Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 25 to 36 of 45
  1. #25

    Re: I'm starting to lose respect for Mason



    Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    PP, what they guy wrote was pure speculation. It was just that, a "rumbling". And it was emphasized when he said:
    [/QUOTE]That's the way it's gone down in the past when Marvin has sulked about being "under-appreciated."[/QUOTE]

    Cmon Stinger.

    It was reported earlier this season that Marvin was pissed. He had 1 TD through 5 games and that's when this stuff started to surface.

    The above quote certainly shows, to me at least, that Harrison has been unhappy in the past as well..

    Again, I could do without what Mason said. But Im not gonna start throwing him under the bus because of it either.

    This town is too thin skinned about EVERYTHING. We've had these conversations before. Just listen to talk radio. After the Bengals loss, you would've thought this team wasn't making the playoffs. It goes on and on and to me, this is just another example. He didn't call out anyone. His voiced some frustration.

    I will certainly be critical of him if he doesn't play 100%. But he's too much of a professional for that.

    And like I said before, I think he's gonna have a big impact in the playoffs.

    PP





  2. #26

    Re: I'm starting to lose respect for Mason

    PP, again it was REPORTED. There is no quote from Harrison, like we have with Mason. And reported while Marvin was in the middle of another record setting year? And you're telling me to come on?

    I'll tell you this, if Marvin Harrison has been unhappy with the last 8 years, than he is worse than TO and Randy Moss put together.

    As for Mason, throwing him under the bus is a little harsh. But at the same time, it's a little frustrating to hear him make those kind of comments publically in a 12-3 season when we're one game from clinching a first-round bye, because it makes him look selfish.




  3. #27

    Re: I'm starting to lose respect for Mason

    Sigh.

    OK dude.

    You wanna get on Mason, go ahead.

    I was just pointing out that even guys that have good reputations (like Harrison and Mason) aren't all hunky dorey all the time.

    Again, this guy's quote:

    "That's the way it's gone down in the past when Marvin has sulked about being "under-appreciated."

    The guy specifically said how Marvin has sulked about being under-appreciated in the past. Is he lying? I guess he could be but that's a pretty bold statement if he's completely making it up.

    "Since I already stand accused of dwelling on the negative, and at this late hour nobody else is going to scoop us on this, I advised my colleagues and particularly columnist Bob Kravitz that Colts receiver Marvin Harrison was an unhappy camper during this game. Harrison walked off the field, a la LeBron James earlier this NBA season, to the locker room as the Colts were kicking a last-second field goal to finish the first half. Harrison was obviously upset with not getting more balls thrown his way. The future Hall of Fame receiver caught one pass for eight yards the whole game. Dispirited for much of the night, he sulked at the left end of the Colts’ bench. His body language spoke volumes. I mention this now because it’s what some will be talking about later today when the spotlight returns to the Colts’ complex. Some will suggest we, as reporters, are making too much of it. But is it too much to ask from a great receiver that he share in the victory and not pout because he didn't have a great night? Our history with Harrison has always been touchy at best. He’s dissed us after catching three touchdowns in a game. That’s just him. He doesn’t want to talk about what he does. He wants his play to speak for himself. But his actions weren’t exactly professional this night. It took away from going 10-1.


    My point is that this shit happens alot but for some reason people in this town can't accept it. Imagine if Mason walked off the field like that. People would FREAK out.

    Again, Im not agreeing with what Mason said or condoning it.

    We're just going in circles now. The only play this quote is getting is on here between us. It's just not a big deal IMO.

    PP
    Last edited by purplepoe; 12-30-2006 at 11:19 PM.




  4. #28

    Re: I'm starting to lose respect for Mason

    I'm not "getting on" Mason. He made a comment that didn't sit right with me. That's not "getting on" him. I'm not out here saying cut the guy or bench him or whatnot.

    And as for that guy, he is speculating. If you think he's the only reporter out there that makes bold statements that aren't exactly "accurate", you never read Mike Preston. Marvin Harrison has NEVER TO THE PRESS voiced displeasure with the Colts. There is no quote anyone can link to of Marvin Harrison saying any such thing, which BTW was my original point. And there is no reason for him to, he's once again statistically one of the better receivers in Football. So if he's somehow complaining, then he's worse than T.O.

    I don't listen to other people telling me what someone is saying. I listen to the person that actually said it.




  5. #29

    Re: I'm starting to lose respect for Mason

    if you believe ray voiced displeasue it isn't so hard to see Marvin doing the same. for example the phrase no comment never was scuntized so intenesely before right here in baltimore. quietly they both got there messages accross without saying a word...which is what I initially brought up about marvin. the guy is a pro, but if he isn't getting the ball, he gets the word out one way or the other.




  6. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Columbia, Maryland
    Posts
    1,179

    Re: I'm starting to lose respect for Mason

    Quote Originally Posted by crazyraven View Post
    I know I've seen little snippits of Marvin not being happy about not getting looks. I did a quick search and found this . There has been some pouting from him.



    http://sports.aol.com/whitlock/nfl/_...07111409990001


    The article does not say "a week after alleged rumblings from Marvin Harrison," it says a week after rumblings. It speaks as fact that Marvin was complaining, but it must not have been a big deal. Same in this situation. Yiu cannot begrudge a player that wants to be more involved.

    As Aaron Wilson said on his show yesterday morning, "the players are okay with what Mason said, so us fans should be okay." We fans are making this more of a distraction than the situation calls. It is not as if Mason spit on someone or fell asleep during a team meeting.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!




  7. #31

    Re: I'm starting to lose respect for Mason

    Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    I'm not "getting on" Mason. He made a comment that didn't sit right with me. That's not "getting on" him. I'm not out here saying cut the guy or bench him or whatnot.

    And as for that guy, he is speculating. If you think he's the only reporter out there that makes bold statements that aren't exactly "accurate", you never read Mike Preston. Marvin Harrison has NEVER TO THE PRESS voiced displeasure with the Colts. There is no quote anyone can link to of Marvin Harrison saying any such thing, which BTW was my original point. And there is no reason for him to, he's once again statistically one of the better receivers in Football. So if he's somehow complaining, then he's worse than T.O.

    I don't listen to other people telling me what someone is saying. I listen to the person that actually said it.
    He's not speculating that Marvin Harrison walked off the field before the team had kicked a FG.

    Maybe you've got a bad taste about all reporters because of Preston. I dunno.

    This conversation has spun into something way deeper than what it really is. You weren't one of the people who freaked out. I understand the fact that his comments didn't sit well.

    Im just trying to point out that this isn't a big deal or something that's quite honestly even out of the ordinary.

    PP




  8. #32

    Re: I'm starting to lose respect for Mason

    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleRulz View Post
    The article does not say "a week after alleged rumblings from Marvin Harrison," it says a week after rumblings. It speaks as fact that Marvin was complaining, but it must not have been a big deal. Same in this situation. Yiu cannot begrudge a player that wants to be more involved.
    PurpleRulz. Please Go back and read what I quoted and what I wrote. I agreed with the poster who said there were no quotes-- just rumblings.

    Anyway here is an article about Harrison Leaving early before a halftime kick. At first Dungy said he wasnt aware of it and the a day after Tony OK'd Marvin for leaving early for having a muscle "treated". Which story do you buy?

    http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl...611290473/1034


    Again, Marvin is great. Classy guy and the whole nine Yards but dont throw the ball to him he can get upset. ----Look Mason was just blowing off steam and trying to get attention. What else is new with receivers.




  9. #33

    Re: I'm starting to lose respect for Mason

    Stinger, I'm with you on this one, as far as it being just the WRONG TIME to be voicing ANY dissension, and ESPECIALLY making mention of "someplace else". By the same token, I don't think you're even remotely talking about throwing him under the bus, and neither am I. It's just a fan's appropriate response to: "NOT NOW, Man. This is NOT the time to be mouthin off to the media in ANY way that is not TEAM ORIENTED. This is the launching pad to the playoffs, and the thing that won us the Super Bowl in 2000 was TEAM PLAY and TEAM UNITY, more than any player or coach, as far as I'm concerned. And this is the time to start pumpin up the TEAM aspect, NOT the individual aspect.

    GO RAVENS!!!




  10. #34

    Re: I'm starting to lose respect for Mason

    Quote Originally Posted by skaybaltimore View Post
    Stinger, I'm with you on this one, as far as it being just the WRONG TIME to be voicing ANY dissension, and ESPECIALLY making mention of "someplace else". By the same token, I don't think you're even remotely talking about throwing him under the bus, and neither am I. It's just a fan's appropriate response to: "NOT NOW, Man. This is NOT the time to be mouthin off to the media in ANY way that is not TEAM ORIENTED. This is the launching pad to the playoffs, and the thing that won us the Super Bowl in 2000 was TEAM PLAY and TEAM UNITY, more than any player or coach, as far as I'm concerned. And this is the time to start pumpin up the TEAM aspect, NOT the individual aspect.

    GO RAVENS!!!
    This team is on the same page.

    It's us the fans who are talking about it, not them.

    I bet they couldn't give 2 shits about it.

    PP




  11. #35

    Re: I'm starting to lose respect for Mason

    Funny, Poe...I don't recall anyone here being named Derrick Mason. It was NOT the fans that initiated this -- it was MASON HIMSELF. So WTF are you even talking about? If it wasn't on his mind, then why did he open his mouth in the first place? You're entitled to your opinion, but your opinion doesn't have the power to change REALITY. And reality is, the whole thing was started by Mason, and it was THE WRONG TIME FOR HIM TO SHOOT OFF HIS MOUTH. I don't care HOW competitive he is. Or WHAT justification he had, or thinks he had. And regardless of any of that, for you to try and twist this around to something the FANS started is absurd. You're just way off on this one, man.

    GO RAVENS!!!




  12. #36

    Re: I'm starting to lose respect for Mason

    Quote Originally Posted by skaybaltimore View Post
    Funny, Poe...I don't recall anyone here being named Derrick Mason. It was NOT the fans that initiated this -- it was MASON HIMSELF. So WTF are you even talking about? If it wasn't on his mind, then why did he open his mouth in the first place? You're entitled to your opinion, but your opinion doesn't have the power to change REALITY. And reality is, the whole thing was started by Mason, and it was THE WRONG TIME FOR HIM TO SHOOT OFF HIS MOUTH. I don't care HOW competitive he is. Or WHAT justification he had, or thinks he had. And regardless of any of that, for you to try and twist this around to something the FANS started is absurd. You're just way off on this one, man.

    GO RAVENS!!!
    Who said it was the fans who initiated it? Certainly not me.

    Im talking about some fans' reaction to it.

    Go re-read your fuckin post and then read mine all of mine on this thread. Did I say it wasn't on Mason's mind? No. I said I could do without his comments as well. I just don't think it's a big deal.

    So take it easy with putting words in my mouth.

    You wanna talk about reality? How about the fact that this has gotten ZERO play anywhere else besides a few message boards. It was a little add-on to Aaron Wilson's story. If it were anything of substance, it would've been a headline or at least at the top of his or any other article. But it wasn't. That's the reality. And THAT is what I am talking about.

    Quote Originally Posted by skaybaltimore View Post
    your opinion doesn't have the power to change REALITY.
    No shit, really?

    PP




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland