Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 50

Thread: QB Evaluation

  1. #13

    Re: QB Evaluation



    Quote Originally Posted by Mista T
    Wouldn't it great if Boller had a break-out season under Cam's new offense, and we were faced with the same type QB "problem" facing the Browns?
    I would not be shocked if that actually happens.




  2. #14

    Re: QB Evaluation

    Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Funny ...... that's the same tune the Boller haters were singing a year ago, after Smith - the next coming of the Messiah - was drafted. Surprise: Boller got extended instead of cut. Maybe Oz knows a little about how to run an NFL team.

    Wouldn't it great if Boller had a break-out season under Cam's new offense, and we were faced with the same type QB "problem" facing the Browns?
    Yeah because we all know that taking a flyer on a 5th round QB is the same as trading up in the first round for a QB.

    Boller is done here after this year unless he is content to be a back up.




  3. #15

    Re: QB Evaluation

    Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Yeah because we all know that taking a flyer on a 5th round QB is the same as trading up in the first round for a QB.


    Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Boller is done here after this year unless he is content to be a back up
    THANK GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe he can do Billicks makeup for FOX.




  4. #16

    Re: QB Evaluation

    Quote Originally Posted by OriAl View Post
    The only real problem Boller has had is lack of protection by his offensive line. Flacco will have the same problem, unless the line improves.
    Ohhhh, I see. So when Boller was rolling out of the pocket against Denver 3 years ago and tripped over his own feet and proceeded to fumble and cost us the game, it was the offensive line's fault? The same offensive line that only allowed McNair to be sacked 17 times in 2006, 1 more than the NFL record that year set by the Colts? Yeah, you're right, Boller's good it's just the line that sucks. Looks like you've been drinking the Billick Kool-Aid for too long, my friend.




  5. #17

    Re: QB Evaluation

    Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post

    Boller is done here after this year unless he is content to be a back up.

    He might be.

    As well, I would wager that the FO believes that it is more likely that Smith is unable to be a backup, then able to be a starter. I think the most likely scenario is that he is a hopefully long term backup here.

    I mean to say that likely we'll head into next year with Flacco and Smith and a Vet... I think it is VERY HIGHLY unlikely that Smith enters the '09 camp as the favorite for the starters job. I would be less surprised to see us enter camp with Flacco and Boller, with Smith cut.




  6. #18

    Re: QB Evaluation

    Boller was supposed ot have a break out year in 2004, 2005, 2006 and 2007. I guess everyone has moved on from the "It takes a QB 3 years to develop," rationale to the "It took Rich Ganon 11 years to break in to Pro Bowl form" logic when PROVING Boller's climb to elite status. Is that right?




  7. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    pigtown, baltimore, md
    Posts
    146

    Re: QB Evaluation

    Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Wouldn't it great if Boller had a break-out season under Cam's new offense, and we were faced with the same type QB "problem" facing the Browns?
    wasn't Cam the OC in SD when Brees did it?...
    O's, Stroh's and Nappy Ho's




  8. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Southern PA
    Posts
    4,667
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: QB Evaluation

    Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Wouldn't it great if SMITH had a break-out season under Cam's new offense, and we were faced with the same type QB "problem" facing the Browns?
    Fixed......




  9. #21

    Re: QB Evaluation

    Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    Fixed......
    Ok... You made me laugh... As bad as KB has been, He has 10 times the chance of being a star that Troy Has...




  10. #22

    Re: QB Evaluation

    Quote Originally Posted by the_scarecrow3 View Post
    Ohhhh, I see. So when Boller was rolling out of the pocket against Denver 3 years ago and tripped over his own feet and proceeded to fumble and cost us the game, it was the offensive line's fault? The same offensive line that only allowed McNair to be sacked 17 times in 2006, 1 more than the NFL record that year set by the Colts? Yeah, you're right, Boller's good it's just the line that sucks. Looks like you've been drinking the Billick Kool-Aid for too long, my friend.
    Yeah, the same offensive line that allowed Boller to be saked three times in 55 attempts in 2006, the year Boller put up a QB rating of 104. All of Boller's problems can't be put on the (very) offensive line, but some of them can.

    This line has been so horrible at pass blocking for so long people just come to accept it.
    This is a novel I was asked to proofread. The author is giving 10% of the profits to kidney research, which is a big deal in the Darb household. Fair warning; it's a fantasy novel, and the main characters are lesbians. It's three bucks on kindle from Amazon.http://www.amazon.com/WINDOWS-BROKEN...ken+fairy+tale




  11. #23

    Re: QB Evaluation

    Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Yeah, the same offensive line that allowed Boller to be saked three times in 55 attempts in 2006, the year Boller put up a QB rating of 104. All of Boller's problems can't be put on the (very) offensive line, but some of them can.

    This line has been so horrible at pass blocking for so long people just come to accept it.
    The QB position has been that PATHETIC, for the last DECADE that the few games that Boller really excelled are enough for some devout fans to cling to 5 years in the making... move on bro, it's over...




  12. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Southern PA
    Posts
    4,667
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: QB Evaluation

    Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    The QB position has been that PATHETIC, for the last DECADE that the few games that Boller really excelled are enough for some devout fans to cling to 5 years in the making... move on bro, it's over...
    Yeah, its over..........Boller's days are numbered. He just hasn't lived up to his starter status.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland