Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 229
  1. #13

    Re: Any McNair apologists still out there?



    Manning didn't play much better than McNair today, his team just won the game...

    It's an if's and but's game...

    McNair, as a whole package over the course of an entire season is better than Boller, clearly. Yet, in one game, he is capable of being pure shit...we've seen it a few times (including Oakland, San Diego until the last drive and Cleveland).

    Perhaps Boller would have given us a better chance to win today, btu remember McNair was getting pressured left and right...all Boller would have done, IMO, is been sacked 5 more times, and thrown an extra pick. But who knows.





  2. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Now live from Pittsburgh for work
    Posts
    6,839

    Re: Any McNair apologists still out there?

    Quote Originally Posted by RavensNTerps View Post
    Manning didn't play much better than McNair today, his team just won the game...

    It's an if's and but's game...

    McNair, as a whole package over the course of an entire season is better than Boller, clearly. Yet, in one game, he is capable of being pure shit...we've seen it a few times (including Oakland, San Diego until the last drive and Cleveland).

    Perhaps Boller would have given us a better chance to win today, btu remember McNair was getting pressured left and right...all Boller would have done, IMO, is been sacked 5 more times, and thrown an extra pick. But who knows.
    Timing, the running game, and the playcalling. Made all the difference. With how well Jamal ran today, you have to put most of it on timing and playcalling.




  3. #15

    Re: Any McNair apologists still out there?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sephy View Post
    Timing, the running game, and the playcalling. Made all the difference. With how well Jamal ran today, you have to put most of it on timing and playcalling.
    We had 4 turnovers. Blaming the head coach is absurd.

    He did not call in the "Heap fumble" play, or any of the "bad interception" plays.
    Festivus

    His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.




  4. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    In your head
    Posts
    444

    Re: Any McNair apologists still out there?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sephy View Post
    Agreed. It is puzzling how a guy can play so good for 13 games, and so poor for 3.
    The problem is he didn't play great for 13 of those games. He was average to poor in many. His inability to throw down field at this point in his career is a playoff killer.

    The turnovers that several of us pointed out would be a problem came true as well.




  5. #17

    Re: Any McNair apologists still out there?

    I'm still a huge McNair fan given the other options at QB and the Ravens don't owe McNair 33 million. I guess people throw that figure out there to try and strengthing their argument. The Ravens are on the hook for 3 years at 20 million. Complaing about Mcnair at QB when all you have is Boller in the chute is akin to complaining about driving a '75 Corvette Stingray when your other option is a '74 AMC Pacer.




  6. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    In your head
    Posts
    444

    Re: Any McNair apologists still out there?

    Quote Originally Posted by RustonRifle View Post
    I'm still a huge McNair fan given the other options at QB and the Ravens don't owe McNair 33 million. I guess people throw that figure out there to try and strengthing their argument. The Ravens are on the hook for 3 years at 20 million. Complaing about Mcnair at QB when all you have is Boller in the chute is akin to complaining about driving a '75 Corvette Stingray when your other option is a '74 AMC Pacer.
    Please check the stats for both players this year and I think you'll see your analogy is very, very far off the mark.




  7. #19

    Re: Any McNair apologists still out there?

    Quote Originally Posted by RavensNTerps View Post

    Perhaps Boller would have given us a better chance to win today, btu remember McNair was getting pressured left and right...all Boller would have done, IMO, is been sacked 5 more times, and thrown an extra pick. But who knows.
    Or maybe he would have coolly sidestepped the blitz and thrown a long pass downfield for a TD like he did in the Cleveland game. I don't know, and I'm not saying that McNair shouldn't have been our QB this year or that 13-3 wasn't due in a large part to McNair's presence this year.


    However, personally, I think Boller learned a LOT from McNair this year, and would like to see a totally open QB competition in TC next year. I really think that Kyle is ready to be a top notch NFL QB. He has the tools, and I think if morons who call themselves "fans" would stop attacking him for not being perfect and giving him his due when he deserves it, along with a little fucking support for the QB of what they claim is their football team, he'd be OK mentally too. This is his 4th year, which is when most QBs bloom. He's finally had a year of learning from a veteran. 5 out of his last 6 game's he's looked SB caliber. I think he can do it.




  8. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Pasadena, Maryland
    Posts
    844

    Re: Any McNair apologists still out there?

    I think after all the fans have a chance to let their emotions calm down. Yes McNair had a bad day. However a Heap fumble early set the tone. The bad call by the refs that Reed was out of bounds on the INT. LOOK THINGS DIDN'T GO WELL BUT THE OL WAS OFF ALSO AND THE RUNNING GAME NEVER REALLY GOT STARTED. We had a great season and we made the playoffs. For now McNair is still our answer until Kyle gets better or we get another QB.

    Be safe to everyone in the off season and please still show your RAVENS pride.



    SPORTS STEVE





  9. #21

    Wink Re: Any McNair apologists still out there?

    You don't like $33 million? Sorry, but that's the amount of his contract. About a $7 million cap hit. Spin it any way you want: we are stuck with his multi-million cap hit for 2007, for the NFL's 14th ranked QB.

    Quote Originally Posted by RustonRifle View Post
    Complaing about Mcnair at QB when all you have is Boller in the chute is akin to complaining about driving a '75 Corvette Stingray when your other option is a '74 AMC Pacer.
    The more correct analogy would be driving your broken down '56 Edsel, running on its last cylinder and ready for the scrap heap, to a new electric car that has potential to take you places, but hasn't been adequately tested.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).




  10. Re: Any McNair apologists still out there?

    You know what else is absurd? Throwing the ball from shotgun at the 5 yard line. They have the WORST run D in the league. If Jamal doesn't get in, we at least get a chance for 3, and somewhat boosts the players confidence. That first McNair pick set the tone for the whole game. They went down that field for nothing.

    Also, WTF was Billick thinking throwing the damn ball on 1st and 2nd down, when we were down by only 6 at that point??? Our run game was doing well, and he basically ran the offense like Fassel! Jamal was doing well against their defense, so why not continue? Stick to what works. The passing game DIDN'T WORK.
    Pittsburgh's all rusty, Cincinnati's a jungle, and Cleveland's gone to the dogs.




  11. #23

    Re: Any McNair apologists still out there?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    You don't like $33 million? Sorry, but that's the amount of his contract. About a $7 million cap hit. Spin it any way you want: we are stuck with his multi-million cap hit for 2007, for the NFL's 14th ranked QB.
    .

    I try and deal with facts. It's 32 million BTW.

    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2478265


    The contract signed by quarterback Steve McNair with the Baltimore Ravens is for five years with a maximum value of $32 million, but from a practical standpoint, the deal for the former Tennessee Titans star is structured more as a three-year contract that will pay him $20 million.
    Even if the Ravens were to keep McNair around for 5 years at 32 million it's a better deal than Kyle Boller at 5 years -20 million plus a first and second round draft pick.

    Steve Young made a point early in the year. "Once a quarterback gets 30 starts in this league you see what you're going to get". I'd agree but you don't have to.


    What's next, the Ravens owe Jamal Lewis 26 million? It's all good T.
    Last edited by RustonRifle; 01-14-2007 at 11:50 AM.




  12. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Norwich, England
    Posts
    2,081

    Re: Any McNair apologists still out there?

    Quote Originally Posted by RustonRifle View Post
    Even if the Ravens were to keep McNair around for 5 years at 32 million it's a better deal than Kyle Boller at 5 years -20 million plus a first and second round draft pick.
    That's the one thing that really bugs me when people bring that up, we gave up a 1st and 2nd rounder to get a first round selection. Consequently the net loss was a 2nd rounder, not a 1st and 2nd rounder as some would have you believe.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland