Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Colt Brennan Declares, he's our guy

He's still thinking guys not a cert just yet, he's apparently looking for some sort of confirmation that he'd be the #3 QB in the draft. Still a decent chance he goes back to Hawai'i.

UK is right. It'll be a very interesting thing to see.

From what it seems he's trying to see if he'll be the #3 QB in the draft. One would think so...after Quinn and Russell i think he'll easily beat out guys like Troy Smith, Leak, Stanton, etc.

Question is if 3 is ok or if he wants to really try for top 5 next year competing with Brohm to be the top guy going in. Or where the #3 QB ends up getting him drafted. Jacksonville? Baltimore? The difference could mean a lot of money.

I'll be interested to see what happens. In my opinion, can't hurt him to go now, the iron is hot he played a great bowl game. Might not make the bonus money, but with the right contract he'll be on a better team and not get killed or thrown to the wolves right away and come out about the same assuming he can play.

Colt just pulled out of the draft. Damnit.

Doesn't surprise me that much though I can see why if you thought he was our guy that it'd be dissapointing.

Yeah, not surprised. He probably would have stayed only if a sure top 10 pick or something.

Doesn't look like there is a QB worth drafting at the end of the 1st.

More than that - it appears QB barren from the Top 10 of the draft until probably the third round at the earliest.

There will be some guys move in to round 2 with workouts like Trent Edwards and others.

But yeah there is a cavernous gap from Quinn/Russell to the #3 QB.

I would be interested to know what Oz thinks of Troy Smith.

We seem do cash in on the guys whose stock falls b/c of 1 bad game or a bad combine.

What do the draft guys think of him?
    "This year, our attitude when we’re on the field is we’re attacking, we want to put points on the board and then let our defense pin their ears back and have at it."
    -Mark Clayton

Quote Originally Posted by bassgtrst View Post
    I would be interested to know what Oz thinks of Troy Smith.

We seem do cash in on the guys whose stock falls b/c of 1 bad game or a bad combine.

What do the draft guys think of him?
    Troy Smith would make a killer RB or WR, but then Smith becomes a "project" and we are moving away from projects this coming draft. We will be drafting "ready-now" prospect like Dawan Landry and Marques Colston were.

The biggest thing with Troy Smith is that while he may have looked great during the regular season, when clutch-time came, he laid a rotten egg. I hadn't seen Troy Smith outside that game, and I don't care to see those games. It does not matter. I want guys that rise to the occassion in the clutch. We'll see what the Senior Bowl brings, but I am not impressed with Smith.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

that's actually his first egg in the clutch...amazing this year against michigan and texas...then last year about the same.

But either way, I'm not sure he's 1st round talent because once the line broke down he couldn't get anything done and the ability to improvise is enormous if the line can't repeat last year's rather excellent performance in the passing game.

Two things:

1. I heard that Brennan has decided to stay in school. Can someone confirm this? I can't find a story.

2. If so, can someone compile a list (and brief comments) of QB prospects here (other than Russell and Quinn who won't be there when we pick).
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

He's staying in school...surfed up an article: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...e/4478648.html

QB stuff...nfldraftcountdown is pretty solid in giving general opinions.
    Here are their QB rankings
    http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/rankings/qb.html

Really looks like there is nothing until end of round 2 maybe even mid 3rd depending on how people shoot up or down the boards.

In all honesty, QB I am shooting for is Leak in the 4th.
    Last edited by ExiledRaven; 01-19-2007 at 11:20 AM.