Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 26

Thread: Week 2 bye!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Severna Park
    Posts
    124

    Week 2 bye!



    wtf? i cant believe we're gettin the shaft like this. a week two bye and now three straight road games in november. i cant wait!




  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Owings Mills
    Posts
    1,647

    Re: Week 2 bye!

    and 5 of 6 weeks on the road now, the NFL really does hate us
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

    Section 126, Row 33




    Lets Go Flacco




  3. #3

    Re: Week 2 bye!

    Quote Originally Posted by Rayvens52 View Post
    and 5 of 6 weeks on the road now, the NFL really does hate us
    I am not sure they care about us. Think if the Giants or Jets were the team the Texans were playing the game would be in NY. If you think otherwise, think back to the Saints and Giants. The integrity of the schedule did not matter than.




  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Perry Hall
    Posts
    2,874

    Re: Week 2 bye!

    What a joke. Thanks NFL.




  5. #5

    Re: Week 2 bye!

    this is a fucking joke....




  6. #6

    Re: Week 2 bye!

    15 games in a row and our 'bye week' has been spent practicing thinking we were playing this week. Bollocks.




  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Solomons Island, MD
    Posts
    371

    Re: Week 2 bye!

    Would you expect anything else from the NFL in regards to the Ravens?

    I said it several times yesterday, if this was the Patriots, or Cowboys, or Colts, etc, the game gets moved to a different site and played Monday. Because we are the Ravens who nobody cares about outside of our area, we get screwed. I can't imagine how Bisciotti, Ozzie, and Harbaugh could possibly be ok with playing 15 straight weeks of football, not even including the 5 of 6 on the road thing.
    ''You'd love to go on the first day but I'm glad for the situation I'm in,'' he said. ''Baltimore knows how to play defense.''




  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    605
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Week 2 bye!

    Quote Originally Posted by 73doubledown73 View Post
    wtf? i cant believe we're gettin the shaft like this. a week two bye and now three straight road games in november. i cant wait!
    Not only 3 road games in November, check the schedule:

    10/12 @ Indianapolis
    10/19 @ Miami
    10/26 Oakland
    11/2 @ Cleveland
    11/9 @Houston
    11/16 @NY Giants

    5 road games out of 6. Before this happened, there were 4 road games out of 5, but at least the bye week was in there. Now.....
    As I have written elsewhere, I don't think you'll find a schedule like this in the history of the NFL. With one stroke, our season may have been deep-sixed. But nobody but us cares about that.




  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    605
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Week 2 bye!

    Quote Originally Posted by RavenFanatic2k6 View Post
    Would you expect anything else from the NFL in regards to the Ravens?

    I said it several times yesterday, if this was the Patriots, or Cowboys, or Colts, etc, the game gets moved to a different site and played Monday. Because we are the Ravens who nobody cares about outside of our area, we get screwed. I can't imagine how Bisciotti, Ozzie, and Harbaugh could possibly be ok with playing 15 straight weeks of football, not even including the 5 of 6 on the road thing.
    I don't imagine that Bisciotti, Ozzie and Harbs ARE Ok with it. It must have been forced on them because at this late stage it's impossible to move the game. We have been forced to take the worst possible bye week and give up a very favourable bye. I'm totally in agreement, and have posted as such in another thread, that this would NOT have happened to those teams you mentioned. The NFL doesn't give a shit about the Ravens.




  10. #10

    Re: Week 2 bye!

    The BYE weeks start week 5 so its 3 weeks (at least) before every other team
    Last edited by SHORTTRACK; 09-13-2008 at 06:07 PM.




  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    605
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Week 2 bye!

    Quote Originally Posted by SHORTTRACK View Post
    The BYE weeks start week 5 so its 3 weeks before every other team
    I didn't even know that. This thing just gets worse and worse......




  12. #12

    Re: Week 2 bye!

    Profootballtalk.com stated that the Texans wouldn't play the game anywhere else but Reliant Stadium. Since when do beggers get to be choosers? We need to email the Commissioner of football and complain. Stand up for what is fair and proper.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland