Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 49 to 60 of 88
  1. #49

    Re: Troy Smith edging out competition



    ok whatever... believe what you want. You can see the wind hold it up in video, but it never happenned.





  2. #50

    Re: Troy Smith edging out competition

    Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    ok whatever... believe what you want. You can see the wind hold it up in video, but it never happenned.
    I've seen the replay 100 times.

    Boller simply doesn't step into the throw and doesn't get enough on it.

    Period.

    LOL at "seeing" the wind hold the ball up in the replay.

    Please.

    PP




  3. #51

    Re: Troy Smith edging out competition

    ok almighty, whatever you say. You can visually see the ball stop.

    but you are right allmighty boller hater.




  4. #52

    Re: Troy Smith edging out competition

    Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    ok almighty, whatever you say. You can visually see the ball stop.

    but you are right allmighty boller hater.
    Ppphhh.

    Not only does your post sound like a 2 year old thought of it, but it looks like it was written by one as well.

    Sorry if I don't agree with your assessment of the Boller pass.

    It's not "hating" him. I sat right there and saw the ball leave his hand and it was OBVIOUS it was way underthrown before it hit the "brick wall 40 mph" that you profess.

    It's utterly hilarious that people still throw out the "Boller hater" crap. I don't hate him, I hate his play.

    And I also hate when posters like you throw junk like this out with nothing to back it up. I criticize the dude's on field play. Period. Nothing else.

    So take you crying about "hating" Boller and try selling it someplace else. There's no market for it here.

    Maybe you can hit up YBR.

    PP




  5. #53

    Re: Troy Smith edging out competition

    You are the only person I've ever seen dispute the weather report... not the weather prediction, but what the weather man said occurred the day before.

    It rained three inches last night...

    PP- NO it didn't rain a drop, that was all dew. I guess all of the reporters were wrong, as well as EVERY recount of this game I've heard. I was there, when you got to the upper deck, the wind was WIPPING. I was actually sitting in the lower level endzone, near where Gaffney did NOT catch the ball.

    Simply put, you are hte first person I have ever heard dispute that that throw got hung up in the wind.

    It's ok, I'll believe you...




  6. #54

    Re: Troy Smith edging out competition

    Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    You are the only person I've ever seen dispute the weather report... not the weather prediction, but what the weather man said occurred the day before.

    It rained three inches last night...

    PP- NO it didn't rain a drop, that was all dew. I guess all of the reporters were wrong, as well as EVERY recount of this game I've heard. I was there, when you got to the upper deck, the wind was WIPPING. I was actually sitting in the lower level endzone, near where Gaffney did NOT catch the ball.

    Simply put, you are hte first person I have ever heard dispute that that throw got hung up in the wind.

    It's ok, I'll believe you...
    I could give a shit if you believe me or not.

    Simply put, there are many people I was there with that saw the same thing and many others on boards who did too.

    I'm sorry it took 8 months for you to read my post and find out what really happened.

    That ball never had a chance because it was severely underthrown.

    I'm done with this dumbass argument about a pass that was thrown last November.

    You believe what you want. Me? I'll believe what I witnessed.

    PP




  7. #55

    Re: Troy Smith edging out competition

    I apologize for getting into a pissing match and pretty much hijacking this thread.

    PP
    Last edited by purplepoe; 06-09-2008 at 08:42 PM.




  8. #56

    Re: Troy Smith edging out competition

    The ball certainly did not "stop" the ball.

    It was windy, but hell, Brady was able to launch it downfield a time or 2 durng that game.

    And if it was so windy, don't throw that pass.




  9. #57

    Re: Troy Smith edging out competition

    I have read alot online about people saying troy is in the lead, and it is now a two horse race between him and Flacco.

    I dont think Flacco will get the starting job, and if he does, he will screw it up. Resulting in troy starting.

    Troy has had a year to sit, with a few games experience to build his confidence. exactly what boller needed, but didnt get.

    now people are saying this is what we nneed to do with Flacco, but we have already done this with TS and he looks very promising. now if Flacco sits and learns, we could have 2 good QBs on the team.

    We could poss use them as a QB tandom. Having 2 QBs on the field at the same time. that would really make us unpredictable this year.




  10. #58

    Re: Troy Smith edging out competition

    Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    It sounds to me like you were NOT at the stadium that night. Boller threw that ball into a 40 mph headwind GUST. It wasn't nearly the poor throw it's made out to be. That throw was headed to it's target when it hit a BRICK WALL. THe real proble that game was Jabar Gaffney's "TD Catch" that he bobbled for two steps out of the endzone, forget the TO, forget the other penalties, that was the moment the game was over.
    Yet another attempt to clear Boller of any blame for his poor play.

    jonboy, you are truly pathetic for that one. That is just sad.




  11. #59

    Re: Troy Smith edging out competition

    Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    Boller and Wright are interchangeable.

    The jury is still out on Smith and Flacco.

    I certainly think Flacco will be much better than Wright and I have a feeling Smith will be better as well.

    Just because our defense was awesome in 2006 doesn't mean it will be awesome this year. Each player is 2 years older (i.e. Ray/Cmac/Pryce).

    This team needs to score points to contend. Period.

    PP
    Yeah, they're all 2 years older...so is Ngata who will be much better, and Fabian Washington, IMO is an upgrade over Ivy/Prude....Dan Cody, also, IMO could prove the X factor if he comes back healthy, who knows...

    And, to echo your point, just because our defense took a step back last year doesn't mean it won't be awesome again THIS year...the truth is, who knows...there are no trends, really...it actually seems to be every other year...

    2000 - Duh
    2001 - Defense was "mediocre" by our standards
    2002 - Defense played admirably considering the youth, but wasn't dominant
    2003 - Dominant. Lead the league in points scored and was a turnover forcing machine.
    2004 - Good but not knock you off your ass great.
    2005 - Rex Ryan's scheme took some time to get used to.
    2006 - Dominant. IMO the best defense the NFL saw since our 2000 defense, and if our QB hadn't shat the bed and the refs not blown a call on Reed who didn't step out of bounds, it's a brand new story in the history books...neither here nor there.
    2007 - defense was hardly a problem, but only half as good as 2006.

    You see my point...it's a who knows thing, really. I could see us having the top defense in the NFL again, why not...we have a dominant DL when healthy (I tihnk Ngata is a legit top 5 talent in the league...) and we certainly have a top 5 LB corps, even if they are aging...(really only Ray is), and our secondary is still very legit.




  12. #60

    Re: Troy Smith edging out competition

    Guys, I really don't post here but I do read a bit.

    About the "40mph gust" of wind that stopped the ball vs. NE, I was also at the game. My seats are in Sec. 124 at about the 20-yd line, so I was right at the end that the play occurred.

    If you ask me I won't say that there was a '40MPH gust' at the exact same time Kyle threw the ball, but i will tell you that throwing the ball from left-to-right that night was pretty much HAZARDOUS because of the wind and the strong gusts thruout the night. In saying that I have to say this postively...


    THE WIND HAD AN EFFECT ON THAT INT PASS!!!


    Could Kyle have stepped into the pass more and given a bit more 'oomph'... sure he could've. However, if anyone that was either at the game or watched it on TV doesn't see how the wind was an integral part of the execution & decision-making OF EVERYTHING IN THAT GAME that night, you're truly looking at things thru different lenses than most.


    For those of you that have the Pats-Ravens game recorded, notice how the offenses & decisions played out when teams went 'with the wind' (going right-to-left) as compared to going 'against-the-wind' (going left-to-right). I think it was a couple of times that teams passed up FG attempts to go-for-it on 4th-down going from left-to-right... the wind was truly a telling factor that night.


    If you want to take things a bit further, in my view the only reason the Ravens had a shot at winning that game that night was because of the weather. The Pats were and are as much a passing-team as any team in the league, yet they were severely hampered because of the blustery conditions. The Ravens were committed to playing a ball-control gameplan, so the wind really wasn't as much of hindrance to them.


    All-n-all, the wind was an influence on much of everything that happened that night... and that definitely includes the 4th-qtr INT by Kyle (which the wind did seem to influence by my recollection).


    Sorry to hijack folks... carry on with the topic at hand.


    .02 fromC DiP




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland