Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Which is better: A hurt SM, or a healthy KB?

I would be really, really happy if we could start beating teams early so we don't need McNair passing for 300 yards a game.

Most of us can see that there is a big difference between a rested McNair and one who seems like his arm is about to fall off.
    This is a novel I was asked to proofread. The author is giving 10% of the profits to kidney research, which is a big deal in the Darb household. Fair warning; it's a fantasy novel, and the main characters are lesbians. It's three bucks on kindle from Amazon.http://www.amazon.com/WINDOWS-BROKEN...ken+fairy+tale

Steve McNair is the savior. Boller is a nice backup option. If Steve gets hurt, we can all hold our collective breath in hopes that Kyle won't A). Trip over his own feet B). Throw a careless pick C). Fumble D). Panic in the pocket

While a quality human being, Kyle Boller is not an NFL starting QB. People used to argue that Redman was the next coming. I don't need to run down the list of Baltimore QB's...suffice it to say that Steve McNair is the first starting QB we've had since Vinny that was a true starter.

Randall Cunningham in his twilight is next on my list of quality QB's we've seen in Baltimore and I still believe that had BB put RC in during the playoff game in PITT that Baltimore would have been in a better position to win.

I don't need to run down the list of Baltimore QB's...suffice it to say that Steve McNair is the first starting QB we've had since Vinny that was a true starter.
    Grbac wasn't a true starter? 4,000 yards and 28 TDs the year before he got here is a fairly convincing argument that he was a pretty good QB.

I believe that Billick is the savior. INTs and sacks both dropped once he took over. TDs and completion % both jumped in the same time frame.
    This is a novel I was asked to proofread. The author is giving 10% of the profits to kidney research, which is a big deal in the Darb household. Fair warning; it's a fantasy novel, and the main characters are lesbians. It's three bucks on kindle from Amazon.http://www.amazon.com/WINDOWS-BROKEN...ken+fairy+tale

I normally would disagree with sitting a QB - even a tired one - at this point in the season, but this is Steve McNair. He's probably feeling a little weird that he hasn't had to sit much. He's a true pro and would have none of the bounce back issues from a week's rest. IMO, he's one of the few QBs lately that you could really say that about. I'd have rested him too. That being said, we shoudln't have to worry much about that the rest of the way.

Is there still a QB controversy?

There never was a QB controversy, at least on this forum. Everybody said McNair should start, it's just that he was actually worse than Boller in the first couple of weeks (statistically anyway) and some of us couldn't understand paying $33 million for the same production. We all said that McNair should remain the starter unless he started losing us games (Bengals game not withstanding because it was late in the year).

Why do people continue giving Jessica Simpson speaking roles?

I believe that if we can get a first round bye we are the odds on favorite to win the SuperBowl. T has already pointed out that there is a two week gap between the Conference Championships and the SuperBowl and getting McNair that much rest/Billick that much time to scheme is a huge coup for us.

Chicken of the Sea Commercials.

In reference to the Grbac comment, don't forget about the O-line in KC. See Priest, Johnson for references.

Oh we've been fussing about the O-line around here for years.

We knew our offensive system was crap, but even I couldn't have guessed how much better the line would look with a decent OC running the show.