Fanatic...I would have never expected this from you. Here are his stats:

Year Games Games Started
    2006 16 16
    2005 16 16
    2004 6 5
    2003 16 16
    2002 16 16
    2001 12 6

Every year? He had the one bad year in 2004 with the high ankle sprain.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    I don't care what Pittsburgh does or doesn't normally do.
    If we come struttin' out there without C-mac, Rolle and a limited Trevor Pryce, I expect Pittsburgh to come out bombs away.
    I agree. I'm not saying they wouldn't have success in the passing game. They probably would. I'm just saying, that's not their strength. I would be much more nervous going up against a team that is already built to shred you through the air - say, Cincinnati - because then it would be their strength against our weakness.

I'm not saying they won't hurt us with the deep ball, I'm just saying, that's not their strength, so there is reason to think there will still be a game to play.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Guess we'll just have to win a shoot-out.

The Ravens offense is good for 45 points two games a year, so maybe this is one of them.

10. Re: Rolle and CMac Out? Ouch

I stand corrected.
    Maybe it's just me, but it seems everytime you turn around, the dude is hurt, or has some type of injury that makes him questionable on the injury report almost every season.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

According to Aaron Wilson, Blillick is saying that BOTH Rolle and McAllister are OUT for this weeks game.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Maybe it's just me, but it seems everytime you turn around, the dude is hurt, . . .
    It's not just you. Hard to believe how much he has played.