Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: OL deserves props

Trying to get this thread back on track... the offensive line had a great day. They gave McNair a ton of time and opened some holes for Jamal, who had a good day (though not a great one). I don't think this game means all our problems there are solved, but if we can get this level of protection in the playoffs, we'll do pretty well.

And Tex, knock it off already. Your pettiness and vindictiveness is the reason most of us decided to choose this board over the others out there: to not have to deal with people like you. And for all its wonderful tools, it doesn't look like this board is fixing the situation. At this point I'm hoping the moderators will step in, or that you'll finally get it through your tiny pea-brain that you should go elsewhere.

I think a lot of it has to do with the play calling.

Roll-outs, play-action, shot-gun formation and other hyphenated things we've been trying.

Used to we'd do straight dropbacks and the defense would know exactly where the QB would be. Now that we've actually started moving the QB around, the pass-rush can't just pin their ears back and go.
    This is a novel I was asked to proofread. The author is giving 10% of the profits to kidney research, which is a big deal in the Darb household. Fair warning; it's a fantasy novel, and the main characters are lesbians. It's three bucks on kindle from Amazon.http://www.amazon.com/WINDOWS-BROKEN...ken+fairy+tale

Amazing pass-blocking day for the O-Line:

0 Sacks
    0 Hurries

I have not seen that in another NFL game this season, although it may have happened.

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    I think a lot of it has to do with the play calling.

Roll-outs, play-action, shot-gun formation and other hyphenated things we've been trying.

Used to we'd do straight dropbacks and the defense would know exactly where the QB would be. Now that we've actually started moving the QB around, the pass-rush can't just pin their ears back and go.
    Amen to that -- you could see that the Bengals were putting 9 in the box at times and Billick was responding to that. Getting out of third and long and throwing on first down to set up the run on second is a sight for sore eyes. Jason Brown has stepped it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Filmstudy View Post
    Amazing pass-blocking day for the O-Line:

0 Sacks
    0 Hurries
    Midway through the '06 season: 13 sacks surrendered. Here's our history:

'96 -- 38
    '97 -- 37
    '98 -- 41
    '99 -- 56
    '00 -- 43
    '01 -- 40
    '02 -- 41
    '03 -- 43
    '04 -- 35
    '05 -- 42

The last three games, I noted that our QBs were having plenty of time to check off primary and secondary receivers. Avoiding sacks is allowing drives to continue with few long yardage situations. This is a huge improvement that, if continued through the 2nd half, could make the difference in getting into the playoffs and doing well.

Is it Pashos? Brown? Forester? Whatever - I'll take it.

the o-line is playing significantly better this year-- Pashos has improved significantly and is an upgrade over Orlando Brown, Jason Brown is more than an adequate fill in for Mulitalo (injuries killed the line last year), Ogden seems to be playing at a level he hasn't been since 2002....only downside is flynn...hopefully jason brown becomes the center next year....

as for tex....he is what he is (and to think someone called me a prick because I pointed out his lack of knowledge)......it maybe time to go back where he won't ever return.....

one other thing about yesterday's game-- there wasn't a single holding penalty called on either line yesterday....a statisical rarity for an NFL game...

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Boller had good time for most of the day against Carolina who has a very good DL. He got rushed a few times, etc, but with Peppers going against you that will happen. So I don't think it is all QB. They seem to be pass protecting better, especially over the last 3-4 games.

Is it Pashos? Brown? Forester? Whatever - I'll take it.
    Its Billick as OC. Brian is putting the players in a position to succeed unlike Cavs or Fassel.

The answer to everything has been here the whole time. I'm thrilled that Billick decided to get his hands dirty, but if he was the only one who knew how to get his offense to work maybe he should have stepped up earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    I am getting so sick of this bullshit. This obsession is what got you kicked off the other boards. He's just a 25 year old kid, for Christ's sake. Not Hitler.

Please knock it off.

I was not a part of this " other" board, which Tex was supposedly booted from, but My guess is that Tex is also old19fan, who posted on the Sun's board, and his degradation of Boller was SO severe, I came to the conclusion he had a crush on Boller... He was SO obsessive, there seemed to be no other conclusion to draw! I openly challenged him on it, and he never replied! I believe his name is Tex Hagard!

Yes give the OL credit. This is the second great game by them. This is all we need to control teams.