Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Does anyone still think we have an elite team?

No, I have to say I haven't felt we were anywhere near elite for a long time. We haven't had an offense - ever - and you can't be elite without putting points on the board. Steve Young and Emmitt Smith made some very salient comments after the game last night that I totally agree with. One being that we have ridden the defense for years and given little thought to developing a consistent offense.
    I have to say I have not only lost patience with Billick but with Ozzie as well. It seems to me he is drafting a lot of clinkers lately, which explains why we have so few backups that can play. Those so called cornerbacks last night were a disgrace. And Yamon Figurs is a waste of a roster spot. I felt all along dragging McNair here was a mistake, but I understand why we did it since our coaching staff has displayed absolutely no ability to develop a young quarterback. Why waste a draft pick on one!
    As embarrasing as their play was last night their constant yapping like a bunch of terriers was even worse.
    I absolutely agree it's time to sit a lot of starters and spend the rest of this season really evaluating what we have to work with for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by AZRAVEN
    Steve Young and Emmitt Smith made some very salient comments after the game last night that I totally agree with.
    If you thought you heard Emmitt Smith make even one salient comment, you must have been very drunk after the game. Not that I blame you, of course.

I agree about the yapping, though -- when you're getting blown out, just shut up and play.

Um, no.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012