Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 25 to 35 of 35
  1. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    21,205

    Re: New M&T Bank Stadium smoking policy



    Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    I am aware of this and I really don't believe what kind of fat your fries are fried in really is about the government making food choices for you. While it is wholly unnecessary, it is also a slippery slope libertarian argument that sounds nice on the surface but really doesn't lead to the government deciding what is on the menu when I go to a restaurant. Let me know when I can no longer eat my peanut butter captain crunch then I will be paranoid.
    Liberty isnt stolen away in one swoop .... its taken away small piece by small piece.

    California had a sugar ban get squashed in committee. If you dont think your side is trying, you need to bone up on your reading.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  2. #26

    Re: New M&T Bank Stadium smoking policy

    Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    I am aware of this and I really don't believe what kind of fat your fries are fried in really is about the government making food choices for you. While it is wholly unnecessary, it is also a slippery slope libertarian argument that sounds nice on the surface but really doesn't lead to the government deciding what is on the menu when I go to a restaurant. Let me know when I can no longer eat my peanut butter captain crunch then I will be paranoid.
    LOL.

    So when it actually bothers YOU then it's ok to question it? Wow.

    Remind me to revisit this in 10 years.

    PP




  3. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Cub Hill, MD
    Posts
    2,455

    Re: New M&T Bank Stadium smoking policy

    I'm not happy that I smoke, and I'd really like to quit, and I have to within the next couple months because I am donating a kidney.
    I wish you luck. Trust me, you don't want your loved ones to watch you waste away and gurgle your last breaths away because of lung cancer. Like I did with my Dad.
    Last edited by camdenyard; 08-12-2008 at 08:32 PM.


    WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012




  4. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Mount Airy, MD.
    Posts
    1,394

    Re: New M&T Bank Stadium smoking policy

    Quote Originally Posted by RavenDavey View Post
    My worth

    The thing that pisses me off about smokers is:

    They think the world is an ASHTRAY by flicking their BUTTS out the window, or DUMPING their car's ashtray onto the curb at a red light.

    If you respect the earth and not treat it like an ashtray....smoke away!!
    Agreed...every street corner has butts in the street...it's disgusting and disrespectful.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998




  5. #29

    Re: New M&T Bank Stadium smoking policy

    I've been kind of an on again off again self loathing smoker for half of the last decade. I'm weird like that. I can quit cold turkey and literally have not one cigarette for a year after simply making up my mind, then casually start back because i miss it or enjoy it from time to time and get back to nearly a pack a day for a year again and quit at once again.

    I actually quit Friday morning after smoking the last one in my pack on my way to work and decided I didn't want to buy anymore at $6 a day or $150 a month. I realize most people don't work that way, so good luck... though to be honest, I think luck has nothing to do with it.
    Last edited by jonboy79; 08-12-2008 at 09:53 PM.




  6. #30

    Re: New M&T Bank Stadium smoking policy

    Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79
    I've been kind of an on again off again self loathing smoker46 for half of the last decade. I'm weird like that.
    I'm not going to agree that you're weird, but you are unique in your on again off again ways. I don't smoke, but several of my best friends going all the way back to high school have, and it's obviously an extremely difficult habit to break. However it's obviously not impossible -- one of my friends did in fact manage to quit (on what was probably his fourth or fifth try), so it can be done. What I've learned is that you can't (IMO) convince a smoker to stop smoking, because they have to want to do it themselves. So for those who want to quit (like someone who is about to donate a kidney -- kudos to you for that), don't feel discouraged.

    With respect to the smoking policy itself, I have mixed feelings about it. As I said before, I don't smoke, but I don't particularly like seeing smokers treated like second-class citizens. I don't have a problem with what I have read so far about the Vault policy, but in some other cases it seems a bit extreme. A sports bar I go to for lunch sometimes in downtown Baltimore doesn't even carry matches for people who want to smoke outside. That's a bit much, IMO.




  7. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tenuous
    Posts
    4,920

    Re: New M&T Bank Stadium smoking policy

    Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    LOL.

    So when it actually bothers YOU then it's ok to question it? Wow.

    Remind me to revisit this in 10 years.

    PP
    Ok so you take the stand that "they" take my trans fatty oils away and that will lead to "them" taking my potato chips away, then my steak away, then my house away, then my wife away and ultimately my soul away. Right? It is all incremental and in 10 years I, the blissfully oblivious one, will wake up to find myself on the streets with nothing left because I should have cared more about the trans fatty oils at McDonalds? That's your argument right?

    So did you care when they robbed you of your "liberty" to use asbestos as an insulator? How about when "they" stole the choice of eating red M&M's with red dye # 13 in it? Are you upset that you no longer have a choice to buy a thermometer with real mercury in it now? Do you feel that "they" are closing in your soul as well? How about the day they robbed you of your "liberty" to express yourself with lead-based paint? I bet that was a tough one. Big government is creeping up...

    I don't buy this libertarian slippery slope. It all sounds really paranoid to me. I listen to Brain Wilson each day for as long as I can before I want to break my radio into bits. Everyday he goes on about how if you vote democrat or republican...anything other than libertarian, then you don't love or understand freedom and liberty. These are arguments he makes as well.

    It's a crock of mierda if you ask me. The government has a long history of restricting items and substances that have a negative utilitarian effect on society. That is a good thing to me.

    By limiting trans-fatty oils which doesn't affect me because I can live w/o fried foods but more than that it will prevent me from paying additional health costs down the road for the uneducated and uninsured individuals that are more likely to eat this crap. It also increases the likelihood that if there are less trans fatty oils in the world, then I will not scrunched in between two obese people on the plane next time i fly.

    But the truth is the government has been limiting things from the beginning so I will look for your argument as to why I should be scared that I couldn't find asbestos shingles when I had my house resided last year. Right? I mean that decision was more than 10 years ago and I still have my soul....and my peanut butter capn' crunch.

    That's my argument. LOL all you want...








  8. #32

    Re: New M&T Bank Stadium smoking policy

    Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    Ok so you take the stand that "they" take my trans fatty oils away and that will lead to "them" taking my potato chips away, then my steak away, then my house away, then my wife away and ultimately my soul away. Right? It is all incremental and in 10 years I, the blissfully oblivious one, will wake up to find myself on the streets with nothing left because I should have cared more about the trans fatty oils at McDonalds? That's your argument right?

    So did you care when they robbed you of your "liberty" to use asbestos as an insulator? How about when "they" stole the choice of eating red M&M's with red dye # 13 in it? Are you upset that you no longer have a choice to buy a thermometer with real mercury in it now? Do you feel that "they" are closing in your soul as well? How about the day they robbed you of your "liberty" to express yourself with lead-based paint? I bet that was a tough one. Big government is creeping up...

    I don't buy this libertarian slippery slope. It all sounds really paranoid to me. I listen to Brain Wilson each day for as long as I can before I want to break my radio into bits. Everyday he goes on about how if you vote democrat or republican...anything other than libertarian, then you don't love or understand freedom and liberty. These are arguments he makes as well.

    It's a crock of mierda if you ask me. The government has a long history of restricting items and substances that have a negative utilitarian effect on society. That is a good thing to me.

    By limiting trans-fatty oils which doesn't affect me because I can live w/o fried foods but more than that it will prevent me from paying additional health costs down the road for the uneducated and uninsured individuals that are more likely to eat this crap. It also increases the likelihood that if there are less trans fatty oils in the world, then I will not scrunched in between two obese people on the plane next time i fly.

    But the truth is the government has been limiting things from the beginning so I will look for your argument as to why I should be scared that I couldn't find asbestos shingles when I had my house resided last year. Right? I mean that decision was more than 10 years ago and I still have my soul....and my peanut butter capn' crunch.

    That's my argument. LOL all you want...
    I love it.

    Talk about making countless assumptions about me and my views.

    YOU mentioned foods and I provided a link.

    So........I responded to something you said.

    If I own a private business, what F'n right does the government have to tell me to stop allowing a LEGAL activity? Don't like the smoke? Leave.

    Just because YOU can live without transfatty oils doesn't mean the government needs to stick their noses into it and tell everyone what they can and cannot eat. You think that's gonna lower your health care costs by preventing obesity for the uninsured and and uneducated? Boy, you've really bought into the shit they are selling you.

    How about instead of passing idiotic legislation like that they actually concentrate on the true evils that are destroying this city. Nah, let's pass stupid stuff like this and tax the people who actually contribute to society and redistribute their hard earned money to the people who don't do a damn thing. And yes, I will laugh out loud about your flying analogy.

    Why doesn't the government just outlaw smoking then? I mean, it's detrimental right? Causes your healthcare premiums to go up? Well, I think you know exactly why something like that will never happen. Because all those people in government that you think do "good things" don't do it for your benefit, they do it for their own.

    I'm not some paranoid person who thinks my soul will be taken. I just don't walk around with my head in the sand.

    PP




  9. #33

    Re: New M&T Bank Stadium smoking policy

    marijuana is illegal everywhere and i can smoke a joint inside the stadium w/o anyone saying anything to me, so i think people are going to be able to get away with taking a couple drags off of a cig.... good luck enforcing this rule, along with the "no swearing or you lose your psl's" rule...

    land of the free huh?




  10. #34

    Re: New M&T Bank Stadium smoking policy

    What really pisses me off is I can only smoke my weed BEFORE or AFTER the game and it has to be in my car or that little wooded area around Lot O, it doesn't seem fair.




  11. #35

    Re: New M&T Bank Stadium smoking policy

    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac View Post
    What really pisses me off is I can only smoke my weed BEFORE or AFTER the game and it has to be in my car or that little wooded area around Lot O, it doesn't seem fair.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland