Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: QB Evaluation

1. Re: QB Evaluation

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I put "Venom" in quotes because I have to defend the fact that I think he isn't likely to be a Pro-bowler...

I think Flacco should be the number three until after the bye week, but should be taking the snaps of the number 2 QB in practice from day 1, no matter who is the starter. He will be our QB next year, and maybe even later this year, he needs the practice more then anyone.
    But thats ok. They dont play the game to go to the probowl. They play the game to win. And if we can do that with Smith then I dont think anyone in the Ravens organization will care if he makes the probowl or not. Cam thinks he can be a game manager type of QB, which is what we need.

Re: QB Evaluation

Quote Originally Posted by baltimorebirdgirl198 View Post
    But thats ok. They dont play the game to go to the probowl. They play the game to win. And if we can do that with Smith then I dont think anyone in the Ravens organization will care if he makes the probowl or not. Cam thinks he can be a game manager type of QB, which is what we need.

Oh trust me, I will stand up and cheer for the Ravens to win even with Troy on the field...

You can append my post to saying that I have to defend that fact that we are more likely to make it to the Superbowl with Favre then with Troy, it seems that some want nothign more then Troy to be the Golden Boy to take us back there, I simply think it is unlikely no matter the team around him. I think he's a career backup, that may be an adequate at best starter while we are buying time for Flacco. I think that is a good use of a 5th round pick. For some, that is bashing the guy....