Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 72 of 134
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Columbia, Maryland
    Posts
    1,179

    Re: Now, Let's Talk Draft



    I am liking this QB prospect to groom behind McNair:

    Drew Stanton

    Strengths:
    Has good size and a solid frame...Arm strength is excellent...Is a terrific all-around athlete who can move in the pocket, throw on the run and hurt defenses with his feet...Displays good accuracy, touch and timing...Is smart and a good leader with top intangibles...A gunslinger who is very competitive and tough...Can take over and dominate a game when he is on...Still has quite a bit of upside and potential.

    Weaknesses:
    Is wildly inconsistent...Doesn't handle pressure well...Has a lot of mental lapses and will take too many chances...Has battled injuries throughout his career and durability is a big question...Will need to adjust to a pro-style offense...Throwing mechanics and footwork will need work...Too eager to run...Opens himself up to big hits...Stares down his target...Has a long memory & bad plays stay with him.

    Notes:
    Has all the physical tools you look for but doesn't always play up to them...Tore his ACL while covering a punt in 2003...Looked like a potential high first round pick prior to his senior year but, like his Spartan team, he really struggled at times in 2006...Classic boom or bust type who looks like an elite prospect one game and an undrafted free agent the next...Could be a great starter in the NFL but for that to happen he'll have to develop some consistency and cut down on the mistakes
    It's a new season! It's a new day!




  2. #62
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Columbia, Maryland
    Posts
    1,179

    Re: Now, Let's Talk Draft

    Quote Originally Posted by Sephy View Post
    His freshman highlights are even more impressive:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u954R...elated&search=

    You can see how he's a weapon in the passing game as well, screen and real patterns.
    The nfldraftcountdown website has him going 15th in their mock to the Steelers, but why would they need him when they have Willie Parker as well as more pressing needs?

    I also looked at the draft positions and the teams ahead of us don't really have a pressing need for RB, so I can see Marshawn Lynch falling to us at 27.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!




  3. #63

    Re: Now, Let's Talk Draft

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravens0587 View Post
    1996 #26 Baltimore Ray Lewis MLB Miami
    2001 #31 Baltimore Todd Heap TE Arizona State
    2002 #24 Baltimore Ed Reed SS Miami
    2005 #22 Baltimore Mark Clayton WR Oklahoma


    I thought Reed was later than that.

    Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    I'd probably be willing to give up my first rounder to the Chargers for Turner if we could get their second or third rounder as well.
    Concerning Turner I think we are waiting to see what RFA offer he gets from San Diego.

    It won't be a trade, as in, they give us a third and Turner for our first, it would be a free agent signing where, because the player is a restricted free agent, the signing team is required by NFL rules to give either (a) a first rounder, or (b) a first rounder *and* a third rounder, depending on how much the player's *current* team is offering.
    Festivus

    His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.




  4. #64

    Re: Now, Let's Talk Draft

    Marshawn Lynch would be phenomenal at RB.

    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleRulz View Post
    The nfldraftcountdown website has him going 15th in their mock to the Steelers, but why would they need him when they have Willie Parker as well as more pressing needs?

    I also looked at the draft positions and the teams ahead of us don't really have a pressing need for RB, so I can see Marshawn Lynch falling to us at 27.
    Lynch can also take PR/KO duties if asked, maybe as a more realistic back up to Sams.

    I would love for this guy to fall to us...but I just don't see it happening.




  5. #65

    Re: Now, Let's Talk Draft

    If our first pick is NOT a RB I will be ticked. This "best player available" deal is just not always the way to go IMO. RB is the biggest weakness on the offense and needs to be addressed ASAP. I would even trade our first round pick to SD for Michael Turner.

    FM




  6. #66
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Columbia, Maryland
    Posts
    1,179

    Re: Now, Let's Talk Draft

    Quote Originally Posted by Mobtown View Post
    Lynch can also take PR/KO duties if asked, maybe as a more realistic back up to Sams.

    I would love for this guy to fall to us...but I just don't see it happening.

    I know this will sound very crappy, but I am hoping for a bad Combine performance or even low Wonderlick score, or some B.S. that will drop him to our range. Remember how Vince Young's Wonderlick score almost dropped him? Had it not been for the Tits ignoring that, Young may dropped into the teens.

    Again, I know this sounds crappy, but so much is made of Combine performances. Give me the game tape.

    Ask Broderick Bunkley.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!




  7. #67
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Columbia, Maryland
    Posts
    1,179

    Re: Now, Let's Talk Draft

    Quote Originally Posted by Fanman View Post
    If our first pick is NOT a RB I will be ticked. This "best player available" deal is just not always the way to go IMO. RB is the biggest weakness on the offense and needs to be addressed ASAP. I would even trade our first round pick to SD for Michael Turner.

    FM
    On WNST, Drew and Casey talked about our draft philosophy has changed a little. Look for our first pick to not simply to be "BPA", but it will be the "best player available" that is "ready now." Don't look for any two or three year projects this coming draft. The Ravens will draft as many "ready-now" players in each round as they can. Marshawn Lynch fits that "ready now" description. So does Michael Bush.

    This based from the success we found with Dawan Landry, who was described by Decosta as a player with the maturity to step in immediately and play.

    Getting back to RB, so far the only RBs I am impressed with are Lynch, Peterson, and Bush. Kenny Irons is playing in the Senior Bowl, so I'll keep an eye on him.

    Garrett Wolfe is also playing, but in one scouting report, he is described as "not intelligent." I'd pass on him.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!




  8. #68
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Now live from Pittsburgh for work
    Posts
    6,839

    Re: Now, Let's Talk Draft

    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleRulz View Post
    I am liking this QB prospect to groom behind McNair:

    Drew Stanton

    Strengths:
    Has good size and a solid frame...Arm strength is excellent...Is a terrific all-around athlete who can move in the pocket, throw on the run and hurt defenses with his feet...Displays good accuracy, touch and timing...Is smart and a good leader with top intangibles...A gunslinger who is very competitive and tough...Can take over and dominate a game when he is on...Still has quite a bit of upside and potential.

    Weaknesses:
    Is wildly inconsistent...Doesn't handle pressure well...Has a lot of mental lapses and will take too many chances...Has battled injuries throughout his career and durability is a big question...Will need to adjust to a pro-style offense...Throwing mechanics and footwork will need work...Too eager to run...Opens himself up to big hits...Stares down his target...Has a long memory & bad plays stay with him.

    Notes:
    Has all the physical tools you look for but doesn't always play up to them...Tore his ACL while covering a punt in 2003...Looked like a potential high first round pick prior to his senior year but, like his Spartan team, he really struggled at times in 2006...Classic boom or bust type who looks like an elite prospect one game and an undrafted free agent the next...Could be a great starter in the NFL but for that to happen he'll have to develop some consistency and cut down on the mistakes
    All of his weaknesses are exactly Kyle's weaknesses. Don't know if I want to draft a project like that again.




  9. #69
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Columbia, Maryland
    Posts
    1,179

    Re: Now, Let's Talk Draft

    Quote Originally Posted by Sephy View Post
    All of his weaknesses are exactly Kyle's weaknesses. Don't know if I want to draft a project like that again.

    True, but maybe sitting him behind a Steve McNair instead of throwing Stanton to the wolves, as they did Boller, will yield different/better results.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!




  10. #70

    Re: Now, Let's Talk Draft

    I doubt they will draft a qb out of this year's draft class. Maybe in a year where there are 4 or so first rounders, and the right one falls to wherever we are drafting. Like a Mark Clayton, but at quarterback.
    Festivus

    His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.




  11. #71
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Mount Airy, MD.
    Posts
    1,394

    Re: Now, Let's Talk Draft

    Anyone who doesn't think we need a RB is crazy. I don't think Jamal will be back. Musa has a list of injuries. That leaves MA and PJ Daniels. Watching the games this weekend I was impressed with Thomas Jones. Since the Bears have Cedric Benson he may be a cap casualty. I just like the fact he hits the hole....no Jamal dancing. That's the type of player I want in either the draft or FA.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998




  12. #72

    Re: Now, Let's Talk Draft

    I know this will sound very crappy, but I am hoping for a bad Combine performance or even low Wonderlick score, or some B.S. that will drop him to our range. Remember how Vince Young's Wonderlick score almost dropped him? Had it not been for the Tits ignoring that, Young may dropped into the teens.

    Again, I know this sounds crappy, but so much is made of Combine performances. Give me the game tape.

    Ask Broderick Bunkley.
    Well I don't want to judge people but ummm................ummmmmm

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXbOmiOvte4




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland