Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Get Rid of, or Trade Ray Lewis

The question is what to do when he wants major $ to resign. He is still a great player, team guy and potential coach. How much is his next contract?

Quote Originally Posted by duffybr View Post
    The question is what to do when he wants major $ to resign. He is still a great player, team guy and potential coach. How much is his next contract?

IMO you pay him like one of the Top 5 LB in the game, since that is what he is, and you give him a 3 or 4 year deal which is what he says he has left in him, and i believe it.
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco

I can't even imagine Ray Lewis in another uniform...

It would probably trigger my PTSD and cause me to go on a rampage in Owings Mills!

Letting Ray go would be one of the dumbest moves possible.

When he retires I completely expect him to become a part of the front office or better the coaching staff, unless he doesn't want to.

Given his ability to motivate, playing or not, i can't see him being anything other than a coach.

maybe i'm a dreamer.

I heard this all off season long from quite a few fans on here and on the radio People forget how Ray Lewis can motivate and inspire average players like Ed Hartwell and others...They also tend to forget that Ray Lewis, by himself, can change the momentum of a game with one play...
    Been hearing that crap for years from people who would rather have a 4th round pick in return. Year after year ray produces at a high level, F Y'all who dont believe in Ray

I can't even imagine Ray Lewis in another uniform...
    So true, I cant imagine him ever playing for someone else and god forbid if he did get traded or simply left, i really wouldnt take that very well. I might punch an unsuspecting kid in the back of the head
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray...
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

Everyone who knows me knows full well when Ray retires (or god forbid goes somewhere else) I'm taking bereavement leave from work...
    Keeping the purple flowing way out on the West Coast!

I don't recall anyone saying Ray couldn't play at a high level anymore. Most of the arguments I recall had to do with his selfishness, putting himself before the team and acting like a complete brat ('05) the last time he wanted an extension. I am glad he decided to act like an adult this time around, at least on the surface.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayvens52 View Post
    Yup I would love to see one of those people come on now and still try and make that argument.
    I'll play...

He's playing great this year in a contract year. He's also been around for 12 years now...he's certainly not done, but he doesn't have 5 more years left, either. He's going to want a ton of money. Also, regardless of his public image, he really is an asshole. Yeah, he does charity work...all players do, they have agents/managers who find the work for them and tell them where to go.

Ray's playing great this year...he's what..34? Will he be worth being the highest paid defensive player in the NFL at age 35? I'm not so sure that that is the case...i'd rather let him sign elsewhere and make a play for Boldin with the freed up money.

Quote Originally Posted by Tspot-D-Ravenator View Post
    Get rid of, or trade Ray Lewis while we can still get something for him..He's old and he's slow and he's not the player he used to be.. Let's put this to rest!!

I heard this all off season long from quite a few fans on here and on the radio People forget how Ray Lewis can motivate and inspire average players like Ed Hartwell and others...They also tend to forget that Ray Lewis, by himself, can change the momentum of a game with one play...

Fact: Ray Lewis is a game changer RAY LEWIS BIG HIT <click
    sorry...one more point...I wouldn't say Ray "motivated a mediocre player" in Ed Hartwell...Hartwell was a GOOD player who had his best year when Ray was injured and he REPLACED Ray in the lineup, you know, when Ray wasn't even showing up to games on the sideline...if anything Mike Nolan inspired him...Hartwell resented Ray Lewis. Anyway, Hartwell's career, unfortunately for him, was hindered badly by some pretty horrid injuries.

Hey crazyraven, I'm in for punching kids out for Ray Lewis, I just think it'd be a good way to meet Ray (he wouldn't be happy with us). We'll even do it in Ray Lewis style. You (Ray/D) hold his ears back, and I (our 96-07 O) take as many shots as i can in an hour and hope in get him once maybe twice.

But now with Cam Cameron When Ray pins ears back, we run the ball right into the end zone. Ray has got to be a happy man. Year after year Ray leads our D to being the best and now with us being about to get in on the ground with our 3 backer system its great!

Nothing but smiles from me
    What you talkin' about Willis?

Blog Entries

This discussion is far from over... we will have it for a while yet... the reason is age. Happens to every player, just noticed a lot more when they are/were one of the all time greats.

I think we can agree that the SB MVP Ray is gone. His field range has been shrinking year to year, but he is still a major impact with the range he has left, and experience has compensated a little for speed.

The heart of the matter seems to be, how much of the cap is he worth, and for how long? Questions that can't really be answered without hindsight.

Can we/do we want to see him elsewhere? Never. Those of us who have been around, remember Charger Unitas, Ram Namath, Cheif Montana, something we don't want to see with Ray, but a historical reality with others.

If we resolve TSizzle, is there a possibility of franchising Ray? That would give him a big payday without future cap hit. While it may p*ss him off, it still is a flattering compliment on current (this year only) value.
    I don't think we will really know how things are going to resolve until the $$$ that Ray wants and the $$$ Ray will settle for are out in the open.
    I love Ray, but am a Raven fan ahead of a Ray fan, it is all about the whole team, and so the discussion continues....

It's funny how some people pretend they know what type of person Ray Lewis "really" is...

UNLEASH THE BEASTS!!!!