Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 15
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tenuous
    Posts
    4,920

    SI cover this week



    I was wondering what team would make the cover:

    The Eagles beat the defending champs,
    The Ravens beat the AFC #1 seed,
    Arizona makes it to the NFC Championship for their first time,
    The Steelers beat an 8-8 team that at one point was 4-8...yes 4-8

    the cover is....drum roll, please..............



    Of course the steelers...who else? Please. "Living Large"? Thats a joke. They beat the Chargers.








  2. #2

    Re: SI cover this week

    Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    I was wondering what team would make the cover:

    The Eagles beat the defending champs,
    The Ravens beat the AFC #1 seed,
    Arizona makes it to the NFC Championship for their first time,
    The Steelers beat an 8-8 team that at one point was 4-8...yes 4-8

    the cover is....drum roll, please..............



    Of course the steelers...who else? Please. "Living Large"? Thats a joke. They beat the Chargers.
    I'm guessing its because they are targeting the largest fanbase left in the playoffs. Or it could be because they are the highest seed still in the playoffs. If the Ravens win this week, Flacco or the Defense will be on the cover no doubt, but they have to prove they can beat the Steelers with this group first.




  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Scaggsville, MD
    Posts
    755

    Re: SI cover this week

    Happy to see it guys, the SI cover jinx will live on this Sunday!




  4. #4

    Re: SI cover this week

    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Happy to see it guys, the SI cover jinx will live on this Sunday!
    I knew someone would say that




  5. #5

    Re: SI cover this week

    Quote Originally Posted by Steelmember View Post
    I'm guessing its because they are targeting the largest fanbase left in the playoffs. Or it could be because they are the highest seed still in the playoffs. If the Ravens win this week, Flacco or the Defense will be on the cover no doubt, but they have to prove they can beat the Steelers with this group first.
    Agreed. Personally- it makes sense. Picking from any of the other upset teams would be tough. Pittsburgh was the only favorite to prevail. That said, I'd rather it be them on the cover than us.

    Don't give us any reason to lose the "perceived slights" from the media in the locker room. An SI cover could ruin it all!
    "Sorry officer, nothing wrong here. I'm just watching the Ravens game!"




  6. #6

    Re: SI cover this week

    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Thunder View Post
    Agreed. Personally- it makes sense. Picking from any of the other upset teams would be tough. Pittsburgh was the only favorite to prevail. That said, I'd rather it be them on the cover than us.

    Don't give us any reason to lose the "perceived slights" from the media in the locker room. An SI cover could ruin it all!
    Haha, "But Ray, we aren't disrespected! We made the cover of SI!!!".




  7. #7

    Re: SI cover this week

    Nate Washington has some hops.




  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Sparks, MD
    Posts
    621

    Re: SI cover this week

    Glad we can still play the disrespect card on occasion -- I didn't feel right until I turned on ESPN countdown and saw everyone except TJ vote for the Titans . .

    Well SI devoted had 3 out of the 4 wild card winners the week BEFORE on the covers -- the only missing team was the Ravens !

    I'll be fine if we hit the cover once we win the Super Bowl




  9. #9

    Re: SI cover this week

    Yea, if the Ravens finally are good enough to actually win a game against these guys - they've lost the last 3 out of 4 contests - then we should make the cover on our way to Tampa, which is all that matters anyway. If not, they'll become couch potatoes just like the rest of us and watch the game within the comfort and safety of their cozy little lounge chairs.
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton




  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bel Air, MD
    Posts
    148

    Re: SI cover this week

    Would you expect any other team on the cover. With the Colts and the Patriots out of the playoffs the next darling team is the Steelers, they deserve it as are the top seed left in the playoffs. I would had to re-word the cover a little bit, because I don't see them as the unstoppable team. I think Ben should be on the cover for Madden football next year- talk about cover jinx!
    Want some... come and get some!




  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    OCMD
    Posts
    460

    Re: SI cover this week

    Don't they usually do multiple covers for this sort of thing? I seem to recall them doing four separate covers for the final four in the NCAAs for example.
    .
    .

    There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarrely inexplicable…

    There is another theory which states that this - has - already - happened…



    "We don't have a town drunk...we all take turns..."




  12. Re: SI cover this week

    I know why they picked the Steelers.

    But isn't the most disrespected team the Cardinals???
    No one picked them to get out of the first round.

    I'm sick of all the waiting. When will Sunday get here????




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland