Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Gary Baxter career in danger?? maybe....

I realize that HD. My point was that now he's not playing at all, AGAIN.

Baxter wasn't going to play Safety, that's what his crying was all about before he left. He was a Corner & wanted Corner money. If we would have kept him as you wished, there would be no Landry back there right now, & I like him more than Baxter at Safety. Baxter was OK when here & was a nice guy. I'll take our secondary without him in it & said the same thing after the 04 season.

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

I respectfully disagree. Baxter would have been a better safety than Landry. And that isn't taking anything away from Landry at this point or saying he's a bad safety. I'm just saying Baxter would have been a more solid option between Reed and McAlister (which is where I'd put him so Reed could help Rolle).

Baxter was ok while he was here because he played Corner. He's not that great 1 on 1, but in a cover situation he would have been just fine inside.

I know Baxter would have been a better Safety than Corner, but he thought he was a better Corner & wanted to get paid as such. I believe there is more upside with Landry & he will eventually be more successful than Baxter would or might have been. He also has played Safety his whole career & knows the position better, plus Reed will teach him & he will listen.

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

He'll be fortunate to able to even walk again, much less play football.

I think we can pretty much stick a fork in G. Baxter after this turn of events...His rehab will take twice as long since both legs are affected.

Hopefully a miracle will happen and he can heal enough to play again and Cleveland releases him.

UNLEASH THE BEASTS!!!!