Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 19
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tenuous
    Posts
    4,920

    Letterman's Top 10 Reasons for Palin



    I can't think of moment more capturing of who is Sarah Palin.

    Everyone has probably seen the turkey farm interview by now. Here is Palin with another attempt at hogging (with lipstick) media attention. She goes to a turkey farm to celebrate the notion of pardoning a turkey. In the background there is a guy putting live turkeys through some kind of industrial grinder.

    I really am not an animal activist, I eat meat, I think hunting is a good thing when the meat is used and I blew up plenty of frogs with firecrackers when I was a kid. But really? Sarah? Don't you think it would be better to maybe have Trig or Willow or Bristol or Breezy Meadow feeding the live turkeys or petting them gently in the background? And maybe not having them put through the meat grinder?

    Even more ironic is in her best yet - defensive and poor ol' me tone saying something about how "THEY" will probably find a way to criticize me even doing this interview! Well duh....Caribou, you are pardoning turkeys while others are being grinded live....on t.v. Do you just think that maybe....just maybe that would open you up to some criticism?

    Anyway, letterman sums it well. #4 is the best and probably how she would answer for real.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0dWB...sandliars.com/








  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    21,542

    Re: Letterman's Top 10 Reasons for Palin

    Yawn.

    A liberal lampooning a staunch conservative. How original.

    What you dont get, Galen, is this is a badge of honor among conservatives.

    Keep em coming!
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tenuous
    Posts
    4,920

    Re: Letterman's Top 10 Reasons for Palin

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

    What you dont get, Galen, is this is a badge of honor among conservatives.

    Keep em coming!
    yeah you are right. Damn. I keep forgetting that honor among conservatives does not include intelligence, awareness and competence. Instead it praises mediocrity and someone I could see myself having a beer with. I will keep trying.

    Thanks for reminding me of that...I think i have been listening too much to the President-elect lately and keep floatimg on that pink-cloud of intelligence and articulateness.








  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    21,542

    Re: Letterman's Top 10 Reasons for Palin

    riiiiggghhhtttt
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Southern PA
    Posts
    4,670
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Letterman's Top 10 Reasons for Palin

    Quote Originally Posted by Barack Obama

    "It was usually an effective tactic, another one of those tricks I had learned: (White) People were satisfied so long as you were courteous and smiled and made no sudden moves. They were more than satisfied, they were relieved -- such a pleasant surprise to find a well-mannered young black man who didn't seem angry all the time."


    "The point I was making was not that Grandmother harbors any racial animosity. She doesn't. But she is a typical white person..."
    Barack Obama hates white people....




  6. #6

    Re: Letterman's Top 10 Reasons for Palin

    [QUOTE=HoustonRaven;111527]Yawn.



    What you dont get, Galen, is this is a badge of honor among conservatives.

    ]

    And the reason conservatives keep getting more and more out of touch with reality, and the rest of the country




  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    21,542

    Re: Letterman's Top 10 Reasons for Palin

    Quote Originally Posted by Rochardrik View Post
    And the reason conservatives keep getting more and more out of touch with reality, and the rest of the country
    Oh please.

    Dont equate a GOP loss as some sort of indictment on conservatism, not matter what the NYT tells you.

    The GOP lost because THEY lost tough with conservatism.

    The country goes in cycles and, rest assured, conservatism will make a come back.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tenuous
    Posts
    4,920

    Re: Letterman's Top 10 Reasons for Palin

    [QUOTE=Rochardrik;111718]
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Yawn.

    What you dont get, Galen, is this is a badge of honor among conservatives.

    And the reason conservatives keep getting more and more out of touch with reality, and the rest of the country
    What it is really is is a case of narcissism on HR's part. Because you, HR, say that Palin is not vacuous then that must be the case. That you say it so we believe it. That the right-media keeps making the case that Palin is a viable candidate so somehow the left is unable to acccurately assess her.

    Everyone saw the interviews, the debate and all the other drama that followed her and her family.

    And roch is right....as long as the right thinks they can make Palin viable simply because THEY say she is when evidence (something the right despises) says the opposite, then the right will never turn out of the dead-end they created for themselves.

    Your badge of honor is a serious case of narcissism and like any true narcissist, your narcissism makes it impossible to see your disease. So you will come back with another response how the left just doesn't get it meanwhile we will be replacing our 1-20-09 bumper stickers with "Blame me, I voted for That One" bumper stickers and watching the country gain back its economy, dignity and international respect.








  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    21,542

    Re: Letterman's Top 10 Reasons for Palin

    Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    What it is really is is a case of narcissism on HR's part. Because you, HR, say that Palin is not vacuous then that must be the case. That you say it so we believe it. That the right-media keeps making the case that Palin is a viable candidate so somehow the left is unable to acccurately assess her.

    Everyone saw the interviews, the debate and all the other drama that followed her and her family.

    And roch is right....as long as the right thinks they can make Palin viable simply because THEY say she is when evidence (something the right despises) says the opposite, then the right will never turn out of the dead-end they created for themselves.

    Your badge of honor is a serious case of narcissism and like any true narcissist, your narcissism makes it impossible to see your disease. So you will come back with another response how the left just doesn't get it meanwhile we will be replacing our 1-20-09 bumper stickers with "Blame me, I voted for That One" bumper stickers and watching the country gain back its economy, dignity and international respect.
    Wow. Nothing more then a wordy name-calling session.

    No narcissism. Just a good grasp of history.

    Pride comes before the fall. So you keep right on with your bumper sticker switches, your diagnoses and your political chest-thumping. All one needs to do is take an honest look at the 1970's to see what is coming for your side. It took the likes of President Carter to give the country 12 years of GOP rule.

    Thank God that politics is one giant cycle.

    I am not in a position to say whether or not Palin is a viable candidate in 2012 -- just as your team had no clue (minus Hillary) who was viable back in 2004. You've never heard me say she was or was not viable. But what you and others on your side do in spades is underestimate the resolve of conservatism.

    Conservatives have been dealing with the "stupid" moniker for decades now. This is nothing different.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tenuous
    Posts
    4,920

    Re: Letterman's Top 10 Reasons for Palin

    Quote Originally Posted by TRAP View Post
    The economy will swing back in a year or two and the DEMs will get credit.
    probably...like when Clinton cleaned up the republican mess. Now that republicans have screwed it up again, it will be Obama that comes into clean up the mess. Kind of interesting. Then again it is the republicans that are fiscally sound? or so we have been led to believe. Again, take a look at the evidence.








  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Southern PA
    Posts
    4,670
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Letterman's Top 10 Reasons for Palin

    Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    probably...like when Clinton cleaned up the republican mess. Now that republicans have screwed it up again, it will be Obama that comes into clean up the mess. Kind of interesting. Then again it is the republicans that are fiscally sound? or so we have been led to believe. Again, take a look at the evidence.
    Laughable...the current political mess has both parties' stamp of approval. To say the Dems don't have their hands in it is simply asinine.




  12. #12

    Re: Letterman's Top 10 Reasons for Palin

    [QUOTE=HoustonRaven;111737]Oh please.

    Dont equate a GOP loss as some sort of indictment on conservatism, not matter what the NYT tells you.

    The GOP lost because THEY lost tough with conservatism.

    The country goes in cycles and, rest assured, conservatism will make a come back.[/QUOTE
    ***************************************************************
    I go back to an argument(discussion) you and I had months ago. In case you hadn't noticed, the basest of our society are calling themselves conservatives, because they think it means it's dictionary definition. These people wish to turn back the hands of time, and live in the fifties. They have NO idea what conservatism means politically, and the furthrence of Sarah Palin's career would only bolster their cause. If this happens, The party and the ideal will be lost for a while.. quite a while!... When Hank Williams Jr. does a song about Palin to the tune of why do I drink...............it's a family tradition.... well...'nuff said, and if the party can't read the tea leaves, then it deserves to become a casualty of the "selection process"




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland