Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Rick Neuheisel OC/QB Coach. Billick Still Calls Plays

Pretty much, Billick will still be the OC, but Rick Neuheisel seems to have gotten a promotion and will carry the title of OC/ QB Coach.

More to come as I am getting this news as I am typing. I will clean this up later.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Blog Entries

Re: Rick Neuheisel OC/QB Coach. Billick Still Calls Plays

Heard that on WNST. They usually play the presser in the 4 o'clock hour don't they?
    Admin Steve
    Screwing up Ravens message boards since 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by 24x7 Admin View Post
    Heard that on WNST. They usually play the presser in the 4 o'clock hour don't they?
    Yes. I will be listening. I got this news as breaking news while trying to listen to the radio, but the presser should give specific information.

Also, I hope we get info on when the anual organization presser takes place with Steve, Ozzie and Billick. That's the presser I am really looking forward to.

that's good, hopefully Billick will realize his philosophy needs to change a bit to really give the team the best chance to win

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRaven View Post
    that's good, hopefully Billick will realize his philosophy needs to change a bit to really give the team the best chance to win
    Billick has won a SB, 2 AFC North Titles, and had four playoff appearances and two losing seasons since being our HC. He ain't changing his philosophy.

Looks like it's just a title

Blog Entries

An OC should call the plays. Its just a title and a payraise with basically no added responsibilities.

Do not sell Rick short. He is a VERY clever individual. You may be surprised at how much influence he ends up weilding.
    ENFORCE THE 1ST AMENDMENT WITH THE SECOND, NEVER DISARM

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Nurse View Post
    BILLICK MUST GO!!
    I suggest you move on.

Billick was never going to be fired. It's a non issue.

He's staying.

PP

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Nurse View Post
    Non issue...just like our Offense! I would just like to see our Offense MOVE ON!! Maybe our new OC who does not call plays will turn things around
    10th best offense in the league after firing Fassel. Apparently anything less than a 50-0 Super Bowl means we have to fire the coach every year.
    As for Neuheisel this is clearly a way of giving him a raise and raising his profile next year for a possible head coaching job back in college.
    The Steelers: Still looking for a legit Super Bowl victory.

Billick's not going anywhere. This is a good move that moreso just helps out Rick Neuheisel's status. Billick should continue calling plays. Give us a stronger running game and a stronger interior line (LG- Mulitalo, C- Brown, RG- Chester) and we will be fine. (Oh add, a Justin Blalock-type prospect, via the draft, to wait in the wings behind Mulitalo).

12. Re: Rick Neuheisel OC/QB Coach. Billick Still Calls Plays

Quote Originally Posted by F Angelos View Post
    10th best offense in the league after firing Fassel. Apparently anything less than a 50-0 Super Bowl means we have to fire the coach every year.
    As for Neuheisel this is clearly a way of giving him a raise and raising his profile next year for a possible head coaching job back in college.
    The offense doesn't work against high caliber teams. I've got to go with Preston's analysis. Billick is the one constant that keeps our offense in the crapper, no matter who is calling the plays. The system sucks and needs to be scrapped. Albert Einstein (who is definitely not as smart as BB) said:"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing the same way time after time and expecting different results".

If BB is wise he will let Rick do his thing but wisdom and ego don't mix.