Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Re: I am a sports fan in general

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post

LOL youre debating that truism with a simplistic insult LOL

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    LOL youre debating that truism with a simplistic insult LOL
    You can't "debate" a "truism." A truism is something you are assuming is true. If your assumption is wrong, your whole argument is defective.

But you are most welcome here, with your classic troll tactics. It gives us something to do.

I'm not bothering to do your research for you, but I'm going to guess our offense put up more points this season then the offenses led by some of the veteran quarterbacks who made the playoffs. Dare to check?
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    You can't "debate" a "truism." A truism is something you are assuming is true. If your assumption is wrong, your whole argument is defective.

But you are most welcome here, with your classic troll tactics. It gives us something to do.

I'm not bothering to do your research for you, but I'm going to guess our offense put up more points this season then the offenses led by some of the veteran quarterbacks who made the playoffs. Dare to check?
    We had 385 pts, they had 375.....

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post

None of that matters. my point is there is no true consistancy due to parity. it doesnt matter who has what numbers. if a team can go to the superbowl with a rookie QB it means there are weaknesses league wide. and no one is trolling- lame slang for internet freaks- I am going to a sports fan site bringing up a topic most do not ponder in their myopic fandom. Hey, I am a sports fan too. and if the Ravens go and win,- big deal- it doesnt change my life or yours. I am bringing another topic to a sports conversation. I aint here to insult anyone. Just because what I bring up cant be fathomed it shouldnt be referred to as trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    We had 385 pts, they had 375.....

whos they ?

Blog Entries

whos they ?
    The Titans.

None of that matters. my point is there is no true consistancy due to parity. it doesnt matter who has what numbers. if a team can go to the superbowl with a rookie QB it means there are weaknesses league wide. and no one is trolling- lame slang for internet freaks- I am going to a sports fan site bringing up a topic most do not ponder in their myopic fandom. Hey, I am a sports fan too. and if the Ravens go and win,- big deal- it doesnt change my life or yours. I am bringing another topic to a sports conversation. I aint here to insult anyone. Just because what I bring up cant be fathomed it shouldnt be referred to as trolling.
    So stop watching the NFL if you don't like the way its going.
    I assure you the league will survive.
    And with that I have given you 30 seconds more thought than you ever deserved.
    Actual user comment from a yahoo sports article:

On this given sunday you will witnesses why we'll called steeler nation!!!

8. Re: I am a sports fan in general

by the way- I own a replica Ravens jersey with my name on the back. its an older jersey with the full Raven on the sleeve.
    So did you make this statement as part of your initial post in hopes that maybe you would be cut some slack?

If your takes are moronic, we'll let you know that whether you're wearing a Raven Jersey or not.

Anyway, Flacco is talented and the Def- is good/ great but to have a team go this far with a rookie QB just makes the league look pathetic in this weak free agency parity era.
    Yup, bet you were saying the same thing when some dude from the Arena league who couldn't make it in the NFL originally showed he did in fact have talent afterall.

But I honestly dont think the Ravens will win next week and if they do it just proves the league is weak.
    Bahahahahahahaha!!!!

Comments like this tell me that any opinion of yours on here are as useless as an offensive coordinator working for Buddy Ryan.

seriously a rookie QB getting this far doesnt really make the league look good.
    Why, because he's not on your team?

What doesn't make the league look good is the so called talent evaluators and so called "experts" who didn't think he could do it.

That, and "fans" like yourself who are misguided that think he shouldn't be doing it.

when a team can rely almost entirely on its def- to win games. it means the league sucks.
    Is that you Mike Martz?

Dude, I'm sorry, but every post you make here seems to be more moronic then the last!!

How about you take that comment on over to the Steelers board and see how they feel about it.

at some point you have to produce points- ultimately its not Defense that wins, its scoreing more than the other team
    As long as it's not the defense scoring the points or creating the opportunity for the offense to score with more ease, right?

After the Packers won the Superbowl in 96/97 the league has gradually gone down in quality of play to the point where you dont need an offense to win. theres no true developed team work. no true consistancy.
    Translation...
    My team sucks ass and gets its collective asses kicked constantly because we don't play defense real well.

If I had my way, I'd change all the rules so they were geared towards complete offensive success and take away the salary cap so they could load up on all the high quality offensive players.

None of that matters. my point is there is no true consistancy due to parity.
    I think you would be far better served to being a baseball fan then trying to pose as an NFL fan.

Something tells me you run around with a baseball cap on your head displaying an "NY" or a "B".

if a team can go to the superbowl with a rookie QB it means there are weaknesses league wide.
    No shit sherlock!!!

That's what makes the NFL so great.

Teams are forced to build in a way they think best serves them to be able to overcome their own weaknesses while being able to take advantage of the oppositions.

They kind of put this little thing in there called the salary cap forcing you to have to do this.

I aint here to insult anyone. Just because what I bring up cant be fathomed it shouldnt be referred to as trolling.
    I agree, I don't particurally see you as trolling either.
    However, your mere presence here with this load of Ram dung your spewing is an insult to me regardless of how clueless you apparently are.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Great post Fanatic!!!!! I was going to reply to this nagative "sports fan" but, you beat me to it. I think you covered everything pretty well....drink for you my friend...

about the ravens jersey- I was just letting you know I am sports fan who owns sports stuff

as far as the rest. all you did was sling insults for each quote. You havent proven or disproven anything.

and no, I dont put the Rams in a seperate category. Warner having talent has nothing to do with wether the league is weak due to parity. I am a Ram fan- that doesnt mean I wont challenge the quality of the product.

about the ravens jersey- I was just letting you know I am sports fan who owns sports stuff

as far as the rest. all you did was sling insults for each quote. You havent proven or disproven anything.

and no, I dont put the Rams in a seperate category. Warner having talent has nothing to do with wether the league is weak due to parity. I am a Ram fan- that doesnt mean I wont challenge the quality of the product.
    Get it right.

What Fanatic posted what a point by point rebuttal to the nonsense of what you posted.

My post was the one that was slinging insults in your general direction.

We're good like that.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

None of that matters.
    Right, I understand better than you think I do. While none of your premises and assumptions are supported by facts, we are expected to be persuaded because you are using a device you call a "truism."

I get it. Do you?

Just because what I bring up cant be fathomed it shouldnt be referred to as trolling.
    I don't call people trolls just because I don't agree with (or understand) them.

A troll is, at least traditionally, a person who on a message board takes a contrarian position on a sensitive issue, and defends that position with non-logic. Also a troll can not normally be bothered to support his contrarian position with facts. So, here you are on a Ravens message board with the argument that the Ravens are inherently unworthy. When pressed with facts on any of the assumptions from which you built your argument, you abandon your own arguments freely, telling people they are not understanding you. If the shoe fits. . .

I don't care if you're a troll or not, like I said, I've enjoyed this thread. But you're wrong, and you haven't written anything to demonstrate that you're right, and you're the one who was making the argument.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.