Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 37 to 48 of 52
  1. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Southern PA
    Posts
    4,668
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: What do with this team. Draft a QB? Troy Smith? Fire Billick? hmmmm



    If Boller played 14 games a season like the one against the Pats, I'd have no problem with him as our QB. But sadly, he doesn't! He plays somewhere in between the Pats and Colts game which is mediocre.

    That being said, we'll never compete or be considered an elite team with Boller under center....and that includes getting rid of Billick.....




  2. Re: What do with this team. Draft a QB? Troy Smith? Fire Billick? hmmmm

    Fire Billick and the rest will solve itself.




  3. #39
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.
    Posts
    1,539

    Re: What do with this team. Draft a QB? Troy Smith? Fire Billick? hmmmm

    I would settle for a better than average but consistant performance from Boller to keep him as a starter.

    Consistant play as in at home and away,as in dry,cold,or wet conditions.
    As in him seeing the whole field,hitting receivers in stride,feeling the pressure and acting accordingly.As in putting touch on the ball when needed.

    If he could put that together game in and game out.Then I would be waving his flag of honor.But you never know which Boller is going to turn up, Dr Jekyll or Mr Hyde.

    Well at least we don't have to watch the likes of Brock Berlin start in purple.
    Franchise QB's are a dying breed.
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.




  4. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Southern PA
    Posts
    4,668
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: What do with this team. Draft a QB? Troy Smith? Fire Billick? hmmmm

    Quote Originally Posted by BertJonesMyHero View Post
    Fire Billick and the rest will solve itself.
    There is probably a lot of truth in this simple statement.....




  5. #41

    Re: What do with this team. Draft a QB? Troy Smith? Fire Billick? hmmmm

    Quote Originally Posted by BertJonesMyHero View Post
    Fire Billick and the rest will solve itself.
    I somewhat agree, but the problem with firing Billick and installing a new offensive system is your are basically not going to be a competitive team next year with eveyrone learning a new system.


    With the number of aging vets we have, restarting this whole thing will waste them.


    I believe that Billick gets his final year next year, and that he won't be back baring a DEEP playoff run. And I mean to the AFC championship.


    After he fails to do that, then you let him go, let vets like Ray Lewis go to other teams to pursue other dreams, and REALLY start to rebuild




  6. #42
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.
    Posts
    1,539

    Re: What do with this team. Draft a QB? Troy Smith? Fire Billick? hmmmm

    Quote Originally Posted by ClericBlackDave View Post
    I somewhat agree, but the problem with firing Billick and installing a new offensive system is your are basically not going to be a competitive team next year with eveyrone learning a new system.


    With the number of aging vets we have, restarting this whole thing will waste them.


    I believe that Billick gets his final year next year, and that he won't be back baring a DEEP playoff run. And I mean to the AFC championship.


    After he fails to do that, then you let him go, let vets like Ray Lewis go to other teams to pursue other dreams, and REALLY start to rebuild
    That's a very interesting view.But I see that as just spinning wheels in the mud for another year.Why not get into gear and move forward with a new approach,a new message,a new atmosphere.And start the retuning not rebuilding now!
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.




  7. #43
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates
    Posts
    4,120

    Re: What do with this team. Draft a QB? Troy Smith? Fire Billick? hmmmm

    You've seen the pictures of him around town partying it up (have you seen some of the Preakness pics with him?). He is a well-educated pretty boy who is just happy to have the money he has so he can live the lifestyle he leads and if he loses, well let's just say he doesn't take it to heart as much as the ultra-competitive types like Ray, JO or Ed Reed does. He doesn't care because he cares more about the fact that he can continue partying with models than winning football games.
    What a pile of crapola.

    First off, the Preakness is in May, the football season is when? That's what I thought.

    As for McNair, he is a KNOWN partier, he is very well known to be out every night so please just stuff it. His neighbors have verified this.




  8. #44
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    21,281

    Re: What do with this team. Draft a QB? Troy Smith? Fire Billick? hmmmm

    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    What a pile of crapola.

    First off, the Preakness is in May, the football season is when? That's what I thought.

    As for McNair, he is a KNOWN partier, he is very well known to be out every night so please just stuff it. His neighbors have verified this.
    Before I moved, I saw Boller and (insert hotty here) no less than 4 times in Fed Hill, Fells Point and Canton and he was HAMMERED all four times.

    One of the times was at that martini place in Fed Hill off Cross Street (names escapes me right now). He was asked to leave when Tara Reed was so drunk she fell asleep at a table near the front of the door and threw up once she stood up.

    With all that said, who gives a rats ass if Boller likes to party? What does it have to with anything?
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  9. #45

    Re: What do with this team. Draft a QB? Troy Smith? Fire Billick? hmmmm

    Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    First, CBD. I wish you would give Chester more then a single start? Maybe 2 at C to prove that the KNOWN PROJECT of a draftpick was a waste. Maybe that would make sense seeing in how on all levels he has played in MAYBE 30 games as an OLINEMAN.
    LOL.

    This cannot go unnoticed.

    For someone who has so ardently said that Boller is the guy after 40 starts to just toss Chester to the side at this point in his career is hypocrisy at it's finest.



    PP




  10. #46

    Re: What do with this team. Draft a QB? Troy Smith? Fire Billick? hmmmm

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Before I moved, I saw Boller and (insert hotty here) no less than 4 times in Fed Hill, Fells Point and Canton and he was HAMMERED all four times.

    One of the times was at that martini place in Fed Hill off Cross Street (names escapes me right now). He was asked to leave when Tara Reed was so drunk she fell asleep at a table near the front of the door and threw up once she stood up.

    With all that said, who gives a rats ass if Boller likes to party? What does it have to with anything?
    Fed Hill lounge. SHould be a decent spot but isn't. The Crowd sucks like it does elsewhere in Fed Hill. No one was a more notorious partier then Jamal Lewis though... He was EVERYWHERE! Always smoking SOMETHING too, cigars, cigarettes.... I wonder why he huffed and puffed so often on the sidelines after three straight 2 yard runs.




  11. #47
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    21,281

    Re: What do with this team. Draft a QB? Troy Smith? Fire Billick? hmmmm

    Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Fed Hill lounge. SHould be a decent spot but isn't. The Crowd sucks like it does elsewhere in Fed Hill. No one was a more notorious partier then Jamal Lewis though... He was EVERYWHERE! Always smoking SOMETHING too, cigars, cigarettes.... I wonder why he huffed and puffed so often on the sidelines after three straight 2 yard runs.
    Nah, wasnt the lounge. It was tucked away down an alley next to No Way Jose's. I think it caught fire and closed???

    EDIT -- just came to me ... Sky Lounge
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  12. #48
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates
    Posts
    4,120

    Re: What do with this team. Draft a QB? Troy Smith? Fire Billick? hmmmm

    What a target rich environment.

    First off, we need to draft a QB, no doubt. So don't claim I am saying I am happy with Boller.

    Oh, and fire Billick. I'm sick of his "we just have to fix the problems and go back to work" company line.
    What would you prefer him to say? Seriously. Is there something that he could say that you would not be sick of as we wimper along to a 5 win season? In reality there isn't much he can say other than what he does.

    The "real Kyle Boller" is the one you saw last night, not the one against the Patriots. He's had far more games like last night than he has like he had vs. the Pats.
    He was horrid Sunday night, and save some easy yards and stats in the second half he might have a rating of about 30. To say that happens at a rate greater than games when he is at 100 or better is crap.

    The last 2 games were his extremes.

    How many Pro Bowlers do we need on the OLINE before Boller has enough time Dave?
    Well, he has had 1 and this year he hasn't played to near that level. Other than that SINGLE Pro Bowler he has had a lot of stiffs up in front of him until recently.

    We already have McGahee, whom is taking pressure off of Boller, and giving him another option in the passing game.
    I am very happy with McGahee but who got that craptastic offensive game going Sunday? If we are going to rail on Boller right after that horrid exhibition then please don't come here and tell me about McGahee taking pressure off when Sunday he did nothing but increase that pressure. Irsays get a TD and McGahee hands them the ball back in easy scoring position and we are down 14 before Boller's arm is cocked once (exaggeration, I know he had thrown 2 passes already). THAT ISN'T TAKING PRESSURE OFF.

    I'll just stop there. We do need to draft somebody at QB, there is no doubt. We can't go into next season with Boller, Smith and a shot in the dark. But if you think Boller is all by himself in what happened Sunday you are nuts. Yeah, he played like crap, but he was also put in a 14-0 hole and began doing stupid stuff to try and dig us out.

    He has not looked that bad for a long time, I would say back to the Denver game in 2005 when he was coming off injury. Since then he has had some very good games and some quite mediocre ones but Sunday was a 2 year low point. This isn't the norm for him going on recency and spouting off as if it is isn't clear thinking.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland