Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 13 to 14 of 14
  1. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tenuous
    Posts
    4,920

    Re: GOP playing poor game of "Simon Says"



    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

    Now, I will agree the GOP did simply give up during the late 80's and early 90's in attracting the black vote. It was short-sighted and they have begun trying to woo more black voters.
    That was my point of this post. As you astutely pointed out, Steele is not of the typical conservative mix that is having the most say in the GOP of late. The fact that he overtook Dawson when it appeared Dawson was the forerunner is suspect to me.

    Steele has pro-choice connections...you saw what that did to Lieberman but now it is tolerable? The truth is that the complexion of this country is changing and as a result, so is the vote. I am glad to see the GOP trying to diversify as well as maybe moderating some of the social conservatism. But don't try to tell me that the Palin pick and especially the Steele pick has nothing to do with recent successes of the democrats in reaching out to someone other than the rich old white man.

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Again, you belivee the bumper sticker dogma. Me, I like to look at historical facts.
    Just between you and me HR, your coulter-like reliance in trying to diminish the validity of an opposing view by declaring "bumper-sticker dogma" all the time doesn't add credence to your stances.








  2. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    22,268

    Re: GOP playing poor game of "Simon Says"

    Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    Steele has pro-choice connections...you saw what that did to Lieberman but now it is tolerable?
    Not sure what you're getting at. For me, as a conservative, it's one thing to bring a pro-choice element to the table. It's another to actively pursue the policies. Steele, while an honorable man, is not the best choice to lead the GOP, IMNO.

    Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    But don't try to tell me that the Palin pick and especially the Steele pick has nothing to do with recent successes of the democrats in reaching out to someone other than the rich old white man.
    See, you fault me for calling out your bumper sticker stances then keep right on using them. I've been to GOP functions, dating back to my time as the chairman of my college GOP caucus. I dont know of this "rich old white man" group of whch you speak.

    Now, to your point, just because the Dems have propped up less qualified people in favor of things like race and sex does not equal some lack of diversity from the GOP. GOP has resisited the knee-jerk white guilt urge to enact AA legislations and, to their credit, it is now paying off by support from an ever growing black population who agree with leaders like MLK that it comes down to the content of their character and not the color of their skin.

    The fastest growing segment within the GOP are women and blacks.

    Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    Just between you and me HR, your coulter-like reliance in trying to diminish the validity of an opposing view by declaring "bumper-sticker dogma" all the time doesn't add credence to your stances.
    If the shoe fits ....
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland