Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 30
  1. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    1,232

    Re: Is "Flack" Ready for PrimeTime?



    Flacco has got the 2nd running game and the #1 overall defense on his side. Plus, two of their DL starters are out. And right now, Pitt's O-line isn't looking too good.

    But according to Stealer fan, our D is "decrepit", "the Ravens suck", and we have no chance. I've been trying to reason with them (politely of course, hehehehe :-D) not to take us lightly, but they're just hard-headed. Oh well, I just they'll have to learn the hard way.
    Lady Raven (aka Slinky)

    *the poster formerly known as Raven31

    Save The Last Dance (1/6/2013) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzZbWHjyqJY

    Mile High Miracle (1/12/2013) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21ugOF34jhA




  2. #14

    Re: Is "Flack" Ready for PrimeTime?

    I just hope that Once we WIN on Monday that we are still not respected as the Great Team We ARE! Since we always do better as the DAWGS!

    However, in the event of a loss I would hope that we show even more PRIDE in the RAVENS the following days so that we can GET READY FOR TENN!!!!

    Baltimore Just RANKED 10th most valuable NFL Team... Maybe (lol) that is because of US LOYAL BALTIMORE FOOTBALL FANS!!! (you think they could give us a discount beer night as a Thank You?)


    "It is not how you play the game that matters... It is Winning The Super Bowl that counts"... Rumor Ray

    Baltimore Has 9 Pro Football Championships!
    Baltimore Colts [NFL] in 1958, 1959, 1968, and 1970
    Baltimore Stars [USFL] in 1985
    Baltimore Stallions [CFL] in 1995
    Baltimore Ravens [NFL] in 2000 and 2012
    Baltimore Mariners [AIFA] in 2010




  3. #15

    Re: Is "Flack" Ready for PrimeTime?

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Just the opposite of Sting ...

    I worry about Flacco because of those two awful pics he threw -- both in double coverage and in the trick play he held on too long.

    The O line has been holding up great.

    I just hope Ray is right and he doesnt have those same mistakes.
    I just can't blame him for that second pick. Should he have run? Maybe. Maybe he fumbles getting hit and the Browns get the ball at midfield instead of the 20.

    The Browns were not fooled.

    And Flacco made some other GREAT throws Sunday. I'm not worried about his decision making just yet.


    And no, I will not turn on him if he has a bad game.




  4. #16

    Re: Is "Flack" Ready for PrimeTime?

    Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    I just can't blame him for that second pick. Should he have run? Maybe. Maybe he fumbles getting hit and the Browns get the ball at midfield instead of the 20.

    The Browns were not fooled.

    And Flacco made some other GREAT throws Sunday. I'm not worried about his decision making just yet.


    And no, I will not turn on him if he has a bad game.
    I expect Flack to have his share of "rookie-QB-thrown-into-the-fire" games and for me, unless he experiences a complete meltdown of Velveeta/Chris Redman proportions, I will still remain optimistic about his chances of becoming the best Baltimore-bred QB since Bert Jones.

    I felt that given the TD he ran against the Bungholes after the play broke down, it was sort of a step backwards tossing up that second INT, especially to a vertically-challenged WR. Just a slight brainfart, but one that I don't expect to see again.

    Hopefully, the kid can toss for a couple of scores Monday...Having that option being acknowleged by opposing defenses would REALLY open up the floodgates for our offense!




  5. #17

    Re: Is "Flack" Ready for PrimeTime?

    On the second interception I don't know how much time he really had to make a decision. The play took so long to develop and McGahee's throw to him was poor. When he was watching the play evolve he probably saw Mason was open, but by the time he caught the ball and got his feet under him it was to late. He was just trying to get the ball off as fast as he could at that point without reading the defense.

    I think when you use these gadget plays sometimes you have to take the bad with the good. He basically tossed the ball almost 70 yards in the air and it was underthrown. I don't know how much more time he could have taken.




  6. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    So Cali
    Posts
    774

    Re: Is "Flack" Ready for PrimeTime?

    Once I saw that play I just kept thinking ... just 2-3 more feet (if that) and no one but Mason would have gotten that one...
    Keeping the purple flowing way out on the West Coast!




  7. #19

    Re: Is "Flack" Ready for PrimeTime?

    Quote Originally Posted by MrPoeJangles View Post
    On the second interception I don't know how much time he really had to make a decision. The play took so long to develop and McGahee's throw to him was poor. When he was watching the play evolve he probably saw Mason was open, but by the time he caught the ball and got his feet under him it was to late. He was just trying to get the ball off as fast as he could at that point without reading the defense.

    I think when you use these gadget plays sometimes you have to take the bad with the good. He basically tossed the ball almost 70 yards in the air and it was underthrown. I don't know how much more time he could have taken.
    I pretty much gave him a free pass on that one, but it just irked me a little.

    I really think he has an excellent opportunity to mature into the Real McCoy behind what appears to be a resurgent offensive line...




  8. #20

    Re: Is "Flack" Ready for PrimeTime?

    I hope he's ready. I anticipate he will take a lot more hits than he has in the previous two games; Pittsburgh will throw all kinds of different looks at him. Hopefully he's ready for it. The key will be the ground game and the play action that follows.

    I will keep my fingers crossed, but he is perfectly capable of going out there and stinking up the joint.
    Festivus

    His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.




  9. #21

    Re: Is "Flack" Ready for PrimeTime?

    Cam Cameron is a smart coach. They will do their best to establish the running game and take time off the clock. Flacco will not be passing all night. I look for 15-20 passes tops. They will do their best to work with Joe's abilities and what he does well. The key to the game is the offensive line and the defensive line. Both need to do well and everything else will take care of itself.




  10. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Southern PA
    Posts
    4,758
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is "Flack" Ready for PrimeTime?

    Everyone on here has to remember that Flacco faces all our exotic looks from our own awesome D. He will see what the Steelers will do because I'm sure they threw the book at him during practice this week....Will he screw up? Probably. But I think he'll be as prepared as he can be.......




  11. #23

    Re: Is "Flack" Ready for PrimeTime?

    Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    Everyone on here has to remember that Flacco faces all our exotic looks from our own awesome D. He will see what the Steelers will do because I'm sure they threw the book at him during practice this week....Will he screw up? Probably. But I think he'll be as prepared as he can be.......
    I agree, but remember: PRACTICE ain't GAMETIME...

    The Squeelers will be coming after our rook with, ahem..."Malice in their Hearts"... Let's hope he's up to the challenge!




  12. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CECIL COUNTY
    Posts
    626

    Re: Is "Flack" Ready for PrimeTime?

    The kid can and will handle it,hand the ball off and throw it no more then 15 -20times
    Your Local Embroidery and screen printing Company..
    Cecil Countys Number 1 Raven Fan




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland