Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Blog Entries

Re: Ray Lewis Contract demands?

I think you hit the key for Gregg, the word 'consistant'.
    He is not somebody we really watch, and most of the time don't notice unless we are reviewing film, and maybe not even much then.
    He is a player that is more 'set and forget'... his assignment is covered play after play.
    Ngata we watch more, the flashes of brillance and learning curve on refined technique/positioning that is still going on. More interesting and learning for us there. Kelly is more like an old pair of comfortable shoes. We know what we got and can expect, play in and play out. Taken for granted. Them wrestling skills are serving him well on this level.

Isnt this like apples and oranges?

BOTH are damn good and play a very high level. BOTH have talent and are assets to this team.

This is sounding like my monthly debate with my girlfriend -- is pizza better then steak? They are BOTH good for their own reasons!
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Isnt this like apples and oranges?

BOTH are damn good and play a very high level. BOTH have talent and are assets to this team.

This is sounding like my monthly debate with my girlfriend -- is pizza better then steak? They are BOTH good for their own reasons!
    Yes, but unlike pizza and steak, Gregg and Ngata work better together than they do in isolation. Whoever came up with the idea of steak on a pizza should be shot, it just doesn't work and it's a rubbish compromise. It can't have been a man who came up with the idea, a real man could make the decision of one over the other.

Quote Originally Posted by UKRavenStockers View Post
    Yes, but unlike pizza and steak, Gregg and Ngata work better together than they do in isolation. Whoever came up with the idea of steak on a pizza should be shot, it just doesn't work and it's a rubbish compromise. It can't have been a man who came up with the idea, a real man could make the decision of one over the other.
    Im with ya there .... steak does not belong on pizza in any form!
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

No steak on Pizza?
    That is crazy talk. I would much rather have some nice thinly sliced steak or roast beef on a supreme Pizza than any form of fungus or fish.

I have had some awsome cheese steak Pizza and one of the best I ever had was a chicken parm Pizz from Vito's.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Nurse View Post
    You need to go to Pizza Johns in Essex, that might change your mind
    You're telling me I've gotta make a 7,000+ mile round trip for a Pizza? That'd better a damned fine pizza. :smile:

Didnt we have this debate in another OT thread a while back?

Mathew's Pizza on Eastern in the city has been the best pizza that has ever graced my lips -- with Hot Tomato in Fells a close second.

Look, I love all you guys and I respect that you live in Baltimore, I really do

BUT.......

You haven't had pizza till you had a slice or sicilian (square) in a New York City pizza parlor. Pizza made anywhere else is like eating at pizza hut.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray...
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

me personally i would have to go with pizza johns.

Quote Originally Posted by UKRavenStockers View Post
    You're telling me I've gotta make a 7,000+ mile round trip for a Pizza? That'd better a damned fine pizza. :smile:
    Nah; just hop a flight to Italia - imo, they have the best pizza anywhere in the world!!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Nurse View Post
    Best pizza in the state...Best spaghetti in the world!!!
    Agreed!! And I also have a soft spot for Squire's.

Hot Tomato in Fells Point = Best 2:00AM drunk pizza anywhere!