Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: AD's play in Pats-Colts game

The man went from 11 sacks last year and will be lucky to get 2 this year currently he sits at 0.5

I was talking to a die hard Pats fan who told me the ILB does not get sacks or gaudy numbers in the Pats' system. The ILB is the 'heart' of the defense or some such nonsense but will not normally be pass rushing or making tackles for loss. Sounds like a complete waste of AD's skills to me, but that's what I was told.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    I was talking to a die hard Pats fan who told me the ILB does not get sacks or gaudy numbers in the Pats' system. The ILB is the 'heart' of the defense or some such nonsense but will not normally be pass rushing or making tackles for loss. Sounds like a complete waste of AD's skills to me, but that's what I was told.
    That's exactly right and he's playing the inside role because Mike Vrabel is several shades of shoddy at the ILB spot, hence in year's past when guys like Ted Johnson have gone down, the Pats run D has suffered because Vrabel simply is not good taking on blocks head on, where as Adalius has been good at it.

It's tremendous waste of Adalius' great, varied skill set in my opinion using him as a clogger inside. But if he is happy to play the foil and let guys like Rosey Colvin and Mike Vrabel pile up the stats on the way to what could be a championship then more power to him. But as a great fan of Adalius', I hope the Pats are able to find someone either through the draft or free agency that can play that clogging role inside and lets Adalius play at his best on the outside again, because it is great to watch such a tremendously talented defender at his best.

Yeah, it's kind of like using a Ferrari to deliver pizza...Such a waste.

UNLEASH THE BEASTS!!!!