Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Chris Chester To Start At RG

Chris Chester really impressed me with his athleticism today. Billick should stick with this kid. Looks like we got value with our second round pick.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleRulz View Post
    Chris Chester really impressed me with his athleticism today. Billick should stick with this kid. Looks like we got value with our second round pick.
    In the early going, his being in the line was probably part of the reason for all the false starts, but he really seemed to settle in, and the line looked pretty good. Jamal actually had some holes to run through!

Quote Originally Posted by RockyMRaven View Post
    In the early going, his being in the line was probably part of the reason for all the false starts, but he really seemed to settle in, and the line looked pretty good. Jamal actually had some holes to run through!

If our game is replayed on NFL Network (doubt it though), look at Jamal's second TD run. Chester took out two defenders and cleared a huge hole for Jamal. Chester showed agility that I have not seen out of any of our OL in years (maybe ever).
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Just watched the second half on TIVO.

As I mentioned earlier in this post, Chris Chester is NOT going to give up his starting slot once he gets in. We ran more successfully on the right side than I can remember this year.

Keydrick's injury is just going to be one of those "nagging" injuries that never seems to get better so that he can start again.

Seriously, the coaching staff's judgment would be seriously remiss if they pulled the kid out. He always had more talent, it just was a question of whether he could learn everything quick enough. I thnk he proved that today.

Just maybe our o-line is getting better through subtraction.

I told the doubters they would love Chester once he got in. This kid can put on another 15 and will be a perennial pro bowler. He and Brown could be the foundation for one heck of a line.

"But I could have told you Vincent, This world was never meant for one as beautiful as you"

You're too pretty to start, baby. Just sit on that bench where the whole world can see you!

I told the doubters they would love Chester once he got in. This kid can put on another 15 and will be a perennial pro bowler. He and Brown could be the foundation for one heck of a line.
    Don't forget about Pashos and Terry. I'm thinking all we really need is another center/guard to replace the QB killer.
    This is a novel I was asked to proofread. The author is giving 10% of the profits to kidney research, which is a big deal in the Darb household. Fair warning; it's a fantasy novel, and the main characters are lesbians. It's three bucks on kindle from Amazon.http://www.amazon.com/WINDOWS-BROKEN...ken+fairy+tale

Chester may never see the ranks of inactive or the bench again, this kid was moving them out. I couldn't believe what I was seeing today, our last 2 #2 draft picks on the field in the same game making contributions!!!!

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

One game against a banged up defense does not make a career, but Chester definitely looked good on Sunday.

I'd have to agree, I focused on Chester's play yesterday once I heard that he was starting and while in the first half he was a little tentative and whiffed a little on a few running plays, in the second half he really settled down and got after the defenders he was blocking.

Chester's athleticism was apparent as he was all up in the second level in the second half. He's got great feet and displayed the agility and 'go-get-'em' that the Ravens were talkin about when they first drafted the kid.

While I'd think that anyone who's a rookie at 305pds starting your first game would have a problem or two dealing with nose tackle Grady Jackson (he's one big mo-fo), he played a part in wearing him down and making him less effective in the 2nd half which allowed the Ravens to run the ball down the Falcons throats.

Chris Chester's not a 'Pro' bowler yet, but he's got the tools IMO. The key to an effective running game is getting to the 2nd level and opening gaps for the back to shoot through and get upfield.

This starting experience that he's gained will aid him throughout his development and don't also forget about my man Jason Brown. Things a starting to look up for the Ravens O-line future.

Just my opinion.-Pro-

Agreed pro. It is great having the young guys out there. It will be interersting to see if they both stay at guard next year or if one of them moves to center.