Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Troy Smith

Re: Troy Smith

Smith can't do any worse than the insane clown duo that has already been trotted out there this season. McBoller blows. If Troy Smith can't play then this team does not have a quarterback. Hell, Derek Anderson is a RFA. Give up the picks and resign his ass. At least we KNOW he can play.

Blog Entries

Yes, let's throw Troy Smith, who has only logged time in the preseason, out there, to try to "save our season"...I'm sure that won't have exactly the same effect as throwing Kyle out there to start from day 1 of his rookie year, when he wasn't ready.

Derek Anderson would be Grbac here. Cleveland's system works for him, I don't think he'd be able to produce the same way here, especially with Brian "I love my short game" Billick calling the plays.

Quote Originally Posted by tex_fan View Post
    at least don't abuse me by calling me tex, what I meant to say was to start Boller not Troy Smith
    Nice sig.

Sorry but I would rather wait for 2008 draft and pick someone there rather than putting my weight behind someone who lacks the ideal size to play QB, rejected by the other 31 teams and has done nothing in the preseason to convince.

In 2001, Drew Brees lacked the ideal size to play QB, he was rejected by the other 31 teams, and sat behind Doug Flutie.

He turned out alright. Is there any harm at this point in giving Troy Smith a chance? At the very least, if he turns out NOT to be the guy, then at least you won't have any "what ifs". You'll know for sure, and can be comfortable in drafting a QB.

Sorry but I would rather wait for 2008 draft and pick someone there rather than putting my weight behind someone who lacks the ideal size to play QB, rejected by the other 31 teams and has done nothing in the preseason to convince.
    Our Draft pick is looking better and better each week that goes by...maybe we should be thanking McNair for putting us in a good draft spot!

QB?

I'd prefer an offensive line that doesn't suck.

PP

Troy may well be a QB for the future but he's not ready for the NFL yet. Remember throwing Boller out there too soon. I would like to see some limited play so he can grow.

Troy Smith is NOT READY.

I know this is not a revelation but this does not appear to be our year.

Just because it's not our year does NOT mean we start doing stupid things like starting a qb who is barely old enough to shave, nevermind play qb at the NFL level.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.