Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 14
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Southern PA
    Posts
    4,669
    Blog Entries
    2

    What do you guys think of this?



    How about Bisciotti and the boys build another indoor practice field out in Owings Mills, but this one has rain capability and crowd noise pumped in at 115+db's? Seems to me that if our offense could score against our starting D in these conditions, they could score on anybody! We have our biggest problems on the road and when it rains, so why don't we combine it all in one practice facility. I don't want to hear about cost either, it just needs the ability to catch the water on the sidelines and reuse it again (2 1000gal poly tanks at both ends along with 2 500gal/min pumps and a shitload of PVC piping and nozzles).....

    FYI- the Pats' training facility has the crowd noise capability so I think thats one of the reasons they do really well on the road.....




  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Solomons Island, MD
    Posts
    371

    Re: What do you guys think of this?

    I think the reason the Patriots, Colts, etc, do so well on the road is because they have QBs who don't get rattled, like the one we had last year.
    ''You'd love to go on the first day but I'm glad for the situation I'm in,'' he said. ''Baltimore knows how to play defense.''




  3. #3

    Re: What do you guys think of this?

    You've got to be kidding!




  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Southern PA
    Posts
    4,669
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: What do you guys think of this?

    Quote Originally Posted by ravenwoman View Post
    You've got to be kidding!
    Ummm.....NO! Why would I be kidding? In my line of work we train to real world scenarios (I'm a firefighter). When you train under these circumstances, you realize what you can and can't do! When you have problems with something, you're able to work on it under those conditions, not just talk about it! It will never happen because of whatever reasons they'll give, but we have "burn buildings" for a reason, so you get real world experience!!!

    THINK ABOUT IT......




  5. #5

    Re: What do you guys think of this?

    Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    Ummm.....NO! Why would I be kidding? In my line of work we train to real world scenarios (I'm a firefighter). When you train under these circumstances, you realize what you can and can't do! When you have problems with something, you're able to work on it under those conditions, not just talk about it! It will never happen because of whatever reasons they'll give, but we have "burn buildings" for a reason, so you get real world experience!!!

    THINK ABOUT IT......
    Believe it or not,




  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Foggy Bottom, DC
    Posts
    496

    Re: What do you guys think of this?

    Quote Originally Posted by RavenFanatic2k6 View Post
    I think the reason the Patriots, Colts, etc, do so well on the road is because they have QBs who don't get rattled, like the one we had last year.
    Exactly.

    That said, I would like to see us practice out in the rain sometimes instead of always heading inside.




  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Southern PA
    Posts
    4,669
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: What do you guys think of this?

    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave52 View Post
    Exactly.

    That said, I would like to see us practice out in the rain sometimes instead of always heading inside.
    But you can't control the rain when you're outside.....thats why I said they need to make a facility that has noise AND rain, so you can practice under those circumstances......




  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Westminster - Raventown, MD!
    Posts
    12,917
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: What do you guys think of this?

    We need to have our scout O team run a lot of no huddle offenses on us next year...we seem to be good when we can set up for 30-40 seconds, but if we have to set up in 10-15, forget it...everyone is out of position and we look totally lost.




  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Southern PA
    Posts
    4,669
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: What do you guys think of this?

    Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    We need to have our scout O team run a lot of no huddle offenses on us next year...we seem to be good when we can set up for 30-40 seconds, but if we have to set up in 10-15, forget it...everyone is out of position and we look totally lost.
    I've noticed this to, when a team goes 'hurry-up' on us, we usually don't fair well. This includes having all starters on the field and not injured....




  10. #10

    Re: What do you guys think of this?

    I definitely would support this idea if Biscotti was willing to spend the money...but he probably isn't.

    How about an alternative? When the temperature isn't perfect football weather (in Billicks case, 60-65 degrees F without a cloud in the sky), we don't run to the indoor facility and act like the sky is falling outside as we currently do. Actually make practices tough and worthwhile; when it rains, keep em' outside. When it is cold, keep em' outside. When it is hot, keep em' outside.

    Mr. Billick, it is pretty simple.




  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Huddersfield, England
    Posts
    968

    Re: What do you guys think of this?

    Whilst the idea of a dedicated facility might need a NASA like budget, it does make sense to prepare for rain / snow and away games. It does appear we have a training programme that does not work and we seem never prepared for anything!!!!

    Throw buckets of water over the offence - it's cheaper!!!




  12. #12

    Re: What do you guys think of this?

    The other week when Marvin and the gang were heading into Squeeler land they knew the weather was going to be bad so he had the idea of watering down the practice field to allow them to practice in the wet conditions.
    Pffffff! I trust wikipedia more than the NFL. If anyone would know football, it is clearly wikipedia.
    -xmradiodave 9/13/08




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland