Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Sean Taylor Shot

Football seems to be so insignificant right now.

R.I.P. Sean
    Lady Raven (aka Slinky)

*the poster formerly known as Raven31

Save The Last Dance (1/6/2013) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzZbWHjyqJY

Mile High Miracle (1/12/2013) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21ugOF34jhA

Quote Originally Posted by Fiesty Ravens Chic View Post
    Sean was NOT on probation, it ended a year ago. He was never convicted of the gun charge.
    Technically, we're both right. His lawyer was just on The Junkies and talked about it.

He reached a plea deal on June 2 of last year. It was similar to Maryland's probation before judgment but it did carry a fine and certain probation terms.

You are correct -- he was legally able to own a firearm.

And this is becoming a very disturbing trend with pro athletes. I seem to remember one or two Ravens players having their homes broken into as well. Does anyone remember that and the players involved?

Very very sad day for the NFL.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiesty Ravens Chic
    Sean was NOT on probation, it ended a year ago. He was never convicted of the gun charge. There for as his lawyer stated BY LAW he was ALLOWED to own a gun by did not because of his personal experiences in the past.
    That's not what I heard this morning, but in any event, I'm not sure it would have mattered in the end. Fiesty is right, someone broke into his home about two weeks ago and apparently took nothing of consequence, but did leave a knife on his bed. The idea that the same people may have returned to rob him again is far-fetched, to say the least. Somebody, for who knows what reason, was out to get him.

Very sad.

Blog Entries

2007 has been a terrible year for the NFL, between Sean Taylor and Darrent Williams in January. I never liked Sean Taylor as a player, because he played for the Redskins and he seemed like a thug, but regardless, this is just horrible. Really sad story, Sean leaves behind a 1 year old son with his girlfriend. I don't care if someone broke in before and "left a warning"...you protect your family, no matter what, and that's what Sean was doing. Scum that did this should be handed over to a full stadium of Redskins fans...what happens after that, who cares.

5. Re: Sean Taylor Shot

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Really sad story, Sean leaves behind a 1 year old son with his girlfriend.
    He left behind a Daughter not a son. She is 18 months old and her name is Jackie.

R.I.P. Sean Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Scum that did this should be handed over to a full stadium of Redskins fans...what happens after that, who cares.
    I wouldn't mind taking a few wacks at the bastard. This touches me a little personally because I lost my father at a young age. Sean's little girl has to grow up without her daddy. No child should ever have to endure/go through that.
    Lady Raven (aka Slinky)

*the poster formerly known as Raven31

Save The Last Dance (1/6/2013) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzZbWHjyqJY

Mile High Miracle (1/12/2013) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21ugOF34jhA

Blog Entries

well, i'd bet most people would like to have a whack at this guy, but I'd bet the Redskins fans would put a little extra into it, seeing how they know Sean best, from being on their team.

Basically, whoever did this is literally human garbage.

RIP Sean Taylor. He was the one Redskin I really enjoyed watching. Very young and super talented. Very sad.

Very sad, as a Miami fan, this has happened to our guys far too much recently.
    ''You'd love to go on the first day but I'm glad for the situation I'm in,'' he said. ''Baltimore knows how to play defense.''

I feel horrible for his family.. Hopefully they catch who did this.. Its a terrible thing to happen but lets be realistic about this..

Before we call him a "great" man lets find out the real story about this shooting first.. Someone doesn't get killed like this for no reason.. This isnt one of those being at the wrong place at the wrong time kind of deals.. The person wanted him dead.. There is a reason for that.. Im sure we will find out later why.. Lets wait for that before we call him a great man..

Quote Originally Posted by crpravens View Post
    I feel horrible for his family.. Hopefully they catch who did this.. Its a terrible thing to happen but lets be realistic about this..

Before we call him a "great" man lets find out the real story about this shooting first.. Someone doesn't get killed like this for no reason.. This isnt one of those being at the wrong place at the wrong time kind of deals.. The person wanted him dead.. There is a reason for that.. Im sure we will find out later why.. Lets wait for that before we call him a great man..
    I agree with you crp. There is a lot here to digest. I can't think of too many things that warrant being shot and killed. For that reason, this is truly tragic for any fan of Taylor, the Redskins, football or life, for that matter.

That being said, the circumstances of this event will need to be scrutinized. The minimal evidence so far points far from this being just a robbery or burglury and maybe when someone is killed that is all really insignificant.

I was following this story all day and felt truly sad about it until I heard Riggins this afternoon talk about Taylor as being a "hero" and that we should all be proud to die in this manner...that is trying to protect our family from "things that go bump in the night".

That comment threw me off and made me think differently about this. If, and this is just that "and if", but if Taylor had shady dealings with someone which lead to this event and which put innocent people in danger (ie. girlfriend and daughter) than that is not a hero but a trend in pro sports (Vick, Jamal, etc.) that needs to be addressed not put on a pedestal and given "hero" status.

I don't know maybe my issue is more with Riggens that Taylor and during times like this it is often difficult to make sense of things.

It is probably important to wait before making any judgements but even in saying that, it is still a tragic and sad story.

Quote Originally Posted by crpravens
    Before we call him a "great" man lets find out the real story about this shooting first.
    I, for one, did not call him a "great man," but I can still mourn his passing. He was only 24 and left behind a one-year-old. The fact that this may have been payback for some supposed issue doesn't make it any better.