Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Results 73 to 84 of 106
  1. #73

    Wink Re: Kyle Boller is our Future!



    Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    Good gracious.

    Are we 11-3 or 3-11?
    What does our record that have to do with the price of eggs? We have one of the NFL's best records primarily because of having the best defense. If we had an average defense, we'd be looking at a .500 team with either QB.

    Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    Good gracious.

    We're just gonna have to disagree about the impact McNair has had on this team.
    Agree to disagree. Media hype. Good story lines sell papers. His QB rating is 82.3, just about his 9 year average. 13 TDs, nine interceptions. I credit McNair with being the difference in two wins (Titans & Chiefs) and one loss (Bengals). I fail to see the "impact", especially considering Boller's continued progression, which may have gotten us to the same point, but $33 million cheaper. The bigger impact to the offense has been the protection provided by the OL and now having three quality WRs.


    Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    Good gracious.

    You still seem to be resentful of the guy and I cannot figure out why.

    PP
    Why do you think I'm resentful of the guy? He wears purple, and therefore I support him as much as I do Billick, Ray, Jamal, Heap, etc.

    If there's "resentment", it's towards the front office overspending for McNair in the face of the pending cap hit. This team may have to blow itself up in another year+. That $33 million was a ridiculous amount of $$$ for an average to slightly above average QB. I will be very pissed if we have to let Adalius Thomas go because we blew the cap.
    Last edited by Mista T; 12-18-2006 at 08:03 PM.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).




  2. #74

    Re: Kyle Boller is our Future!

    I need to see a lot more than 2 home games against 2 pretty mediocre/bad defenses, at home, and w/o the deflected TD's.
    In fairness, tipped passes for TD's aren't exclusive to Boller this year.

    Now, again RIW, I agree with you that he's not Steve McNair. But McNair was a young guy too once, and his experience of course makes him the better QB. There is no disputing that.

    I'm not for replacing McNair with Boller in the slightest. Just like I wouldn't depose Boller when he was the QB, McNair is my guy as long as he's in purple. And he IS the better choice of the two to win the Super Bowl.

    But PP's question to me also was do I think Boller could step in and take us deep into the playoffs. My answer remains the same. Given the fact the Ravens on the offensive line and at receivers are far and away better than Boller had in 2004, and OL wise in 2005, and given Boller's home record? I would be ok with Boller having to come in for an injured McNair and getting the job done.

    However, I don't think Boller will just be another Trent Dilfer. Dilfer's only claim to fame was 2000 Baltimore. From there Dilfer went on to Seattle and Cleveland, and couldn't hold a starting job either place, and now where is he?

    There is going to be a coach that is going to look at Boller and believe they can work out his stumbling issue. I would say one definite would be Jim Fassel, but I believe the odds of him ever getting a head coaching job in the NFL is about -5.




  3. #75

    Re: Kyle Boller is our Future!

    Well, nobody gave up on Trent either. Remember, Trent was drafted higher than Boller and started for years in Tampa and even made the Pro-Bowl one year.

    Boller is still young, and who knows when it comes to young guys, but it's not like people knew Dilfer was gonna stagnate as well...Dilfer...in his 3rd/4th year either.

    Nobody knows...it's just my opinion. I just need to see him do it on the road and I'm not discounting those deflected TD's...they just don't happen every day ya know? It's sorta like I don't automatically blame the QB for INT's when the ball is deflected.




  4. #76

    Re: Kyle Boller is our Future!

    And I very much respect that opinion man. I don't begrude what you're saying at all.

    The question to me has always been "CAN" he. Many people, including me, thinks he CAN. He's got a cannon, and wheels, and he's starting to gain that pocket presence that allows him to throw these 42 and 77 yard strikes, or get out of the pocket and know when to run or when to throw the ball away.

    It's stuff I believe Steve McNair is teaching him, if nothing else just by watching. Boller said post-game he watched when McNair ran the same play to D-Will and took note of what the safety was doing on it so he could look for the same thing when they scored the TD. There is no way you learn that from Anthony Wright.

    It's the matter of WILL he. I would like to see him succeed. I only know a couple of people that want him to fail. But that will always be in his hands.




  5. #77

    Re: Kyle Boller is our Future!

    DARB said - people like PP and Trap bash Boller every day.
    No I didn't. See.
    It's the people like Trap and PR who bash the guy no matter how he plays that make us question their loyalty.
    Wow, this is kind of awkward.

    On the one hand I do admit a certain fiendish pleasure when I prove you... people... wrong yet again.

    On the other hand it would be tacky of me to start mocking those with disabilites.
    This is a novel I was asked to proofread. The author is giving 10% of the profits to kidney research, which is a big deal in the Darb household. Fair warning; it's a fantasy novel, and the main characters are lesbians. It's three bucks on kindle from Amazon.http://www.amazon.com/WINDOWS-BROKEN...ken+fairy+tale




  6. #78
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Eastern Shore
    Posts
    1,807

    Re: Kyle Boller is our Future!

    agree with Cleric and Duffy. to whom has he been throwing to these last few years, Travis Taylor and Qadry Ismael? and the line has been awful. I'm happy for McNair's success, but he's been inconsistent and slow at the start. I would love to see McNair stay thru next year and gradually give way to Boller, who could be here the next 10 years or so. and don't think a lot of other teams wouldn't take him.
    10 years from now Boller vs Anderson could be a perennial matchup.
    and no, Boller isn't a finished work, but with this much help he should be able to get in a comfort zone and do well.




  7. #79

    Re: Kyle Boller is our Future!

    Quote Originally Posted by TRAP View Post
    DARB said - people like PP and Trap bash Boller every day.
    ______________________________________________________________

    Ravens gave him more chances than Earl gave his ex wife
    Aaaah. The old "Alan Wiggins" line. (Earl Weaver, talking about Alan Wiggins: "I gave him more chances than my ex-wife".)

    As far as Boller being the QB of the future, I honestly just don't see that. I wish he could figure out how to harness the power of his arm with the calm, poised leadership that Steve McNair brings to the table. In fact, in a way, I wish we could use BOTH of them at various times, but I'm a realist -- I know it's never going to happen. In lieu of that, what I sense is that Kyle Boller will ALWAYS show flashes of brilliance, tempered with bouts of clumsiness, nervous poor decisions, too happy feet, and too unhappy team mates, coaches, and fans. I wish him well wherever he ends up. I'm glad we have him now as a backup. But I see KB more like an Eli Manning rather than a Payton Manning.

    GO RAVENS!!!
    Last edited by skaybaltimore; 12-19-2006 at 11:46 PM.




  8. #80

    Re: Kyle Boller is our Future!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tex Ritter View Post
    Skaybaltimore: you got it right with your take on Boller. However, it won't make you very popular on this forum. They tend to put people who think that way on ignore like the majority have done to me.
    Aw, man...does that mean I won't be winning the Sally Fields "They like me...they really really like me" award? Dayam. I had such high hopes.



    But seriously...thanks for the "buzz". It doesn't surprise me. But I've lived this long speaking my mind, whether it floated anybody else's boat or not. I figure, I'm not going to change now. I did think, however, that as long as opinions were expressed civilly, the back/forth exchanges were cool. If not, oh well...

    Mista T...can't a neutral neither Boller Hater nor Boller Hugger get a big phat HELL YEAH?

    (cuz if not, den I pitydafool)



    GO RAVENS!!!




  9. #81

    Re: Kyle Boller is our Future!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tex Ritter View Post
    They also seem to disappear when McNair is kicking ass, only to resurface after he got hurt and their boy was able to help beat a patchwork Browns team which had nothing to play for but pride.
    OK, now we got a different problem here. Did you say "Browns team" and "pride" in the same sentence. Because if you did, then I totally missed that connection.



    GO RAVENS!!!




  10. #82

    Re: Kyle Boller is our Future!

    But seriously...thanks for the "buzz". It doesn't surprise me. But I've lived this long speaking my mind, whether it floated anybody else's boat or not. I figure, I'm not going to change now. I did think, however, that as long as opinions were expressed civilly, the back/forth exchanges were cool. If not, oh well...
    Just for the record there is a HUGE difference between your posting your opinions, pro or con, and Tex Ritter. There is a reason we all have him on ignore. There's a reason no one likes him.

    Seriously, your best bet is not to emulate him. It's not about whether you like Boller or not. It's when you start to run it into the ground and hijack other threads that we'll start to rain down on you. Until then, you're all good skay.




  11. #83

    Re: Kyle Boller is our Future!

    Thanks, sting. It's all good from my perspective too. (With the possible exception of those non-USA regular season games. LOL. I'm definitely NOT down with them at all. But that's an entirely different can of worms. Heheheheheh)

    GO RAVENS!!!




  12. #84

    Re: Kyle Boller is our Future!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tex Ritter View Post
    Actually, I thought the Browns (all things considered) did not play that badly. Derek Anderson actually showed me a lot of poise facing the number one defense in the NFL with so little game experience. The Browns actually played us tougher than the Steelers did. They must have been playing for pride (or maybe their jobs next season) as what other incentive did they have?

    BTW, nice to have someone responding to my posts even if you do disagree with my comment on the Brownies!
    In truth, I have nothing agasint the Browns team at all. However, after hearing several Browns fans on their scout.com board talking up MORE Ravens' players getting hurt, I found their fanbase, in general, to be vile. But as for the team, I thought they put up a stronger fight that I expected. I was impressed at times with Anderson, and even more surprisingly, with KWII and JJ, especially after getting JACKED UP and still holding onto the ball. But honestly, they were no match for us this year, especially in our house.

    GO RAVENS!!!




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland