McNair the Mentor

I didn't make it to yesterday's game and had to watch it on television, so I couldn't see if McNair was giving any guidance or insite to Boller.

Usually, when watching other teams, the seasoned vet on the sideline is tracking things with a clipboard in his hands, and when the young qb comes to the sideline, the seasoned vet gets with him to review the previous sequences in the hopes of learning and improving.

Whenever CBS showed McNair on the sideline, he appeared to just be standing with his hands in his pocket with a far away look in his eyes. I didn't see any interaction with Boller.

Did anyone that was at the game see any of this, and maybe they just didn't show it on TV?

Thanks.

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarrely inexplicable…

There is another theory which states that this - has - already - happened…

"We don't have a town drunk...we all take turns..."

Re: McNair the Mentor

I'm curious about this as well. It sure seemed that Mac9 was doing nothing but standing there all bitter and disconnected.... but then again, I don't expect the media to make us look decent in character (or anything else for that matter)...
    Keeping the purple flowing way out on the West Coast!

I heard from a friend who was watching the game on TV, that whenever Boller made a mistake, the camera would show McNair smiling and laughing and whenever Boller made a decent play, he looked unhappy. I cannot confirm this as I was at the game and sit too far away from the Ravens bench.

I didn't see McNair doing anything. He was just standing with his hands in his pockets, expressionless for the most part. I didn't see him yuking it up with anyone but then I could have missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenwoman View Post
    I heard from a friend who was watching the game on TV, that whenever Boller made a mistake, the camera would show McNair smiling and laughing and whenever Boller made a decent play, he looked unhappy. I cannot confirm this as I was at the game and sit too far away from the Ravens bench.
    People see whatever they want. I watched it on tv too and that's horseshit.

Publicly McNair has said all the right things in support of Boller and there was *nothing* on tv to suggest anything to the contrary.

Ravenwoman, I know you didn't see it because you weren't watching the tv, but I was, and I didn't see it either.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Festivus, you are probably right; I was just reporting on what this one person said.

I would think and hope that anyone sitting on the bench would give pointers to their teammates. I know I would.

I never saw McNair laughing. He looked distraught when the offense and Boller messed up, but that is expected. He was merely commiserating (sp?) with the team.

If he was laughing, it probably has something to do with off camera shenanigans. When watching it on TV, you never see the full picture. Just who is ever in frame at the time.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

All I saw was Boller with Troy Smith talking to Billick & Rick N. You'd usually see all the QBs huddled around on TOs, etc. That's one think about football, baseball and some others that some of these guys sit on the bench and don't root for their team, make noise, help them out.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

I didn't even see McNair smiling and laughing yesterday. When he wasn't standing around and staring into space, he was sitting on the bench staring into space.

It's like watching a man who has just given up.