Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1

    Bischotti and Cass ...Use Caution!!!



    This saga with Rex has got to come to an end..and hopefully soon. I very much want him here.. but its defintely wrong to not let the man know what his future is. The Ravens over the last few weeks have really messed things up in the past few weeks. Starting with Bischotti and Dick Cass. The way in which Billick was fired, the "coaching search" and now this rangling over Rex and stringing this matter out. I really hope the Ravens managment staff , mainly Bischotti and Cass are not putting to much of there input into these matters to the point where the causing alot of unnecessary distress among other in house front office personnel. I don't or we don't as fans know things for sure but it surely seems that way given how things have transpired. We've seen via the Orioles how things can go down hill and quickly when quality personnel is not allowed to do there jobs. Bottom line ... to these two guys.. Don't screw things up !!




  2. #2

    Re: Bischotti and Cass ...Use Caution!!!

    Yea, I must admit that I have concern over how things have transpired. The firing I do believe was a 'gut' reaction, and I can accept that; although, BB I'm sure does not. The hiring, in retrospect, I can also accept, since SB supposedly put his football people in charge of searching for viable candidates, which they did; in the end, I believe they got the Right guy! However, I do have problems with SB IF he and Cass are influencing Harbs choice for DC (which I'm not certain of )- that is terribly Wrong!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton




  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tenuous
    Posts
    4,920

    Re: Bischotti and Cass ...Use Caution!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmad71 View Post
    This saga with Rex has got to come to an end..and hopefully soon. I very much want him here.. but its defintely wrong to not let the man know what his future is. The Ravens over the last few weeks have really messed things up in the past few weeks. Starting with Bisciotti and Dick Cass. The way in which Billick was fired, the "coaching search" and now this rangling over Rex and stringing this matter out. I really hope the Ravens managment staff , mainly Bisciotti and Cass are not putting to much of there input into these matters to the point where the causing alot of unnecessary distress among other in house front office personnel. I don't or we don't as fans know things for sure but it surely seems that way given how things have transpired. We've seen via the Orioles how things can go down hill and quickly when quality personnel is not allowed to do there jobs. Bottom line ... to these two guys.. Don't screw things up !!
    I don't think the "saga with Rex" has anything to do with Bisciotti, Cass or anyone else int he front office. So far the only thing the public has heard is Bisciotti saying he wants to keep Rex and Harbaugh has been a bit more reserved with is comments but they have at least been supportive of Rex.

    Rex is out trying to get a head caoching job for the second straight year and seriously...no one else is hiring him as a HC. There is something that other teams are seeing in the interviews that are making them turn him away. I wouldn't criticize the Ravens for not hiring him as H.C. as well. My understanding is that the D.C. job is on the table for Rex but he is out entertaining other offers. If anything the "saga with Rex" appears, at least to me, to be more on Rex than the Ravens.








  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Cub Hill, MD
    Posts
    2,523

    Re: Bischotti and Cass ...Use Caution!!!

    Rex isn't getting a HC position this year; those ships have sailed. He's going to be a DC at best.

    We really don't know what the Ravens are doing with Rex. They could be negotiating a new contract with him as we speak. That might be the holdup - Rex would obviously be getting a nice raise and maybe an "Asst. Head Coach - Defense" title. Who knows.


    WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012




  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Perry Hall
    Posts
    2,882

    Re: Bischotti and Cass ...Use Caution!!!

    According to the fishwrap, the Skins have not yet even requested permission from the Ravens to talk to Ryan. No job has been offered to him down there. All we know is that they seem interested in bringing him in, but Bisciotti is also interested in keeping him. Harbaugh is towing the company line ("Rex is a great coach", etc).

    Honestly, I think you put any average DC in here with the talent we have on that side of the ball, and they will be a top 5 defense. Rex is nothing special.




  6. #6

    Re: Bischotti and Cass ...Use Caution!!!

    This "saga" has nothing to do with Bisciotti and Cass. The "saga" has continued this long because Rex was still in the running for the Atl HC spot and wasn't going to accept a DC spot until that played out.

    Presently, he is still under contract with the team and they can keep him if they want to. Likely they are trying to do that, but if he says he wants out, they will likely accomodate that. Since he hasn't been let go yet, then I assume he hasn't told then that and they are negotiating for him to stay. Of course, the spector of Dan Synder and his money may be hindering that to an extent.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

    Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap




  7. #7

    Re: Bischotti and Cass ...Use Caution!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    Harbaugh is towing the company line ("Rex is a great coach", etc).
    AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGH!!!! WTF? Why is it that so many people on this board either think Bisciotti/Cass is calling the shots on wanting to keep Rex, and/or that anything Harbaugh says - which has ALL been about how much he wants to keep Rex on staff - is just "towing the company line"???

    I like how Biscuit does what any businessman would do when making a firing decision - not telling the guy he's gonna fire is gonna be fired - and all of a sudden he's running this franchise into the ground.

    Look 40 miles south, people. You wanna see a train-wreck, all you've gotta do is flip on a local station and see one in action. Dan Snyder had FINALLY gotten things in order with Gibbs running the show. He had assembled an incredible staff and was building for the future.

    Then Gibbs resigned.

    Then, he promotes a buffoon to be his GM, and decides he's going to start completely over with everything, rather than promoting a guy who's proven he deserves a shot and trying to maintain some continuity just as the organization gets some legs under it.

    He's like a kid, who's taken all this time and effort to build a castle of legos on his table, who then just sweeps it all onto the floor in a big heaping wreck because now he wants to play with blocks. (analogy stolen from a friend of mine)

    NO ONE here knows who's calling what shots on coaching decisions. NO ONE knows what went on behind the scenes with Billick. Stop accusing this organization - which has been run brilliantly for years - of all of a sudden crashing and burning. It's irritating.

    I think my favorite part is how everyone's been calling for Billick's head for so long, and then we get it, and suddenly everyone's pissed off that he's gone.

    - C -

    (Actually, my favorite part is having an excuse to use the slappy-fight icon!)




  8. #8

    Re: Bischotti and Cass ...Use Caution!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    (Actually, my favorite part is having an excuse to use the slappy-fight icon!)
    Excellent post top to bottom asskicker. Which is why I now have the pleasure of using this one:

    Last edited by festivus; 01-24-2008 at 03:17 PM.
    Festivus

    His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.




  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Southern PA
    Posts
    4,827
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Bischotti and Cass ...Use Caution!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post

    NO ONE here knows who's calling what shots on coaching decisions. NO ONE knows what went on behind the scenes with Billick. Stop accusing this organization - which has been run brilliantly for years - of all of a sudden crashing and burning. It's irritating.
    In my best chinese voice: "Ezacree" We don't know shit about anything that goes on behind closed doors and anything that we say is pure speculation....lets just enjoy the fact that we have a great team and look forward to '08!!!!

    Everything will sort itself out......




  10. #10

    Re: Bischotti and Cass ...Use Caution!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    In my best chinese voice: "Ezacree" We don't know shit about anything that goes on behind closed doors and anything that we say is pure speculation....lets just enjoy the fact that we have a great team and look forward to '08!!!!

    Everything will sort itself out......
    The question I have and I hope someone answers it is this: If Rex is still under contract, why do we have to even pay him ONE PENNY MORE? We can FORCE him to honor his contract or he can RESIGN. I never heard anything so stupid as begging someone to work when they are already under contract. However, if they want to extend it, with a small raise, then that would add stability to the team.
    Last edited by ravenwoman; 01-26-2008 at 09:29 AM. Reason: Changed my mind.




  11. #11

    Re: Bischotti and Cass ...Use Caution!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGH!!!! WTF? Why is it that so many people on this board either think Bisciotti/Cass is calling the shots on wanting to keep Rex, and/or that anything Harbaugh says - which has ALL been about how much he wants to keep Rex on staff - is just "towing the company line"???

    I like how Biscuit does what any businessman would do when making a firing decision - not telling the guy he's gonna fire is gonna be fired - and all of a sudden he's running this franchise into the ground.

    Look 40 miles south, people. You wanna see a train-wreck, all you've gotta do is flip on a local station and see one in action. Dan Snyder had FINALLY gotten things in order with Gibbs running the show. He had assembled an incredible staff and was building for the future.

    Then Gibbs resigned.

    Then, he promotes a buffoon to be his GM, and decides he's going to start completely over with everything, rather than promoting a guy who's proven he deserves a shot and trying to maintain some continuity just as the organization gets some legs under it.

    He's like a kid, who's taken all this time and effort to build a castle of legos on his table, who then just sweeps it all onto the floor in a big heaping wreck because now he wants to play with blocks. (analogy stolen from a friend of mine)

    NO ONE here knows who's calling what shots on coaching decisions. NO ONE knows what went on behind the scenes with Billick. Stop accusing this organization - which has been run brilliantly for years - of all of a sudden crashing and burning. It's irritating.

    I think my favorite part is how everyone's been calling for Billick's head for so long, and then we get it, and suddenly everyone's pissed off that he's gone.

    - C -

    (Actually, my favorite part is having an excuse to use the slappy-fight icon!)
    Excellent post!




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland