Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: O'Reilly after Obama interview:

It is such a non-issue now I do not think they will even pursue it.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

not the black baby thing, they'll go after the fact that he hired the guy that came up with it to strengthen the argument that mccain is just running for bush's 3rd term.

Oooooh. I misunderstood. I think you are referring to the fact that Pres. Bush's press writer wrote Palin's speech. I think that is common knowledge. The dems can use it. At least that is relevant to making their point. Democrats SHOULD use it.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

I do not disagree that it is going to be taken the wrong way. I do not think the impact is going to be in the millions though. Let's say though, that the count is in the millions, shortly down the line, one of the two candidates will do or say something even more ill-though-out, and this will be gone like a fart in the wind.

I have seen the whole video. Like I said, I agree that there is clearly going to be an impact. But honestly, those people who will lash out at Obama, were most likely not going to vote for Obama anyway. Obama has a solid corps of supporters and the likelihood of any of his supporters retracting their vote is truly slim to none. Now, the undecideds might take a closer look and decide Obama might not be for them. On the other hand, the McCain camp needs to be careful with this as well. I am a registered republican as I have stated. This type of campaigning is really goofy. Painting Palin as a victim detracts from the tough-woman persona she is trying to portray. That alone is sexist in itself. Why does she need to be the victim? Because she is a pretty white woman?

I am playing devil's advocate here. I am sure my fellow republicans will disagree with me on this one. But it is what it is. Which is counter-productive to the message of strength from a woman VP candidate.

Where did you get these numbers? The TIMES subs, I can believe that. The Times is a P.O.S. paper. Palin is absolutely being painted as a victim. She is being conveyed as a victim of sexist remarks, which I completely disagree with. How is that so crazy to believe TRAP?