Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Re: New members: please introduce yourselves...

Hi everyone, Rob from Fallston checking in. See you'se on Sunday in KC!

Utah Raven

Hi everyone. One of the many things I love about living in Utah is you can pretty much choose any NFL team you want. Because of geographical location there are a lot of Broncos fans here. We have a number of 49ers fans because of Steve Young, a lot of Chargers fans (not sure how but there are a lot here) and sadly, a lot of braindead rodent Steeler fans.

Anyway, in late 2006 I read a book called "Next Man Up: A Year Behind the Lines in Today's NFL" by John Feinstein. Before I read it I had casually followed the Broncos because they're the closest NFL team geographically, the Eagles because they had a lot of local players (Reno Mahe, Chad Lewis, Kevin Curtis), and the Redskins because my brother lived in the DC area for two years.

I loved what I read in the book and that got me interested in the Ravens organization. The more I followed the Ravens the more I liked what I saw. I like how Steve Bisciotti doesn't micromanage and doesn't demand the spotlight like Jerry Jones and some other owners. I like how Ozzie Newsome drafts. I like how the Ravens play blue-collar football and not pretty-boy finesse football like the Rams and Cowboys. I like how the Ravens have a reputation for being a team that is physical and a team that will punch your punk ass in the mouth. I like that there are local players on the roster (Haloti Ngata, Paul Kruger, Dennis Pitta). I like that the mascot is named after the Edgar Allen Poe poem. That, and I've always disliked the Steelers.

So, because of this I've been a Ravens fan since 2007 and a passionate die-hard Ravens fan since 2008.

Hi all, long time lurker here who finally decided to join the fun!

I'm a Ravens fan based in the UK, who picked up the team through (tenuous) family connections to Maryland.

My first Ravens memory would be this, Kyle Boller blowing the doors off GB on Monday Night Football. I remember thinking how great Boller looked - that soon wore off and have been hooked since then.

GO RAVENS!!

hello from Ellicott City!

I've been a fan since 2006, Go Ravens!

by the way if you guys need a banner for the site, I can make you one for free.

oh nevermind haha the banner showed up now

hi all........Ravens fan here living in CT for school..........I'm 27, and a math major. Started really paying attention to football about 2 years ago.........I definitely watched the super bowl in 2001 though. It was great.......but back then I didn't really understand the game so after that I wasn't interested until recently.......

More later, gotta get back to homework.

Smile Re: New members: please introduce yourselves...

Hi all, whats up? RavensfanRob here in Bel Air, and I joined about a month ago with six other Ravens fans who were posting on another site. This site is so cool compared to the other one. You are all welcome to visit the thread called "The Driftwood" in the introductions link where we hang out to discuss Ravens news and the likes. We are from different places around the area, and used to meet at a bar in Glen Burnie called The Driftwood to watch some games, but it closed down last year , hence the thread Driftwood. We all now get together at another bar on certain game days, and a few times through out the year to meet and talk. So please stop by and give us a shout.

GO RAVENS!!!!

8. Re: New members: please introduce yourselves...

Hello Everybody, call me Nate, Lunatic, Raven Lunatic or bonehead, just don't call me late to watch the game on Sunday!

Ravens fan from NY, there are one or 2 of us here. Been a ravens fan for a while, can't wait to interact.

Blog Entries

GOTA

Ravens fan from Connecticut.

NFL fan for a long long time.

The Speaker of Truth

One thing I promise is that I will never post anything that I don't believe in. Forget peer pressure or talk radio or blind fanaticism. I speak the truth that you will some times agree with and other times refuse to believe.

From what I gather, these parts are dreadfully lacking in BLSmokey but rich in football talk and top-notch smilies.

Allow myself to introduce...myself. BLSmokey's the name. And let me make one thing clear right now: I'm not talkin' 'bout pleasure boatin' or day sailin'. I'm talkin' 'bout workin' for a livin'. I'm talkin' 'bout sharkin'!

<runs fingernails down the chalkboard>

Y'all know me. Know how I earn a livin'. I'll catch this bird for you, but it ain't gonna be easy. Bad fish. Not like going down the Sunspot chasin' trolls and asshats. This forum...swallow you whole. Little shakin', little tenderizin', an' down you go. And we gotta do it quick, that'll bring back your posters, put all your threads on a payin' basis.

EDIT: All this Jaws talk..... I would like to formally request a shark smiley.