Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: Boller Report card?

I thought you didn't like hypotheticals Crazy.
    Not the same thing and you know it. Sting and PP were projecting what they thought certain posters would say/write if something else happened that wasnt even part of the topic.

Thats awalts opionion on what would happen, not what PP or Stinger thinks that he would say. Someone else didnt make it up for him
    Last edited by crazyraven; 11-20-2007 at 10:11 PM.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray...
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

Stinger and Mista T,

Arent we all saying the same thing? I agree with Stingers assessment to a T.

I still take exception with settling on 2nd rate performances and bumper-sticker slogans of "Defense Wins Championships". Yes, on occasion like in 2000, you can ride the wave of defense all the way. But lets examine the last 20 Super Bowl champs. What's the one thing they all have in common?

Balance on BOTH sides of the ball!!!!
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    lets examine the last 20 Super Bowl champs. What's the one thing they all have in common?

Balance on BOTH sides of the ball!!!!
    The SB XXXV champs were balanced? IIRC, our QB went 4 for 16 in one of the playoff games.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

I gave Boller a C-. If the defense doesn't score in the first half, we may have been in DEEP dawg shit by the time the second half started and Boller would have had to press more (and you know what happens then!).

this is my first post on this board. Boller got the team into a position to win the game . If we call a running play on 3rd and 1 we run the clock to 3 or 4 seconds kick the field goal game over. Kyle Boller did everything asked of him in that game Sunday. Grading him by quarters or halves is not fair to him he had to play a 60 minute game and put his team in a position to win. Boller is not the reason the Ravens lost on Sunday. Clock management and special team play lost that game

Quote Originally Posted by pat sec 527
    Boller got the team into a position to win the game.
    This is true -- he led the team to four scoring drives late in the game when it looked like we were dead in the water. If the defense holds with only about 30 seconds left in the game (and the special teams doesn't let them start with great field position AGAIN), then we're talking about what a great comeback it was.

We shouldn't overlook how bad the whole offense looked in the first half, Boller included, but the point is, even after that disaster of a half, we had the lead with about 30 seconds left. And after taking the lead, the offense never saw the field again.

BTW, welcome aboard. Nice first post.