Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1

    Hey Idiots, Todd Heap Is Not Injury Prone



    I am so sick of hearing everywhere I go that Heap is injury prone. He started all 16 games in 2006, 2005, 2003, and 2002. He has missed games this year, 2004 and his rookie year (Shannon Sharpe was the starter). In the past 6 years he has had two injuries. End of story. He plays football. Football players get hurt. He has played through plenty of injuries. He is tough. He is a team player. You can look for all of the reasons in the world to criticize him but he is as close to a flawless person- morality wise- as there is in the NFL. End of story




  2. #2

    Re: Hey Idiots, Todd Heap Is Not Injury Prone

    Great use of a new thread. Adding nothing to a discussion already occurring, btu throwing in personal attacks.

    Thanks for your contribution.




  3. #3

    Re: Hey Idiots, Todd Heap Is Not Injury Prone

    Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Great use of a new thread. Adding nothing to a discussion already occurring, btu throwing in personal attacks.

    Thanks for your contribution.
    Not to mention the fact that myself and others have pointed out that bringing up the games started stat is misleading to say the least.

    PP




  4. #4

    Re: Hey Idiots, Todd Heap Is Not Injury Prone

    What do you mean by personal attacks?

    And what is misleading about the games started?




  5. #5

    Re: Hey Idiots, Todd Heap Is Not Injury Prone

    Quote Originally Posted by jburns View Post
    What do you mean by personal attacks?

    And what is misleading about the games started?
    1. Look at the title of your thread.

    2. Just because Heap starts a game doesn't mean he finishes it or even plays a half. It's happened twice this year. He tried to play and didn't finish the game. Not due to an injury sustained during the game but due to the lingering hamstring.

    You are using the games started as the crux of your argument and Im telling you that just because Heap is listed as starting a high number of games doesn't show the games where he started by left early due to injury.

    I don't think Heap is soft or a wuss in any way. But Im not gonna stick my head in the sand and ignore stuff either.

    PP




  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Mesa Arizona
    Posts
    537

    Re: Hey Idiots, Todd Heap Is Not Injury Prone

    Just because some people may have an opinion other than yours doesn't make them "idiots". Who knows, you may not be the ultimate authority on the subject... just a thought.




  7. #7

    Re: Hey Idiots, Todd Heap Is Not Injury Prone

    Ha ha, Some of the threads lately are really funny.

    *<sniff> Smells like murder --must be baltimore

    * Hey Idiots heap is not Injury prone.

    I love the reactions to these posts.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray...
    _________________
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--




  8. #8

    Re: Hey Idiots, Todd Heap Is Not Injury Prone

    OK, sorry about the use of "idiots". I am an idiot for using it.

    But because he returned to game action too early twice this year is irrelevant. It is the same injury. If he played for the Patriots, they would rest him until he was near full health. We have been desperate not to mention the loss of Dan Wilcox.

    here is a new thread: Wilcox is injury prone. So is Ivy. Ivy just had a concussion this week. He had a lacerated spleen last year.




  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.
    Posts
    1,539

    Re: Hey Idiots, Todd Heap Is Not Injury Prone

    Quote Originally Posted by crazyraven View Post
    Ha ha, Some of the threads lately are really funny.

    *<sniff> Smells like murder --must be baltimore

    * Hey Idiots heap is not Injury prone.

    I love the reactions to these posts.
    Yep, I have to keep checking I didn't click my Raven Insiders link by mistake.
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.




  10. #10

    Re: Hey Idiots, Todd Heap Is Not Injury Prone

    Quote Originally Posted by jburns View Post
    OK, sorry about the use of "idiots". I am an idiot for using it.

    But because he returned to game action too early twice this year is irrelevant. It is the same injury. If he played for the Patriots, they would rest him until he was near full health. We have been desperate not to mention the loss of Dan Wilcox.

    here is a new thread: Wilcox is injury prone. So is Ivy. Ivy just had a concussion this week. He had a lacerated spleen last year.
    It is absolutely not irrelevant. In fact, it's completely relevant. You used the "games started" stat to back your argument up. Yet those 2 games that he left early will go down as a "game started". Proves my point.

    I know it's the same injury. And it's now becoming chronic.

    Heap not completing games has hurt this team in more than one way. Yes, having him out is a huge loss in and of itself. But when you couple that with the fact that Sypnewski is the only other TE active for those games, it's crippling. That's not Heap's fault. It's the FO's fault IMO. I dunno what the deal is with Wilcox but keeping him on the 53 man roster is tying us up bad. The fact that we've gone into games this year with Sypnewski the only active TE is ridiculous. At some point you've gotta IR Wilcox and get a healthy body in here to fill the void. It looks like Heap won't play again this week and Wilcox is listed as out again. So here we are again. Heading into another game with a blocking TE as our only option at TE.

    PP




  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Panama City Beach FL
    Posts
    1,350

    Re: Hey Idiots, Todd Heap Is Not Injury Prone

    Quote Originally Posted by RavenTD View Post
    Yep, I have to keep checking I didn't click my Raven Insiders link by mistake.
    you got that right!

    Seriously, Todd Heap is a gamer, and if he's hurt, I believe the man is hurt.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland