Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 37 to 48 of 63
  1. #37

    Re: Pro's Take: Y'all Must-A-4-Got! 'X-Factor' Troy Smith MUST GET A SHOT! (The Anderson Effect)



    Quote Originally Posted by copenhaggard View Post
    I think everyone knows that, lets say, if Boller had started against the Colts (last year) that game would have been done before it started.

    Prove me wrong...
    Hmm. That depended on which Boller was scheduled to appear. If it was the Boller from the Pats game, I beg to differ. If it was Boller from last sunday... sure.

    The inconsistent enigma that is Boller. When the guy is hot... he is hot.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!




  2. #38

    Re: Pro's Take: Y'all Must-A-4-Got! 'X-Factor' Troy Smith MUST GET A SHOT! (The Anderson Effect)

    Quote Originally Posted by xmradiodave View Post
    Hmm. That depended on which Boller was scheduled to appear. If it was the Boller from the Pats game, I beg to differ. If it was Boller from last sunday... sure.

    The inconsistent enigma that is Boller. When the guy is hot... he is hot.
    And that right there is the main problem.




  3. #39

    Re: Pro's Take: Y'all Must-A-4-Got! 'X-Factor' Troy Smith MUST GET A SHOT! (The Anderson Effect)

    Quote Originally Posted by ClericBlackDave View Post
    Before I say anything, let me say I agree Troy Smith should be getting more time, and soon


    But for the people who are in the "Give me Troy Smith or give me death" camp, and the "Brian Billick should be fired no matter what" camp, there's a few reasons why you're being knee jerk


    1) The whole team played badly against the colts, and we were missing our top two corners. McGahee fumbled on his 1st series. If we're going knee jerk reactions, we should bench him for Mike Anderson, cut C-Mac and Rolle, etc etc. The key is, there is not reason to jerk the knee. This team has had issues this season that don't go back to one player and IF you wanted to put it back on one player, it would be Steve McNair.
    Good lord.

    What?

    THIS IS NOT A KNEE JERK REACTION TO BOLLER.

    He has done this his entire career Dave.

    Cmac and Rolle didn't play in the Colts game. Cmac and Rolle are PROVEN and we've seen how valuable they are to this team when they are down. Why can't you see that Boller isn't. And somehow bringing their names up in this conversation is laughable. Boller is a backup QB and you're somehow equating benching him for Smith with benching McGahee for Anderson? McGahee has already proven more in 13 games here than Boller has in 5 years. And who cares about McNair? Dude, he's done. He's out. You can't blame McNair for Boller's poor play anymore. That game doesn't play anymore. You see, the people who wanted McNair starting saw his play and realized he stunk this year. We don't hold onto false hope and say his poor play was everyone else's fault.



    Quote Originally Posted by ClericBlackDave View Post
    The problem with starting him (Troy Smith) against Miami is that if we lost that game with him at the helm, you can basically consider his career in Baltimore finished before it began
    LOL.

    Why?

    A rookie QB making his first start loses on the road and he's done here? Sorry dude, but that's just ridiculous.

    If your theory held any water, Kyle Boller's career would've been over 3 years ago. We've witnessed monumental meltdowns by the guy in years 2 and 3.

    I get that Miami is winless and that's probably where you came up with your opinion but give me a break.

    I do agree that we need to win this game. I really don't care who starts at QB to be honest.

    Why in the world should I believe that Boller gives us THAT much more of a chance with what I've seen from him on the road his entire career?

    Try using reasonable arguments and not hyperbole.

    PP




  4. #40

    Re: Pro's Take: Y'all Must-A-4-Got! 'X-Factor' Troy Smith MUST GET A SHOT! (The Anderson Effect)

    Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    2 TD's, 24 points vs. New England 2 weeks ago.

    And up until this year, Boller was almost unbeatable at home.

    But what you are asking is impossible to prove or disprove one way or the other.
    No, no, no Stinger. I'd love to give Boller credit, but remember, since the defense was the main reason McNair and the team was successful last year, I guess that the defense was the reason for Boller being "almost unbeatable" at home...

    Not my logic either, but you know how certain things work around here...

    Yeah, and by no means is just "Boller" unbeatable at home...

    PS:

    Oh yeah, "2 TD's, 24 points vs. New England 2 weeks ago."....

    0 TDs against the starting defense, 14 passing yards in the 1st quarter, 4 turnovers against the Colts this week...

    Try not using Boller's best career game as some kind of reasoning or hope for the future. It's not like it's year one... The followup game proves the point...
    Season over, guess I'll have to start drinking beer again...




  5. #41
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    22,434

    Re: Pro's Take: Y'all Must-A-4-Got! 'X-Factor' Troy Smith MUST GET A SHOT! (The Anderson Effect)

    Boller has bene on this pattern his entire career, no matter what O Line or OC has been in place .... he wins enough and in big ways to get folks behind him but then goes out and lays nice steaming piles.

    Im not saying Smith is the savior but what I am saying is Boller is clearly not the future and we need to keep all options on the table.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  6. #42

    Re: Pro's Take: Y'all Must-A-4-Got! 'X-Factor' Troy Smith MUST GET A SHOT! (The Anderson Effect)

    Quote Originally Posted by copenhaggard View Post
    No, no, no Stinger. I'd love to give Boller credit, but remember, since the defense was the main reason McNair and the team was successful last year, I guess that the defense was the reason for Boller being "almost unbeatable" at home...

    Not my logic either, but you know how certain things work around here...
    First off, cut this shit would ya? If you are going to call out people, just call them out and be done with it. This is getting quite old.


    Yeah, and by no means is just "Boller" unbeatable at home...
    Bullshit. His home record going into this year was almost 3-1 wins to losses or something close to that. He RARELY lost at home, and the last couple of times he played back to back National TV games he blew both teams out.

    PS:

    Oh yeah, "2 TD's, 24 points vs. New England 2 weeks ago."....

    0 TDs against the starting defense, 14 passing yards in the 1st quarter, 4 turnovers against the Colts this week...

    Try not using Boller's best career game as some kind of reasoning or hope for the future. It's not like it's year one... The followup game proves the point...
    Oh I see. So then by YOUR logic, if Boller annihilates Miami on the road on Sunday, then all options with him are back on the table?

    After all. It's "The followup game proves the point", right? Or does that only twist to fit a certain viewpoint at a certain place in time?




  7. #43

    Re: Pro's Take: Y'all Must-A-4-Got! 'X-Factor' Troy Smith MUST GET A SHOT! (The Anderson Effect)

    Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post

    1.) First off, cut this shit would ya? If you are going to call out people, just call them out and be done with it. This is getting quite old.



    2.) Bullshit. His home record going into this year was almost 3-1 wins to losses or something close to that. He RARELY lost at home, and the last couple of times he played back to back National TV games he blew both teams out.



    3.) Oh I see. So then by YOUR logic, if Boller annihilates Miami on the road on Sunday, then all options with him are back on the table?

    After all. It's "The followup game proves the point", right? Or does that only twist to fit a certain viewpoint at a certain place in time?
    1.) Stinger, please stop crying. You never said a thing when people said that the defense was the reason for the 13-3 season, and McNair made little if any impact last year. So if you are going to cry about me using the same logic on why Boller is "unbeatable" at home, don't read my posts. You're acting some of the other people here, don't mind when McNair gets bashed, but put up a hissy fit when Boller gets bashed, for the exact same things.


    2.) I'll send Boller a Christmas card for being our main reason we win at home. Until Boller got here, we struggled to win games at home since the year 2000....oh wait....

    The "team" has been virtually unbeatable at home, unless you want to start placing blame/praise on individual players.


    3.) You missed the point again. The point is, for every great game, Boller has a shitty one. Unfortunately, the number of shitty games per great games is quite large. He's inconsist, horribly. I don't think you realize but this past game was as bad as any game a QB for the Ravens has played this season.

    It doesn't matter if Boller blows out Miami, guess what, he'll lay an egg again, probably very soon. He will never be able to lead this team to a championship, and win the prime time games.


    PS: Really Stinger, I cannot believe you or anyone else are stil defending Boller. He sucks, he's sucked 90% of the time he's been here. He's been given so many chances to not suck, yet he can't figure out how not to suck.

    McNair sucks too, but guess what, last year he played better than Boller ever has, and McNair wasn't even that great last year.

    I honestly cannot for the life of me figure out why people still want to keep giving Boller chances. Well, whatever. mediocrity and terrible QB might be what people want, I don't know...
    Season over, guess I'll have to start drinking beer again...




  8. #44

    Re: Pro's Take: Y'all Must-A-4-Got! 'X-Factor' Troy Smith MUST GET A SHOT! (The Anderson Effect)

    Quote Originally Posted by copenhaggard View Post
    1.) Stinger, please stop crying. You never said a thing when people said that the defense was the reason for the 13-3 season, and McNair made little if any impact last year. So if you are going to cry about me using the same logic on why Boller is "unbeatable" at home, don't read my posts. You're acting some of the other people here, don't mind when McNair gets bashed, but put up a hissy fit when Boller gets bashed, for the exact same things.
    I'm not the one crying dude. You came here all whiny and pissy over "other people saying the opposite of McNair". YOU came here with the attitude in tow. You are STILL doing it. Other than that, what is your reason for waiting all season long to show up here?

    Sorry if I don't subscribe to your little tirades about other posters here.


    2.) I'll send Boller a Christmas card for being our main reason we win at home. Until Boller got here, we struggled to win games at home since the year 2000....oh wait....

    The "team" has been virtually unbeatable at home, unless you want to start placing blame/praise on individual players.
    Oh, so now Boller isn't part of the team? Gotcha.


    3.) You missed the point again. The point is, for every great game, Boller has a shitty one. Unfortunately, the number of shitty games per great games is quite large. He's inconsist, horribly. I don't think you realize but this past game was as bad as any game a QB for the Ravens has played this season.
    I completely realize that. And I get your point completely. You hate Boller, you came here to pile it on and call out other posters. Check.


    It doesn't matter if Boller blows out Miami, guess what, he'll lay an egg again, probably very soon. He will never be able to lead this team to a championship, and win the prime time games.
    Except Boller has won plenty of prime time games. But whatever. Seems like McNair......all-world QB he was before he came to the town where QB's come to fail..... couldn't lead this team to a championship either. Neither could a 4,000 yard passer coming off a pro-bowl, and anyone inbetween.

    But that is all on Boller, right?


    PS: Really Stinger, I cannot believe you or anyone else are stil defending Boller. He sucks, he's sucked 90% of the time he's been here. He's been given so many chances to not suck, yet he can't figure out how not to suck.

    McNair sucks too, but guess what, last year he played better than Boller ever has, and McNair wasn't even that great last year.

    I honestly cannot for the life of me figure out why people still want to keep giving Boller chances. Well, whatever. mediocrity and terrible QB might be what people want, I don't know...
    90%? You're going with 90%? Wow. Alrighty then.

    PS. I don't give a shit anymore what some people believe, or think. You came late to the party, by about 13 games. The fact that I maintain the system works more against the QB than the QB does the system, and have maintained that for 9 years, escapes you because you haven't been here to be part of conversations. You only came here to antagonize and start trouble right off the bat. And I don't really care if you "can't believe" anything.

    You let me know which AFC Championship game or Super Bowl appearance I must have slept through since 2000. Because until you can come up with one, I'll maintain my offensive system theory, and people like you can continue to blame 10-11-12-13 quarterbacks. By all means.




  9. #45
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Parkville, MD
    Posts
    2,127

    Re: Pro's Take: Y'all Must-A-4-Got! 'X-Factor' Troy Smith MUST GET A SHOT! (The Anderson Effect)

    For the life of me I cannot understand how anyone can look over Kyle Boller's body of work and think he's a legit NFL QB. You never know what you're going to get with Kyle. He'll come out one day and be very good, and the next couple of games he flat out sucks. He just can't seem to put it all together. We've all witnessed this for 5 years now. How can anyone honestly think that he'll finally put it all together, and if so when?




  10. #46

    Re: Pro's Take: Y'all Must-A-4-Got! 'X-Factor' Troy Smith MUST GET A SHOT! (The Anderson Effect)

    Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Ummm, I went back to my response to Pro, and I couldn't see anywhere in which I said anything about Troy Smith. I was specifically responding to the parts about Brian Billick being able to hand-pick his players.

    Something that was still not answered.
    I was just throwing in my 2 cents bro. I was not quoting you or anyone else. Sorry for the confusion. It was simply a random post to break up the monotony.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!




  11. #47

    Re: Pro's Take: Y'all Must-A-4-Got! 'X-Factor' Troy Smith MUST GET A SHOT! (The Anderson Effect)

    Quote Originally Posted by TTRaven View Post
    For the life of me I cannot understand how anyone can look over Kyle Boller's body of work and think he's a legit NFL QB. You never know what you're going to get with Kyle. He'll come out one day and be very good, and the next couple of games he flat out sucks. He just can't seem to put it all together. We've all witnessed this for 5 years now. How can anyone honestly think that he'll finally put it all together, and if so when?
    Because the team around him is as inconsistent as he is. So how in the world do you expect ANYONE to be a legit NFL QB here.

    No one really will ever know TT. I'm just as convinced that if we had gotten our day 1 wish and drafted Byron Leftwich (who BTW also turned out not to be the franchise QB Jacksonville thought he was), we'd be having the same conversation, just inserting Byron's name in.

    Hell, we've already substituted Steve McNair's name in this year and end of last year and he is an accomplished QB.

    If Kyle Boller was he only QB in the long line of QB's we've had here since the beginning of time that did nothing, never even having a 9-7 season and being one defensive stop away from the playoffs, then yeah we could pin the plight of the entire team on him. But it hasn't quite been that way now has it?

    Yes, TT, barring some three game miracle where the entire offense somehow gels together by magic and stays that way through next year, the book on Kyle Boller here in Baltimore is pretty much done.

    But I don't think that means someone who actually knows how to run an effective offense wouldn't bring him in, put the right talent alongside him, and he couldn't be a good NFL QB.

    It just isn't going to really happen here. I think that's all agreed.




  12. #48

    Re: Pro's Take: Y'all Must-A-4-Got! 'X-Factor' Troy Smith MUST GET A SHOT! (The Anderson Effect)

    No doubt Bollers numbers would take a leap forward if he played in a real offense and wasn't stuck in quarterback purgatory but I still don't think he's a legitimate NFL quarterback. Last year McNair proved you don't have to put up great numbers to have success here.

    He managed the game , moved the chains when he had to and limited his mistakes. Kyle Boller isn't capable of that over the course of a full season.
    Last edited by RustonRifle; 12-14-2007 at 01:13 PM.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland