Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Houston Chronicle Reports

Seriously Fuck the NFL this is the biggest fuck up I have ever heard of, this could cost us a decent season
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco

Everyone needs to relax, its not a big deal. We have alot of guys that could use a rest right now. I rather have the bye now.

Quote Originally Posted by crpravens View Post
    Everyone needs to relax, its not a big deal. We have alot of guys that could use a rest right now. I rather have the bye now.
    Are you crazy, we now have 3 straight road games and no rest for the remainder of the season.....you are crazy, oh and 5 out of those 6 weeks on the road now seriously fuck the NFL

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco

I hear what you're saying CRP, but tell me how it's fair that we lose our bye, get 3 straight road games, and 5 out of 6 on the road because of this? (and Houston gets 4 straight home games)

No way is anyone gonna convince me that this is in the best interest of the team.

Blog Entries

i'll only defend the move in that it would've taken a monumental effort to either repair Reliant Satdium (and let's examine the irnoy here...RELIANT Stadium didn't hold up...) or get another venue ready for the matchup on Monday.

That said, any fan who ventured down to Houston for the game just lost a ton of money, and I think this puts us (and to some extent Houston) in a crappy position.
    FOR REED, BIRK, BOLDIN, RAY, ART, TEVIN, OJ, and BALTIMORE...
    SUPER BOWL 47 CHAMPION RAVENS!!!!!!

"We don't make it easy, but that's the way the city of Baltimore is, and that's the way we are. We did this for them back home." - Joe Flacco, Super Bowl 47 MVP

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

It's not truly a bye though. The Ravens put in a weeks worth of work for nothing. They don't get that week off like every other team in the NFL will.

Exactly it's not a bye. They didn't have the luxury of relaxing after their last game. Now they have to study the Cleveland Browns, with as much prep time as a regular season matchup.

The Ravens just got a huge shaft right up the ass. Thank you Goodell, for your pathetic decision making back on Thursday. Asshole.

we need to get his email somehow and blow that shit up with emails expressing how fucked up this is

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco

Disagree completely, this is a bad time to get this bye week. We played really well last week and we got some really good momentum going with our rookie QB and head coach. Considering how badly the Texans played last week against the Steelers this was a prime opportunity to build some momentum and get off to a flying start in our new era. That opportunity has been robbed from us and if the wheels fall off later this season our coaching staff now don't get the opportunity to take to weeks to stop the skid. I think it's far tougher to maintain momentum through a bye than it is to halt momentum through a bye. Coach Harbaugh has just been thrown a massive curveball and 15 straight weeks without a bye is going to be a big test of him in his first season. Worst of all is that we don't get a proper bye week, yes we're not playing a game, but we haven't had the usual bye week practice schedule, the guys have been going full out to prepare for the Texans rather than taking the first two or so days off as you usually get for bye week practice. This team isn't going to get a break this year and I'll be stunned if that doesn't bite us in the arse at some point this season.

Blog Entries

not to mention, I think this will hurt Flacco's development...

Granted, Houston has a good D, but now he's got:

Cleveland
    Pittsburgh
    Titans
    Indy

Pitt, Titans, and Indy will all be tough matchups. Cleveland's D was soft week 1, but they could have enough time now to adjust and give us problems. Plus now Flacco will have one less game under his belt for the Pitt game. The only benefit I can see is that he has an extra week to digest the playbook, so we might be able to have him open it up a bit more against Cleveland.
    FOR REED, BIRK, BOLDIN, RAY, ART, TEVIN, OJ, and BALTIMORE...
    SUPER BOWL 47 CHAMPION RAVENS!!!!!!

"We don't make it easy, but that's the way the city of Baltimore is, and that's the way we are. We did this for them back home." - Joe Flacco, Super Bowl 47 MVP

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by Beerracuda View Post
    HoustonRaven - The NFL Gets ALL the blame here. People here in Baltimore, some with weather experience, some without, were mostly saying that they didn't think it was a good idea to schedule a game in Reliant so close to a major hurricane event. Too many things could go wrong. Despite what political figures might have said about Reliant, there's always the possibility of power outages and circumstances that aren't agreeable to an NFL game at that time. That's putting it mildly. The size and power of this storm should have thrown up red flags at NFL central, and they should've done anything they could to move this game away from the area. They didn't, and I have a feeling we're gonna get fucked on this one.

Point is, if virtual nobodies like me and others here in Baltimore can see the potential problems nearly 2000 miles away, why can't the NFL? Face it, it was a stupid decision on their part.
    Monday Morning QBing doesnt make for a great argument. Believe me, I feel your frustration and hate the fact we dont have a legit bye weke now. But lets call a spade a spade.

Minua all the hype you get from the media, ALL the reports had Houston being in relatively decent shape. The stadium has a dedicated power supply and has power as we speak. The stadium IS ready to go, minus the roof issue. You mention the "size and power" of this storm. Hate to break it to you, but here in the city proper it was not that bad, minus power outages and the water issues. Dont confuse what you see on the news about Galveston and apply it to the city limits.

Folks here are blaming the county 100% on this. Reason being we know our officials and how their efforts to muck up our lives any chance they get.

People here are pissed the game was moved -- after the night of wind and seeing a beloved landmark burn to the ground, they need something to get their minds off things. And I bet that's what the league had in mind as well.

The league had to make a decision based on the best info available. What they got was VERY bad info.

In any event, this whole argument makes me feel petty after everything that has gone down. Just glad I have a team to root for and cant wait for the Browns game!
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerracuda View Post
    HoustonRaven - The NFL Gets ALL the blame here. People here in Baltimore, some with weather experience, some without, were mostly saying that they didn't think it was a good idea to schedule a game in Reliant so close to a major hurricane event. Too many things could go wrong. Despite what political figures might have said about Reliant, there's always the possibility of power outages and circumstances that aren't agreeable to an NFL game at that time. That's putting it mildly. The size and power of this storm should have thrown up red flags at NFL central, and they should've done anything they could to move this game away from the area. They didn't, and I have a feeling we're gonna get fucked on this one.

Point is, if virtual nobodies like me and others here in Baltimore can see the potential problems nearly 2000 miles away, why can't the NFL? Face it, it was a stupid decision on their part.
    Damn, I hate it when I'm right.... sheeessh!!!