Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Re: Any McNair apologists still out there?

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Here's a hint.
    Don't bother asking your gut. It's even dumber than you are.
    Is it your time of the month, darb?
    I BLEED RAVEN PURPLE!!!

Nah, I just have very little respect for hypocrites.
    This is a novel I was asked to proofread. The author is giving 10% of the profits to kidney research, which is a big deal in the Darb household. Fair warning; it's a fantasy novel, and the main characters are lesbians. It's three bucks on kindle from Amazon.http://www.amazon.com/WINDOWS-BROKEN...ken+fairy+tale

??? I thought you were on my ignore list. ???

I'll answer your question if you can answer mine. When have I ever said Boller will be a good/great QB?

And just because I love proving how little you know in every one of these little talks, in regards to the whole "accuracy flaw, mastered blah blah blah "statement, you want to take a wild guess at what McSaviors completion percentage was after his first (roughly) 1,000 pass attempts?

Little hint for ya Skippy. Bollers is 3 tenths of a percentage lower.

Before you attempt to have a serious conversation with me, remember to be able to back up all your statements with facts. Thanks.
    This is a novel I was asked to proofread. The author is giving 10% of the profits to kidney research, which is a big deal in the Darb household. Fair warning; it's a fantasy novel, and the main characters are lesbians. It's three bucks on kindle from Amazon.http://www.amazon.com/WINDOWS-BROKEN...ken+fairy+tale

Who cares what McNair's percentage was his first 1,000 pass attempts?

After that statement right there I almost wanted to shoot myself.

The point is that most players in the NFL follow a normal career arc. Most players have something to learn before being 100% sucessful in the league.

McNair improved over time, as will Boller I think, whether or not he's a starter or a backup.

Its only because he's a QB for a Baltimore team that he can't get a fair shake.

There are very few players, QB or not, that come in ready for how intense the NFL is and how much it is a thinking man's game. There is tons to learn.

So, when Darb refers to McNair's early completion percentage, its referring to the idea that he too evolved.

But in any case, its not suprising to me that a staunch McNair defender would decide to ignore stats and try to pull an arugment out of thin air or near pure conjecture.

Who cares what McNair's percentage was his first 1,000 pass attempts? Unless it was with the same receivers OL,Ravens offense and common opponents, that Boller was using it is totally irrelevant.
    Care to look at this years numbers then?

Would that make it relevent?

Apparently, you don't like either Boller or McNair which is fine.
    Actually I'm fairly ambivalent towards Boller. I refuse to make a call either way on the kid because I've seen what this team can do to a 4,000 yard passer.

I invite every one of you... people... to go back and look at the stats before Boller got here. Then blame everything on him.

I would ask if you could really be this stupid, but you've proven time and again that you can.

Ask one of your buddies to explain what I meant by "this years numbers".

I'm done talking to you.

The problem with the internet is that who knows what age Tex Ritter is.

We could be talking to a 12 year old for all we know.

Or someone who is functionally a 12 year old, perhaps.

Its like when he posts is totally ignore the post he's responding to and make no attempt to try to comphehend and/or assimilate anything that been said.

Anytime your attempt to reference stats = "i know the stats on Boller suck" you know the level of complexity he is working on.

That said I think it'll be interesting next year to see what happens with this offense. At this point, if Mason stays, I have a gut feeling that he has a preference (that he can't admit) for Boller at QB. Regardless of stats, the game gets played on the field alhtough Boller's stats for like his last 10-12 games are decently impressive, despite Tex Ritters yearnings. It'll be interesting to see whether this pattern continues if he gets chances in relief of Mac9

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    I would ask if you could really be this stupid, but you've proven time and again that you can.

Ask one of your buddies to explain what I meant by "this years numbers".

I'm done talking to you.
    It's the blackraven mode of defense. Ignore the questions, try to change the subject and hope no one notices.

So who's turn is it this week to slap Tex around?

Is there anyone in their right mind who wants Boller to start over McNair?

Yes, there are some people. I am one of them (the few, maybe), after a putrid 170 yds and 2 INTs in a home playoff game where he has the crowd behind him and a week to rest.

Its like asking the question of whether there are any women out there who would prefer you over your like 50 or 60 year old dad.

And the answer would be yes. Yeah, while you dad probably makes more money than you, is a bit older looking and distinctive, far more calm and experience, perhaps he's past his prime? Physically, he can't do it anymore?

Maybe you want someone with potential that people can grow with?

Or maybe you just want someone who cares.

I've said it once and I'll say it again:

At the end of all this, Steve McNair retires a Tenessee Titan. End of story. His legacy doesn't depend on us, nor will it ever; He's in an elite club of mobile QBs who have passing stats and rushing stats AND W-L to back up his history.

I wouldn't mind someone in there who is hungy, and who can and will take the fucking shots down the field.

Quote Originally Posted by ClericBlackDave View Post
    Yes, there are some people. I am one of them (the few, maybe), after a putrid 170 yds and 2 INTs in a home playoff game where he has the crowd behind him and a week to rest.

Its like asking the question of whether there are any women out there who would prefer you over your like 50 or 60 year old dad.

And the answer would be yes. Yeah, while you dad probably makes more money than you, is a bit older looking and distinctive, far more calm and experience, perhaps he's past his prime? Physically, he can't do it anymore?

Maybe you want someone with potential that people can grow with?

Or maybe you just want someone who cares.

I've said it once and I'll say it again:

At the end of all this, Steve McNair retires a Tenessee Titan. End of story. His legacy doesn't depend on us, nor will it ever; He's in an elite club of mobile QBs who have passing stats and rushing stats AND W-L to back up his history.

I wouldn't mind someone in there who is hungy, and who can and will take the fucking shots down the field.

Ummm, nevermind.

PP

PurplePoe, how do you explain away such a putrid game?

Additionally, it seems as though McNair has problem with Indianapolis / a Cover 2 scheme. Is that going to suddenly get better, being that he's only getting older and more geriatric day by day?

I mean, whatever. Writing off anything I say works in your mind, and thats ok.

But if I wanted to see 170 2 INTs and a Loss, I'd at least want to see that from the homegrown product, not the supposedly calm under pressure vet that was supposed to do better than that.

And, for the record, I don't think Boller would have performed like that. It would have been far more herky-jerky but far more explosive, like rex grossman for the bears.